After buying several brands the past 2 months, can safely and definitely want to recommend the following to anyone looking to own TWSes:
1) Edifier TWS1 Pro
- My favorite of all those I have bought to try. Sound is really fantastic. I'm unsure what the exact word is but the sound these buds produce are much "broader" than other brands, feels very high quality. I got the Pink one cos it's my favorite color and they're cute as hell. Fantastic, worth the money, truly value for money is what I'd think as I paid around $40-$45 for these via Lazada.
2) Sennheiser CX 350 BT
- Build quality is bit stupid and not balanced but can't fight the sound. Based on this, I'd say most of all Sennheiser's products should be equally good. Can't wait to have money and try their headsets and TWSes. The sound from Sennheiser is balanced and so they are very comfortable to listen to for long hours.
3) Baesus ENCOK WM01
- For $13-$18 these are best value for money. I owned the Teal one and just ordered the Purple last week for other devices. I was initially concerned because the beep sound when it's paired is concerning (sounds muddy/cheap), but when music/video plays the sound is crisp and extremely good especially concerning the price. I am most surprised they support AAC codec which some of the $100+ TWS don't even have.
4) Haylou GT6
- Half in-ear TWS ala AirPods. Despite that I find the bass very strong and the sound is loud. I don't have much complains about this and it honestly performs VERY WELL considering the $9.99 I paid on Haylou Shopee (they gave some random flash 50% off for GT6).
5) Haylou MoriPods
- Yeah I own the MoriPods too. While GT6 is more bass-heavy, MoriPods have a balanced and comfortable sound output for long hours (similar to Sennheiser). Between GT6 and MoriPods I can't choose a favorite, but MoriPods win me over because of the colorway (I have the Pink one <3)
6) QCY T13
- Standard affair and highly recommended by the usual Gamesky, SeanTalksTech for a reason. For the price, the sound output is more than decent and it does everything well enough. Too bad it doesn't have more codecs but I find a bit more value from Baesus and Haylou sadly. But still good. At least there's an app!
7) Edifier W820NB
- Another pair but these are headphones, that are highly recommended by Gamesky, Seantalkstech, etc. Superb value for money, for $50 or so you get ANC, Transparency/Ambient and Game mode and app support (something I wish TWS1 Pro had). Buy the grey like me cos it's the nicest looking but honestly no complains. I could spend $300 more for the Sony but uh the Edifier really, does, really really really well.
DO NOT RECOMMEND:
1) HappyPlugs
I took a weird plunge and got some of their neckband earphones. First pair had the rubber melt off due to old age. The replacement pair had advertised 5 hours but lasted 1 hour (meaning those are old pairs in warehouse and they're desperate to clear). Sound output is a huge "meh". I don't dare to shell out the money to get the Air 1 ANC but heard they're terrible. I'd be keen to buy the Air 1 Plus due to APTX support but will see.
2) Sudio
Just a bad experience buying the ETT because of slow shipping overall. I returned them before I even opened the thing. The ETT in particular is ANC and/but only supports SBC which baffles me. Glad I could return them.