Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Jamesky

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
359
Reaction score
1
Just bought Soundpeats Truewireless capsule from Amazon SG website @ $49. I now use it more than my creative outlier gold.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
gpdAxRCl.jpg


My right side of my earbud one charging connector point dropped off and I didn't notice. Then I realise this right side can't charge le... :'(
Anyone know if I should be able to DIY stick in a wire or metal thing to let it charge again???

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
8,583
Reaction score
55
Ask you all ah. Sabbat E12 ultra, is it considered "true wireless stereo plus" ???

According to some sites stating it uses qcc3020 and on Qualcomm site stated 3020 does support true wireless stero plus. Whether its activated or not, i cant find any info on it.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
According to some sites stating it uses qcc3020 and on Qualcomm site stated 3020 does support true wireless stero plus. Whether its activated or not, i cant find any info on it.
I saw some bro pair it with Sony high end phones and it can work in TWS+ mode
KRx8eErl.jpg

By right if true wireless stereo plus, it shouldn't be seeing two sabbat devices???
I notice when listening to both left right earbuds, then put one side earbud into case, the other earbud in my ear will pause for around 5 seconds before connecting back. Same on both sides I tried.
Sabbat e12 ultra users. Is this normal???
This doesn't happen on my Awei, it is seamless not a second drop...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

lenseview

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
8,583
Reaction score
55
KRx8eErl.jpg

By right if true wireless stereo plus, it shouldn't be seeing two sabbat devices???
I notice when listening to both left right earbuds, then put one side earbud into case, the other earbud in my ear will pause for around 5 seconds before connecting back. Same on both sides I tried.
Sabbat e12 ultra users. Is this normal???
This doesn't happen on my Awei, it is seamless not a second drop...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

YmvjXJF.jpg


Not sure about your phone. Mine was definitely not in tws plus mode. Its showing the connected one as master. As in this case the right earbud. And for switching, can just disconnect the right bud from this menu and tap the left bud to connect as master. For tws plus to work, phobe have to support. And using qualcomm soc. Unless samsung is able to provide tws plus function with a firmware update, which i highly doubt so.

I think the disconnect happens when the master earbud is being put back into the case?
 
Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
It varies. Sony implemented some sort of true wireless plus, it connects both buds at the same time, so there's no master/slave connection for buds which support tws+. Most other manufacturers connect in master/slave mode even though the phone and buds support tws+, that's why you get a short disconnect and connect when you put the master bud into the case as the phone switches to connect to the slave bud from the master bud. Some tws buds doesn't do this, for example Sony wf-1000xm3, there's no disconnection when either one of the buds are placed into the case. And some other tws can only use one dedicated side for mono use. So it's quite a messy tws world out there.
 

klaha81

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2004
Messages
2,010
Reaction score
55
R u the guy that posted it earlier.. I know someone bought it. Can't remember who




I just got my unit 2 days ago as well. Good stuff, very bassy. I don't really like the tips that came with it, its too soft and i had difficulty with fit on my left ear owing to the weirdly shaped nozzle of the unit.

The magic came when i fitted it with foam tips. It was a day and night difference with the seal on both ears. ANC much better and music is booming. I would say ditch the stock tips. A pity that i had to use my older foam tips which are showing signs of breaking up (crystalline audio crystal foam tips)

This unit totally makes my Sony WF1000xm3 redundant...can sell already..
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
YmvjXJF.jpg


Not sure about your phone. Mine was definitely not in tws plus mode. Its showing the connected one as master. As in this case the right earbud. And for switching, can just disconnect the right bud from this menu and tap the left bud to connect as master. For tws plus to work, phobe have to support. And using qualcomm soc. Unless samsung is able to provide tws plus function with a firmware update, which i highly doubt so.

I think the disconnect happens when the master earbud is being put back into the case?

It varies. Sony implemented some sort of true wireless plus, it connects both buds at the same time, so there's no master/slave connection for buds which support tws+. Most other manufacturers connect in master/slave mode even though the phone and buds support tws+, that's why you get a short disconnect and connect when you put the master bud into the case as the phone switches to connect to the slave bud from the master bud. Some tws buds doesn't do this, for example Sony wf-1000xm3, there's no disconnection when either one of the buds are placed into the case. And some other tws can only use one dedicated side for mono use. So it's quite a messy tws world out there.

I try to be a little more detailed (lor so:s13:)
took both earbuds out and its paired almost instantly very good. Then turn on phone (Poco F1) bluetooth, it detects only one sabbat e12 ultra device. Click connect, ok everything play smoothly. BUT i notice after connecting to phone, a second sabbat e12 ultra appear on the available bluetooth device asking me to pair too. I paired this second sabbat e12 ultra device, but only one stays connected. Music plays no problem. BUT when i remove one side to put into case, the earbud in my ears will pause 5 seconds then say connected, and music plays again. I tried both sides, also same issue.

