Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

feist_

Reaction score
Anybody has issues with Japan vPost address?
My merchant is confused with the address that I gave because it has 2 different cities o_0

use tenso! no issues with address, and the CS is good.

never trust vpost. all their addresses are slightly messed up (like they werent sure how to execute the business). Their services are even worse.

Imperado

Reaction score
I use comgateway.. they dont allow me to select dhl or fedex. Can i change or should i change?

HeadKiller

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I use cash on delivery to comgateway US address?
Cos after repeated attempt of using paypal which ended in error, I got fed up and selected COD which worked. :s22:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, can I use cash on delivery to comgateway US address?
Cos after repeated attempt of using paypal which ended in error, I got fed up and selected COD which worked. :s22:
which store uses cod? cgw will not administer such payments even if u prepay them. But u may try, notify if. possible.

Imperado

Reaction score
eh dhl deliver my parcel when im not home today.. how to reschedule? must call? cant seem to find the function on their website

BillaMax

Reaction score
HEY GUYS! PLEASE CALL UP YOUR BANK TO CHANGE THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER. 2 OF MY CARDS USED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CGW TRANSACTIONS HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED.

The 1st card was charged with to an unknown US merchant where the bank refused to honour the payment and contacted me. The 2nd card was charged just now at 8pm to eBay HK in USD. The charge was for $130+ after converting to SGD.

I have just canceled both cards. DBS needs you to submit a dispute form in order to receive back your money.

I'm FREAKING MAD with CGW#&!@)(*&$#!@&$(!#&$&!##!)(

F THEM

alan_shearer

Reaction score
What if I pay CGW via Paypal? Does this only apply to those who store credit card information with CGW?

HEY GUYS! PLEASE CALL UP YOUR BANK TO CHANGE THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER. 2 OF MY CARDS USED EXCLUSIVELY FOR CGW TRANSACTIONS HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED.

The 1st card was charged with to an unknown US merchant where the bank refused to honour the payment and contacted me. The 2nd card was charged just now at 8pm to eBay HK in USD. The charge was for $130+ after converting to SGD.

I have just canceled both cards. DBS needs you to submit a dispute form in order to receive back your money.

I'm FREAKING MAD with CGW#&!@)(*&$#!@&$(!#&$&!##!)(

F THEM

BillaMax

Reaction score
What if I pay CGW via Paypal? Does this only apply to those who store credit card information with CGW?

I'm not exactly sure but you may want to change your password with Paypal. I realise that CGW not only stores your credit card number, expiry date but also your CVV code allowing hackers access to your credit card account and thereby charging it.

If CGW is storing our CVV code, GOD who knows that they might be secretly storing your paypal password. Set up 2FA if your Paypal account allow.

I have done my part in securing my financial data. For financial transactions I only use my chromebook in incognito mode. It is unlikely a stripped down OS with secure boot is compromised.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If CGW is storing our CVV code, GOD who knows that they might be secretly storing your paypal password. Set up 2FA if your Paypal account allow.

This is not possible. Your PP password never passes through CGW.

You log in though PP and send your payment to CGW's PP account.

Also, PP only offers 2FA for US based accounts.

feist_

Reaction score

I have done my part in securing my financial data. For financial transactions I only use my chromebook in incognito mode. It is unlikely a stripped down OS with secure boot is compromised.

im sure most of us don't keep our CVV and credit card details lying around our browsers. but this happened anyway because the breach didn't occur at our browsers, or at your chromebook in incognito mode. it seems to have occured at the merchant backend. which means that once you enter the information and it is transmitted to their servers, this information can be compromised. doing things in incognito will protect your details from the next user, but not the hacker.

also, like that every other merchant that you use your cc on is probably storing your data too. and storing your paypal password. BEWARE! Also remember that people like xbox, sony, and adobe all got compromised before. so stop playing games on your xbox and ps3, and don't even think of buying adobe products. better lock yourself out of itunes and play store also because god forbid someone hacks into them too (and succeed). especially for play store. and careful of all your android apps - they may have trojans hidden inside them since play doesn't do QC (unlike apple).

offline, do make sure to steer clear of any merchant with contactless functionality (such as paywave, paypass) - you never know when someone may be waving something around to scam you.

