Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2010
Messages
11,824
Reaction score
763
What are your needs and budget?

4 years plus... Wow! More than enough liao... afaik, most tws earbuds are rated to last 4-5 years max

What type of Non ANC earbuds are you considering?
What type of ANC earbuds are you considering?
Hi bro, nice to see you here.

Prefer ANC to cut out external noises, minimum 4-5 hours of battery life per charge, a bit of latency is fine as I am only using it outdoors, will switch to wired when at home. Budget around $50 or less. Currently rooking at Redmi, QCY, Heylou brand.

These 2 days is Amazon Prime day, see see rook rook got special deals if not will buy from Shopee/Lazada as usual.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi bro, nice to see you here.

Prefer ANC to cut out external noises, minimum 4-5 hours of battery life per charge, a bit of latency is fine as I am only using it outdoors, will switch to wired when at home. Budget around $50 or less. Currently rooking at Redmi, QCY, Heylou brand.

These 2 days is Amazon Prime day, see see rook rook got special deals if not will buy from Shopee/Lazada as usual.

ANC earbuds for Redmi will be Buds 4 and Buds 4 Active... you can just go down to Xiaomi store @ Suntec to test no need to buy through Lazada or shopee



And Something new for Xiaomi and Redmi earbuds users... the XIAOMI EARBUDS APP* IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR IOS USERS!!!!!! ^.^ REJOICE!!!
*Take note that the XIAOMI Earbuds app can only pair with the International Variant. If any of you bought the "China-only variant".. The App will not recognise.

ANC earbuds QCY will be HT05 Melobuds... for their new HT07 Arcbuds, I still waiting for QCY to deliver from China to my doorstep


ANC earbuds for Baseus will be WM05
 
Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
personally I think Sony Battery QC for their wireless earphones and headphones have been going down hill after their XM3s.

iirc WF-1000xm3 and WH-1000xm3 don't have any battery issues only until say 3yrs later. I own WH-1000XM3 and the battery is absolutely fine even after 3.5 yrs. Though right now... it's nowhere near 30 hours. but I am sure its still around 20 hours
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
personally I think Sony Battery QC for their wireless earphones and headphones have been going down hill after their XM3s.

iirc WF-1000xm3 and WH-1000xm3 don't have any battery issues only until say 3yrs later. I own WH-1000XM3 and the battery is absolutely fine even after 3.5 yrs. Though right now... it's nowhere near 30 hours. but I am sure its still around 20 hours
any earbud to recommend.. around $100 +/- , need to have IPX due to jogging usage. tks
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,899
Hi bro, nice to see you here.

Prefer ANC to cut out external noises, minimum 4-5 hours of battery life per charge, a bit of latency is fine as I am only using it outdoors, will switch to wired when at home. Budget around $50 or less. Currently rooking at Redmi, QCY, Heylou brand.

These 2 days is Amazon Prime day, see see rook rook got special deals if not will buy from Shopee/Lazada as usual.
anc around $50, can consider redmi buds 3 pro, currently on promo $49, usually $89
https://shp.ee/xhht72e
1 side benefit, has multipoint, e.g. can watch YouTube video on laptop using TWS, then phone call comes in, can take call with same TWS
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Sony ear buds always had battery issues for the last 2 pairs from my experience. No more from them for me.
The battery drain issue with my Sony wf-1000xm4 is bad enough considering it was brand new but the Sony Repair support is the final nail in the coffin. They refuse to repair my set cuz it was a Malaysia set.

The staff here in Singapore tell me to go Malaysia to repair... WTH
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
The battery drain issue with my Sony wf-1000xm4 is bad enough considering it was brand new but the Sony Repair support is the final nail in the coffin. They refuse to repair my set cuz it was a Malaysia set.
The staff here in Singapore tell me to go Malaysia to repair... WTH

Not international warranty?!
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Finally iPhone users who want to use Xiaomi & Redmi wireless earbuds can REJOICE!!!!

 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Not international warranty?!
the warranty was apparently under Malaysia region and I need to be issued a Sony "Tourist Limited Warranty" or TLW for my overseas purchases (meaning to say, product purchased in Country A and will be used in Country B)

But I was like "HUH..... I bought this from your Sony Singapore store"
And how the heck I will know my Set is from which country ah....

Anyway... I asked the Sony Staffs....
"I am a genuine Sony customer. My product is real even though your system say that my wf-1000XM4 is from Malaysia and not from Singapore. but that's not the point.
The main point is now it has a huge Battery Drain problem. I want to send it in to Sony Singapore for repair and I am very willing to pay for the repairs.
Can or cannot?"

The staff say cannot... I was fuming, pissed, and just stormed off.

A couple of days later... the new firmware update magically "cured" the issue but not 100% lah... nowadays the battery still a bit siao siao

Anyway... this incident gave me a very bad impression of Sony, especially their after-sales service and support
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
the warranty was apparently under Malaysia region and I need to be issued a Sony "Tourist Limited Warranty" or TLW for my overseas purchases (meaning to say, product purchased in Country A and will be used in Country B)

But I was like "HUH..... I bought this from your Sony Singapore store"
And how the heck I will know my Set is from which country ah....

Anyway... I asked the Sony Staffs....
"I am a genuine Sony customer. My product is real even though your system say that my wf-1000XM4 is from Malaysia and not from Singapore. but that's not the point.
The main point is now it has a huge Battery Drain problem. I want to send it in to Sony Singapore for repair and I am very willing to pay for the repairs.
Can or cannot?"

The staff say cannot... I was fuming, pissed, and just stormed off.

A couple of days later... the new firmware update magically "cured" the issue but not 100% lah... nowadays the battery still a bit siao siao

Anyway... this incident gave me a very bad impression of Sony, especially their after-sales service and support
Wtf really weird. Bought in sg but not covered in sg.....want to pay for repairs despite under warranty also rejected....

Din know Sony Cs is so bad now. The last time I had a Sony product was their Xperia phone. Svc was gd at their 313 svc ctr. Was there to fix broken screen but they fixed the broken back glass panel as well when I din even flag thst out
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Afaik most iphone/mac users will stick with airpods....
seems like I am not one of them XD
I feel the multi-point connection and switching is not as smooth as Sony WF-1000xm4 and Baseus WM05

hopefully the upcoming updates will improve this area
 

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
3,887
Reaction score
105
i read on reddit sennheiser earbuds a lot of issues? always 1 side die very early, within half a year ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top