I tried on my Sony DAP NW-A35. The situation is worse, because its not as smart as mobile phone to auto connect... When i put one earbud into case, the other earbud in my ears will literately stop. I guess my DAP is not the latest model, so making is less smart to connect automatically... :(

Anyway, so is this the norm for this Sabbat E12 Ultra? Or my set is faulty ah? I tried 5 seconds reset, and some say 20 seconds reset. Nothing seem to work...
 

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
24,738
Reaction score
2,285
Just received my soundpeats trueengine2, test a few song and I went back to Sabbat E12 Ultra.
Personally prefer bassy.

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL using GAGT
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
I try to be a little more detailed (lor so:s13:)
took both earbuds out and its paired almost instantly very good. Then turn on phone (Poco F1) bluetooth, it detects only one sabbat e12 ultra device. Click connect, ok everything play smoothly. BUT i notice after connecting to phone, a second sabbat e12 ultra appear on the available bluetooth device asking me to pair too. I paired this second sabbat e12 ultra device, but only one stays connected. Music plays no problem. BUT when i remove one side to put into case, the earbud in my ears will pause 5 seconds then say connected, and music plays again. I tried both sides, also same issue.

I tried on my Sony DAP NW-A35. The situation is worse, because its not as smart as mobile phone to auto connect... When i put one earbud into case, the other earbud in my ears will literately stop. I guess my DAP is not the latest model, so making is less smart to connect automatically... :(

Anyway, so is this the norm for this Sabbat E12 Ultra? Or my set is faulty ah? I tried 5 seconds reset, and some say 20 seconds reset. Nothing seem to work...

It's normal. Most tws buds will ask you to pair the other side even though it's a master/slave connection. Some buds won't ask and only show one bud name in the phone bluetooth devices. The disconnect and connect is also normal for most tws buds, as you may have put the master bud into the case and the phone switches to the slave bud to become the master bud.

Maybe your DAP has a lower bluetooth version so it doesn't work.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
It's normal. Most tws buds will ask you to pair the other side even though it's a master/slave connection. Some buds won't ask and only show one bud name in the phone bluetooth devices. The disconnect and connect is also normal for most tws buds, as you may have put the master bud into the case and the phone switches to the slave bud to become the master bud.

Maybe your DAP has a lower bluetooth version so it doesn't work.

icic... Yes you are right. The Awei T10C I have, it only detect as 1 device. Switching earbuds without disconnection.
Because I thought my cheapo Awei can work seamlessly, so a more atas Sabbat should work no less. A little disappointing for a more popular and slightly more ex set. Sian is my Awei T10C one earbud loses the charging plate, its literately useless (only can use one side).
I am left with Creative outlier one plus and Xmini liberty... :(
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Just got my hands on Lypertek Tevi. Quick thoughts...

Can definitely see why a lot of reviewers like it. Nice sound quality. Though i think for a lot of consumers the bass might not be enough? Also while I think the treble is quite nice for TWS, it might be a bit fatiguing for long term use. No major complaints about the mids for me.

Not a fan of the case though. It's pretty huge. :s13:
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,950
Reaction score
13,694
Just got my hands on Lypertek Tevi. Quick thoughts...

Can definitely see why a lot of reviewers like it. Nice sound quality. Though i think for a lot of consumers the bass might not be enough? Also while I think the treble is quite nice for TWS, it might be a bit fatiguing for long term use. No major complaints about the mids for me.

Not a fan of the case though. It's pretty huge. :s13:

Can try update the firmware. More bass with new firmware. :)

https://www.lypertek.com/app-beta

But note don't reset the buds after installing the new firmware. If reset, won't be able to connect.
 

ksksksks

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
3
It is louder than most earbuds out there and doesn’t distort =:p

Just got my hands on Lypertek Tevi. Quick thoughts...

Can definitely see why a lot of reviewers like it. Nice sound quality. Though i think for a lot of consumers the bass might not be enough? Also while I think the treble is quite nice for TWS, it might be a bit fatiguing for long term use. No major complaints about the mids for me.

Not a fan of the case though. It's pretty huge. :s13:
 

Jun Jun

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Messages
1,302
Reaction score
184
N6 Pro is much better than nt01ax. The sound is more balanced and has full controls on both buds.

Plus u get slightly better battery life and type c instead of micro usb. N6 more for bass, pro more for clarity.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top