What is your networth?

What is your networth?

  • 1. Negative

    Votes: 68 24.6%
  • 2. S$1-$500K

    Votes: 49 17.8%
  • 3 S$500k -S$1mil

    Votes: 37 13.4%
  • 4. S$1 -2 mil

    Votes: 42 15.2%
  • 5. S$2-5mil

    Votes: 40 14.5%
  • 6. S$ above 5 mil

    Votes: 57 20.7%

  • Total voters
    276

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,315
Reaction score
5,674
Those who say networth is not important are just deluding themselves.

Networth is important as it determines if one can afford to retire.

Like for us, I believe we can survive even if I should lose my job as we can always downgrade to a hdb and live off our proceeds via investment or drawdown.
It’s important but you worry too much, maybe that’s why you got cancer (stress is a huge factor).

I know quite a few ppl who got cancer (some didn’t survive), I can tell you straight up the common thread in most of these cases is stress, usually money and/or relationship issues.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
It’s important but you worry too much, maybe that’s why you got cancer (stress is a huge factor).

I know quite a few ppl who got cancer (some didn’t survive), I can tell you straight up the common thread in most of these cases is stress, usually money and/or relationship issues.
We all have to die one day. My friend who lived the high life as a private cardiologist driving fancy cars also just passed away. Have schoolmates who died in their 20s and 30s too. It's all fated. Just have to be prepared to meet yr Maker and treasure your every moment.

God is good all the time. Wouldn't have survived thus far without His grace and mercy.

As Christmas comes, I hope more are touched and saved by Christ.
 

Arbalest

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
16,458
Reaction score
757
I have not done a full accounting of everything but definitely more than 1m :o

Don't think I will go into full retirement in the future though as I am in a job that has somewhat flexible working arrangement and the pay is quite ok

I agree with you that health actually is the most important. Last time NS I always tried to siam IPPT and exercises, but now am going for fitness classes (the irony)
 

Bhutan

Banned
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
682
Reaction score
437
Very shocked that majority (40) say they have negative networth. All students?
 

Bhutan

Banned
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
682
Reaction score
437
I have not done a full accounting of everything but definitely more than 1m :o

Don't think I will go into full retirement in the future though as I am in a job that has somewhat flexible working arrangement and the pay is quite ok

I agree with you that health actually is the most important. Last time NS I always tried to siam IPPT and exercises, but now am going for fitness classes (the irony)
Indeed, health is wealth. Also hope to slowly semiretire as I go into my 50s.
 

Zze121

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
11,268
Reaction score
638
only ppty on paper gain minus loan, div by 2 + car value + saving + cpf, maybe got 1m nia
 

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
15,297
Reaction score
2,849
currently

1.8 million in cash and cpf, no own house, no car, no women.

took 21 years to achieve as i am low incomer earner.

if start a family all this will be gone, so now work for retirement.
NW increase to 2 million in cash and cpf, no own house, no car, no women.
some appreciation of SG stocks like singtel, seatrium, SATS, STI ETF. the rest in Tbills.
so now work for retirement. took 22 years for me.
younger generation workers now earn much higher salary so should be able to achieve 1 to 2 mil in less than 10 years
 

Bhutan

Banned
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
682
Reaction score
437
currently


NW increase to 2 million in cash and cpf, no own house, no car, no women.
some appreciation of SG stocks like singtel, seatrium, SATS, STI ETF. the rest in Tbills.
so now work for retirement. took 22 years for me.
younger generation workers now earn much higher salary so should be able to achieve 1 to 2 mil in less than 10 years
Why don't u own a place and car since u can afford it?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top