Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Advancer

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
4,909
Reaction score
1,329
anyone got samsung gear iconx 2018 here?
Any reviews for using it for running?
 

Christyles

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2015
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Just brought a 65t from Stereo in Plaza Sing earlier. I audition both E8 and 65t and for me the E8 has better bass and sound quality. The reason why I didn’t get it is how it fits my ear so I went for thr 65t. They matched the 218 price on the Singtel’s site 😃. Can anyone suggest the eq settings for more bass?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Just brought a 65t from Stereo in Plaza Sing earlier. I audition both E8 and 65t and for me the E8 has better bass and sound quality. The reason why I didn’t get it is how it fits my ear so I went for thr 65t. They matched the 218 price on the Singtel’s site �. Can anyone suggest the eq settings for more bass?
How would you compare their differences in terms of sound and connectivity? I see these two are the most popular here. I am thinking to get one for playing from Sony nw35

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Just tested Sony WF1000, SP700 and Jabra Elite 65t.
First up, the 65t is bulky and is quite uncomfortable, unsure if wear long will feel tired or not.
Sound is good, treble wasn't as high as some may say. Phonecall is through both ears, I can hear the other person clearly but the other person hear a lot of background noise from my side.
SP700 music is so-so. Doesnt sound as clear and clearly a step below the WF1000. It's feels lighter on the ear but still secure. Calls feel not as good, I can hear it quite clearly but the other party hears a lot of background noise and voice feels muffled. Only can hear from left earpiece.
Lastly is the WF1000. Wearing it feels the most comfy. Sound is good, on par with 65t and worthy of being a Sony product. Sadly calls also come in from the left earpiece only.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

Gadgetfreakloh

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2001
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
114
Just tested Sony WF1000, SP700 and Jabra Elite 65t.
First up, the 65t is bulky and is quite uncomfortable, unsure if wear long will feel tired or not.
Sound is good, treble wasn't as high as some may say. Phonecall is through both ears, I can hear the other person clearly but the other person hear a lot of background noise from my side.
SP700 music is so-so. Doesnt sound as clear and clearly a step below the WF1000. It's feels lighter on the ear but still secure. Calls feel not as good, I can hear it quite clearly but the other party hears a lot of background noise and voice feels muffled. Only can hear from left earpiece.
Lastly is the WF1000. Wearing it feels the most comfy. Sound is good, on par with 65t and worthy of being a Sony product. Sadly calls also come in from the left earpiece only.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT

Wf1000 sound is good. Only problem is disconnection to right earbud. However latest firmware mininise it but buffering time increase. This meant 0.5 sec voice and video delay in videos.
 

Shadow79

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2001
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
40
Just received the WF-SP700N from Lazada. Briefly listened for a few minutes. Definitely more emphasis on the bass that the WF-1000X, typical of most sport oriented earphones. Very light and comfy compared to the 65T which I recently sold. Was originally upset with the sound quality till I find out the earphone defaulted to SBC codec instead of AAC out of the box. Have to switched to AAC using the app and its everything is good. WF-1000X definitely sound more balanced but this one is more comfy and the box, which is still big, is so much more compact than the WF-1000X. Wish the build quality is better. Kind of cheap feeling.
 

wilianto

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I contacted Stereo via the live chat and tried to price match the jabra elite 65T with the one listed on the singtel site ($218 vs $268) but they did not approve the price match. Can someone enlighten me with the correct link? Thank you.
 
Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
I contacted Stereo via the live chat and tried to price match the jabra elite 65T with the one listed on the singtel site ($218 vs $268) but they did not approve the price match. Can someone enlighten me with the correct link? Thank you.
you mean this? https://nocontract.singtel.com/products/jabra-elite-65t-wireless-earbud-black

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
 

wilianto

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Yeah this was the one and it wasn’t approved. I wasn’t given any reason as to why it was rejected. Anyone else has another link as a person seemed to be able to price match using the singtel link.
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
Do you mind when phone calls only come in through one earbud? I am used to both because I plug in my wired earphones for my conference meetings. Suddenly not able to hear on both ears feel weird.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Do you mind when phone calls only come in through one earbud? I am used to both because I plug in my wired earphones for my conference meetings. Suddenly not able to hear on both ears feel weird.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
which bud are you referring?

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
 

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
34,779
Reaction score
2,400
which bud are you referring?

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
Both the Sony WF1000 and SP700 can only hear through the left bud when taking calls.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Both the Sony WF1000 and SP700 can only hear through the left bud when taking calls.

Sent from a tiny corner in SG using GAGT
seem to be same problem as bose sports...

fortunately..jabra 65t can listen to call on both buds..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
0RX0EcCl.jpg

sitting this seat really render the jabra elite 65t useless...music keep stutter... :( have to take it off and replace with my e8..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
seem to be same problem as bose sports...

fortunately..jabra 65t can listen to call on both buds..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

Both my E8 and AirPods can also listen on both sides.
 

wilianto

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Is the dropout issue with jabra elite 65T that serious? Seems like people have mixed opinions on it. I spoke with a staff at Stereo and they said they hadn’t experienced any returns with the Elite 65T but a staff at Challenger actually said it is inevitable that it may experience dropouts in areas with strong magnetic field.

Can someone who actually experiences the problem verify? I plan to take it overseas and would be bummed if it experiences the said problem.
 

Jango_Fett

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
sitting this seat really render the jabra elite 65t useless...music keep stutter... :( have to take it off and replace with my e8..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

Woah! You carry both everywhere?! :eek:


Is the dropout issue with jabra elite 65T that serious? Seems like people have mixed opinions on it. I spoke with a staff at Stereo and they said they hadn’t experienced any returns with the Elite 65T but a staff at Challenger actually said it is inevitable that it may experience dropouts in areas with strong magnetic field.

Can someone who actually experiences the problem verify? I plan to take it overseas and would be bummed if it experiences the said problem.

I have had the 65T for about 1 month. The dropouts are real and will definitely happen. There are certain "black out" zones (e.g. near the EZ-Link points, near MRT doors, etc.) but it doesn't affect me that much as its like a split second hiccup / static noise from the earphones but by the time I notice I am already away from the "black out" zone.

It doesn't bother me personally, but if you are quite particular about it, it may affect your purchase decision.
 

wilianto

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I see. I thought by dropout, it meant that the connection just instantly disconnected and I would have to reconnect it again. If it is just a few seconds of disconnection and it will reconnect automatically once I’m out of the ‘zone’, I guess it’s just a minor issue then. Thanks for the clarification.
 

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
12,597
Reaction score
1,131
Is the dropout issue with jabra elite 65T that serious? Seems like people have mixed opinions on it. I spoke with a staff at Stereo and they said they hadn’t experienced any returns with the Elite 65T but a staff at Challenger actually said it is inevitable that it may experience dropouts in areas with strong magnetic field.

Can someone who actually experiences the problem verify? I plan to take it overseas and would be bummed if it experiences the said problem.
you never bother to read my post? the drop out is not disconnect..but your audio constantly get distorted and stutter ..until you move out from the zone..but if you happen to get a seat near the pole..then you will have to give it away...
Woah! You carry both everywhere?! :eek:




I have had the 65T for about 1 month. The dropouts are real and will definitely happen. There are certain "black out" zones (e.g. near the EZ-Link points, near MRT doors, etc.) but it doesn't affect me that much as its like a split second hiccup / static noise from the earphones but by the time I notice I am already away from the "black out" zone.

It doesn't bother me personally, but if you are quite particular about it, it may affect your purchase decision.
yes..i carried both of them...as I know..if e65 fail me on the bus..i will switch to e8...

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top