Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

doraemon123

Reaction score
How does CGW compare to Borderlinx? I've been using Borderlinx for the past 2 shipments but they charge pretty expensive for my second shipment. Another reason for switching is also because the merchant (which is based in Ohio) charges 8% for sales tax to ship to Borderlinx (which is also in Ohio). I'm only concerned about the repacking fee by CGW and the integrity of my CC account. Thanks!

leroycjw

Reaction score
Soooo is paying through paypal truly safe anot? Mine got compromised too but received back the fraud charges alrdy~ =:p

buyonline1977

Reaction score
How to know the products packaging is small or big?

I am looking to buy some Lego Toys from Amazon...the Amazon website have indicate the products dimension in "inch and weight in pounds...but the dimension information some only 2 dimension instead 3 dimension -L* B*H...i copy the information into comgateway get live quote found estimated weight is 10kg...this is killing..the weight mentioned at Amazon is 6.4 pounds about 3kg...i am abit puzzled...anyone can advise or help? Thank you.

babyworm

Reaction score
Are your Lego sets "Sold by Amazon"? You can turn on the Amazon Global Eligible search filter to find these products. They are usually cheaper than those sold by Affiliates and can be shipped by Amazon to you.

Try to accumulate up to US$125 of Amazon Global Eligible purchases and your shipping to Singapore will be free.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some Lego Toys from Amazon...the Amazon website have indicate the products dimension in "inch and weight in pounds...but the dimension information some only 2 dimension instead 3 dimension -L* B*H...i copy the information into comgateway get live quote found estimated weight is 10kg...this is killing..the weight mentioned at Amazon is 6.4 pounds about 3kg...i am abit puzzled...anyone can advise or help? Thank you.

CGW's live quote is crap. I've tried it before with a certain item. Each try returns different weight and just keeps getting heavier.

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The live quote is quite useful, save me quite a few dollars on shipping before. There are certain things you just know will be heavier than the live quoted weight.

feist_

Reaction score
CGW's live quote is crap. I've tried it before with a certain item. Each try returns different weight and just keeps getting heavier.

like that why dont you just open multiple windows and try your luck?
i got keep getting lower before.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
like that why dont you just open multiple windows and try your luck?
i got keep getting lower before.

I just ignored it and shipped my item to them, since I roughly know the size of the package. Ended up I paid 1/4 of the price I was quoted. (within my expected shipping cost)

feist_

Reaction score
I just ignored it and shipped my item to them, since I roughly know the size of the package. Ended up I paid 1/4 of the price I was quoted. (within my expected shipping cost)

Good for you! Anw it's like insurance la. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.....

iamhim

Reaction score
i just bought a logitech headset from amazon and used comgateway to ship to my singapore address, when the package arrived at the US address the actual weight was 0.8kg but charged weight was 2.5kg! wtf.. now my shipping cost is 55% of my headset's cost, should've used amazon's global shipping option :mad:

feist_

Reaction score
i just bought a logitech headset from amazon and used comgateway to ship to my singapore address, when the package arrived at the US address the actual weight was 0.8kg but charged weight was 2.5kg! wtf.. now my shipping cost is 55% of my headset's cost, should've used amazon's global shipping option :mad:

don't these headsets come in big boxes? ppl need to read how they charge before coming here to complain.

it's like buying full-fat milk and complaining that it makes them fat.... :T

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

im not surprised...headset is huge. Keyboards also another one...volumetric weight gaogao :o

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score

Do check the shipment size in future. Forwarders (cgw, vpost etc) always take the higher weight (actual vs volumetric) when charging shipping. You must be new or overlooked this point. That's why extra care must be taken when buying big box items.

Personally, I avoid such items since shipping cost just doesn't justify it.

iamhim

Reaction score
yea sorry for my incompetence, first time using shipping methods like comgateway and didnt know they use volumetric weight :o

btw if i not at home when the delivery man guy comes, where will they send the package too?

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
yea sorry for my incompetence, first time using shipping methods like comgateway and didnt know they use volumetric weight :o

btw if i not at home when the delivery man guy comes, where will they send the package too?

normally delivery is via fedex / dhl. They will leave a note saying when they will retry delivery. Most probably there will be a number for you to call to make arrangements too.

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strange leh

i have prime membership and they said there's a 5% discount but i didnt get it.

btw, has the DBS debit card express upgrade ended???

joanlee

Reaction score
strange leh

i have prime membership and they said there's a 5% discount but i didnt get it.

btw, has the DBS debit card express upgrade ended???

I have prime membership too and no 5% discount. Usually the normal shipping is few days more only.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.