No one interested in Berkshire A or B?
Exactly that i am concerned that the strong USD might affect the company performance. Esp if they have international exposure. Eg Apple, PM. Pharma maybe also affected? Maybe? Still reading and analysingthe USD should be steadily rising barring any major events. What is your concern regarding?
Currency doesn't affect stock price, it affects company performances. Especially those with high international exposure like PM. A rising USD would make it's performance look worst than it really is as $$ are convert to USD for accounting.
Anyway, tonight 3M! another one of the behemoth I can't wait to buy ,reporting earnings. according to research, it will beat earnings due to strong 3rd quarter performances. Looks like I might have to wait even longer before dipping in.
Exactly that i am concerned that the strong USD might affect the company performance. Esp if they have international exposure. Eg Apple, PM. Pharma maybe also affected? Maybe? Still reading and analysing
Yea....been spending my spare time reading Seeking Alpha. Great site...and yes the comments are very useful but at times the conflicting opinions in articles gets me really confused. I start doubting my own reasearch. LOLIf you are looking for in-depth analysis, I highly recommend seeking alpha, and especially read the comments section.
Currency risk is always there, most companies would hedge some of their currency risk. USD won't rise forever, you just stack your way in perhaps?
Main thing is still how much a company is earning vs debt and expenses.
Yea....been spending my spare time reading Seeking Alpha. Great site...and yes the comments are very useful but at times the conflicting opinions in articles gets me really confused. I start doubting my own reasearch. LOL
No one interested in Berkshire A or B?
That's why even experts disagree, those are for research purposes, you have to form your own opinion, it may be Contrarian to general consensus but that usually is where $$ is made. See which side of the coin are you more in agreement with.
Qualcomm -8.3% premarket after reducing its outlook for fiscal 2015, saying it expects its newest Snapdragon mobile chip to not be used in a "major customer's" flagship smartphone. The company also blamed increased competition in China for the reduced guidance. Still showing surprising growth for its latest quarter, Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) reported that first-quarter net income rose 5% from a year ago to $2B.
U follow QCOM arh? Haha, I only post counters I'm looking at or vested in. Even my alerts are set that way, sometimes didn't look at others.
I nowadays only take the morning breakfast from seeking alpha nia, never really play US market already hehe
last time I like to play banks and tech stocks, damn exciting hehehehe
lao jiao here,
anyone using this to buy US shares?
actually quite bo hua right? cos other broker like etrade, thinkOrSwim, interactive brokers. has lower cost per trade? like $8 $10 per trade.
while SCB charges by %%%. so theres no higer limit..
anything im missing?
also,
for US shares, u all buy those got give dividend 1 not shag meh? always kana tax 30% right?![]()
Yep, a couple of things.other broker like etrade, thinkOrSwim, interactive brokers. has lower cost per trade? like $8 $10 per trade.
while SCB charges by %%%. so theres no higer limit..
anything im missing?
for US shares, u all buy those got give dividend 1 not shag meh? always kana tax 30% right?![]()