Very Stressful

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

sigeena

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
832
Reaction score
54
A word of advice. Try and get your child to sleeping early after around 3 months. Early as in 8pm-ish. This will allow both parents more alone time from 8-10pm.
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
I see. How about from now till 3 months time? Just depend on what time our child wake up to drink milk? A lot people kept telling me if baby cry abit don’t go and pat or carry it not we will suffer next time is it true?

A word of advice. Try and get your child to sleeping early after around 3 months. Early as in 8pm-ish. This will allow both parents more alone time from 8-10pm.
 

Lss

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Messages
123,195
Reaction score
14,817
I see. How about from now till 3 months time? Just depend on what time our child wake up to drink milk? A lot people kept telling me if baby cry abit don’t go and pat or carry it not we will suffer next time is it true?

Depends on what you feel and believe. I believe that if baby cries but isn't hungry or soiled, it means he/she feels unsafe and scared. So if just carrying and hugging helps I will just do it.

Now my son is 18 months and rarely wants me to carry or hug. YMMV of course.
 

sigeena

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
832
Reaction score
54
For the 1st month, it's feeding every 2 hours of 30-60ml.

From 2nd month on, if the baby feeds up to 60-90, may be able to stretch to 3-4 hours per feed.

I stick to this pretty much. If the baby is able to eat and poo very regularly in the 1st week, usually no problems with jaundice.

People find all sorts of excuses not to carry baby. I think carrying your child helps in emotional bonding. Anyway, by 7th-8th month, your baby will always be sticky to the primary caregiver.
 

mickey88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
7,765
Reaction score
1,952
If breast feeding..the baby will be super sticky to mummy..Do take note of it. Both of my babies are breast feeding but the worst is my eldest..Wife cun even go bathroom without her crying..
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
Thanks all once again. Baby now go on a 3-4 hour feed from night to morning. During the day probably it will be shorter due to breast milk and infant milk.

When baby cries I will carry to pacify and am trying to monitor Jundice level as well. Does using a pacifier spoil the baby teeth when growing up? I usually will try to give when baby is crying and nanny is in the midst of preparing the milk.
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
531
When baby cries I will carry to pacify and am trying to monitor Jundice level as well. Does using a pacifier spoil the baby teeth when growing up? I usually will try to give when baby is crying and nanny is in the midst of preparing the milk.

My both kids with no pacifier.
 

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2017
Messages
18,423
Reaction score
166
So far the Confinement nanny is ok but I saw her before while feeding the baby she will watch her hp etc. is it a big deal? Prob I know she has experience and can handle.
 

mickey88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
7,765
Reaction score
1,952
So far the Confinement nanny is ok but I saw her before while feeding the baby she will watch her hp etc. is it a big deal? Prob I know she has experience and can handle.

lol..give n take..unless she is watching hp while bathing the baby then it is a concern.
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
So far the Confinement nanny is ok but I saw her before while feeding the baby she will watch her hp etc. is it a big deal? Prob I know she has experience and can handle.

Relax mummy ( or daddy) she got experience
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
Thanks all once again. Baby now go on a 3-4 hour feed from night to morning. During the day probably it will be shorter due to breast milk and infant milk.

When baby cries I will carry to pacify and am trying to monitor Jundice level as well. Does using a pacifier spoil the baby teeth when growing up? I usually will try to give when baby is crying and nanny is in the midst of preparing the milk.
My Son do use the pacifier when young but dun have spoil ( or bunny teeth ) leh
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
I see. How about from now till 3 months time? Just depend on what time our child wake up to drink milk? A lot people kept telling me if baby cry abit don’t go and pat or carry it not we will suffer next time is it true?
suffer wat? If a baby cry, usually is hungry . Pls dun ignore . I do pat my Son to sleep last time but now also no need to suffer ah. I say sleep he go sleep
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
Thanks everyone. I was expecting people to bash me for being a sissy.

I really feel helpless seeing if my baby cry or make some noise and I can’t help much. Since the day my wife admitted I haven been sleeping well or eating well. Sleep few hours and eat very little.
It’s alrite . We been through tat b4
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
Not easy being a parent first time..I don't even know how to carry my first child when she born..So scare of injure the baby when so small..now after second one..no problem..my first child is now 2 yr old while d second is 1 yr old..The only stress part for me is not enough leave..
Ya Loh . Agreed . Still remember the 1st day bring the baby back no 1 dare to bath him, I was like ....... okok 我來我來
 

etbenben

Banned
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
9,786
Reaction score
1
Matrock5, are u still working or taking leave to take care of Wife and kid? Try to have some nap when the child is sleeping. If u r gamer , can almost say bye bye Liao . Enjoy your parenthood. It’s just the beginning , later on will be more siong
 

gnoes85

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
35,728
Reaction score
6,199
I mostly take care of the newborn myself. Anything I dunno, I just Google for multiple answers and use the best one imo. My blur wife is amazed of my adaptation to a newborn.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top