If you are going to advise everyone to go to such lengths to "protect" themselves, and not trust any merchants at all, then might as well go all the way. These are all measures that people do take. of course, usually not all together, but who are we to stop you :)

THAT SAID- you are protected by enforced chargeback protection laws. once your txn is fraudulent, you will get your money back. it may be slightly inconvenient in the case of DBS, but many other banks have a very seamless process - including Citi and OCBC, who replaced my cards proactively (even for other fraud cases) and were very polite about it. May be easier on your mind to just treat this risk as the price of convenience of shopping online.

also, getting hacked is not a merchant's fault (unless they have no protection systems. but in this case, i think CGW is 3d secure? i get OTP everytime i use them) -
Furthermore, CC number, CVV and expiry are not difficult to generate on your own:
A credit card is a 16 digit number that is NOT random.
CVV - just 3 digits. any programme can run.
expiry - not random either, and the variance is usually around 5 years.
Hence they're much simpler to generate than some of the passwords that we are forced to create today (need big letter, small letter, punctuation, etc).

2FA on Paypal is a good start, but many merchants still don't accept paypal. only CC. A real solution would really be to require authentication everytime your card is charged, and not just at selected 3DS merchants. At present, many merchants still don't need 3DS or any other authentication, so anyone with a correct combi of CC, CVV and expiry can transact. But that's another problem for another day :)

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's going on with CGW website? I got 2 items there that I'm trying to ship to me but the procedure seems to be looping back to stage 1.

After I chose the address, then marking the package to be sent, when I click next, it will loop back to the address page. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, all same results. Anyone experiencing the same situation?

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
What's going on with CGW website? I got 2 items there that I'm trying to ship to me but the procedure seems to be looping back to stage 1.

After I chose the address, then marking the package to be sent, when I click next, it will loop back to the address page. I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, all same results. Anyone experiencing the same situation?

Y don't you contact their helpdesk / post on FB?

auburn

Reaction score
only tried vPost and CGW. I do a lot of makeup/clothes shopping in the USA, hope to help fellow females looking for a 3rd party shipper! my 1st choice would be CGW if I know I do not exceed SGD 400 and did not ship any "unshippable" items :spin: recently they claimed that a hair oil in a spritz bottle (not even pressurized) was unshippable and made me choose to discard or redirect my package to vPOST (cost additional $20 USD to do that) - which subsequently shipped it to where I'm at. (the shipping cost was like $150, nv offer repack etc, hate vPOST!! but bobian)

all in all, CGW is very picky, but currently the most efficient, and I would only go to them if I am completely sure of my package being shippable and within the non-GST limit.

CGW pros:
1) comes with free welcome pack with a lot of free codes for free express shipping, free quotes, free repack etc, altho I find only the express shipping is valuable
2) excellent customer svc. I once was very dissatisfied with their service and they waived my package redirection fee and added a $20 voucher to my account (better than nothing). also they have chat which is good, rather than communicating via email
3) price quite competitive
4) assuming your package is sth like make-up in a box and can be split, CGW offers manual package splitting (to split value to avoid GST) at $10 USD

CGW cons:
1) open your package and check the contents themselves. they will find the receipt and declare for you. so if you exceed SGD 400 - need to pay gst lo.. or ship stuff that they claim is flammable, you will have to discard, resend package back, or ship to another 3rd party forwarder
2) has a redirect fee - please check your original mailer's weight quote and compare it with CGW's weight quote. they once charged me 5kg for a 3kg package to redirect, and I disputed it with my original mailer's form
3) takes 2 days to process package

vPOST pros:
1) very slack, will accept whatever you send them and you declare your own package
2) don't really take any time to process. once it's there, it's there. just it doesn't show sometimes so have to input code to manually find package

vPost cons:
1) really last resort. very very expensive, with base fee (can only combine for packages bound for SG)
2) do not offer repack even tho they say they do. I had a 4kg diff btwn chargeable and actual weight and nothing was offered. I could not contact them and ended up paying $100+ for a 2kg package :mad:
3) 0 customer service. no chat service unlike CGW. once your package is there, you have to ship it. there is no other option unlike CGW to redirect etc. you're stuck with vPOST
4) there is nth fantastic about vPOST, it is just a last resort and is bs at everything else. don't expect to save money, or to have super fast shipping times..

never tried Borderlinx as they are in Ohio which isn't tax free. and I had a few chats with them and they do not offer manual combining/repacking to split item value unlike CGW. they seem very inflexible like another vPOST so wasn't keen on trying them.

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I had something shipped to CGW. Ordered the shipment on 11th Mar from CGW to SG and items were in my hands on 17th. It got upgraded to DHL Express automatically. Don't know why?
I paid with PayPal this time round since all my registered cards have been replaced by the banks.

Just sharing info with anyone who are considering shipping with CGW after the credit card saga.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.