It's long overdue for authorities to cramp down on these.
I remember 1.5 years ago I attended one such workshop by a couple (husband and wife) who proclaim they can and help students to own many properties without much cash.
It's exactly what is described below and many attendees who attended can be silly enough to believe them and pay $3-4K for their 2 days workshop. I walked out from their free seminar as I feel that if so many students give me $3-4K each, of course, I can also easily own a few properties.
But many believed it, as they played the fear factor and also they know Singaporeans OT the most in the world. Who does not want to sit and shake legs while collecting passive income?
Many are screwed right now, as their commercial or industrial units cannot be effectively rented out during this COVID situation.
They sold their HDBs to fund this, and now 100% screwed.
The other types are property agents who would tell you to sell your current fully paid HDBs and use that to buy 2 condos. They happily earn commissions from 2 transactions.
Next up would be for the govt to clamp down on those seminars “ If you give me 30 sec, I will show you how I made a million dollars in a single month..”



