Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,909
Reaction score
940
I can only imagine that if their pricing is substantially higher than internet prices, i-gents in Singapore will flock to the outlet to try only to go back home and click online...:D

Was there any doubt :s13:
 

SquallLH

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2001
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
609
Btw, I'm curious which bespoke shoe makes bespeak for less than 3k.

Yohei Fukada does it for 600k yen, Spigola does it for 440,000 yen.

Hiro Yanagimachi is 350 - 400k yen.

Sorry, missed this post.

Marquess with Shoji Kawaguchi
Bespoke Priced from ¥339,000

Masaru Okuyama-san
Bespoke from ¥315,000 (no trees)

Emori Custom Shoemaker, Tokyo http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/EMORI.html
Bespoke from ¥150,00 >> http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/Works_1.html

I take the more expensive one from Shoji Kawaguchi.
JPY339,000 divided by 91 (exchange rate assuming 10.95 to 1k Yen) = SGD3725.27
6.8K - 3.7K++ = 3K left for air tickets and other shopping?

Anyone interested in Japanese Bespoke shoes. This thread in SF is your friend http://www.styleforum.net/t/343005/japanese-shoes-bespoke-rtw-super-thread/
 
Last edited:

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,909
Reaction score
940
Sorry, missed this post.

Marquess with Shoji Kawaguchi
Bespoke Priced from ¥339,000

Masaru Okuyama-san
Bespoke from ¥315,000 (no trees)

Emori Custom Shoemaker, Tokyo http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/EMORI.html
Bespoke from ¥150,00 >> http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/Works_1.html

I take the more expensive one from Shoji Kawaguchi.
JPY339,000 divided by 91 (exchange rate assuming 10.95 to 1k Yen) = SGD3725.27
6.8K - 3.7K++ = 3K left for air tickets and other shopping?

Anyone interested in Japanese Bespoke shoes. This thread in SF is your friend http://www.styleforum.net/t/343005/japanese-shoes-bespoke-rtw-super-thread/
The lasts from Emori isn't nice.

If I'm going to buy foreign, it must be better than what I can get locally. Unfortunately it is not.

Furthermore, I would have to fly off to Japan at least twice. Once for fitting and once for collection. Assuming nothing goes wrong. I'm not sure that the costs savings justify the time spent.
 

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,909
Reaction score
940
Please do tell, I am going to Japan soon!

Yohei Fukuda doesn't open on Sundays, so avoid that.

If you are going Tokyo, you can look him up. Address on his website, you can email him as well. His written english is impeccable.

Spigola is located in Osaka. Don't know much about that one, I've spoke to Koji when he came down for his trunk show. Not too fussed about this one since he charges the same amount as what he does in his own country for bespoke. The difference is he doesn't bring down all his leather and there's only bespoke option. His MTO is affordable according to a very reliable source.
 

starsandstripes

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
856
Reaction score
0
I can only imagine that if their pricing is substantially higher than internet prices, i-gents in Singapore will flock to the outlet to try only to go back home and click online...:D

Carmina is opening a branch in Singapore and not a franchise - listed on the main site as a Singapore branch. So hopefully its priced very similarly.

They've also recently raised online prices in order to match up with the prices at their stores (might also be due to the weakening euro)
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
782
Carmina is opening a branch in Singapore and not a franchise - listed on the main site as a Singapore branch. So hopefully its priced very similarly.

They've also recently raised online prices in order to match up with the prices at their stores (might also be due to the weakening euro)

There's a Singaporean partner firm involved though if I recall one of the gents who interned at Cheaney here saying.

Fingers crossed with regards to the pricing but well I wouldnt mind been pleasantly surprised :D
 

SquallLH

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2001
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
609
The lasts from Emori isn't nice.

If I'm going to buy foreign, it must be better than what I can get locally. Unfortunately it is not.

Furthermore, I would have to fly off to Japan at least twice. Once for fitting and once for collection. Assuming nothing goes wrong. I'm not sure that the costs savings justify the time spent.

Well... last preference is a personal thing and I'm just stating that it's possible to get decent bespoke options at a lesser price in Japan.

Like the other maker, TYE (starts at 300K; http://www.tyeshoemaker.com), below are a couple pairs of the trial shoes he made for his customer.

947716


If St Crispins still feels like the more worthy option then more power to you for being in their target market segment, I hope I'll be able to reach where you are now in the future :)
 

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
82,753
Reaction score
10,112
Sorry, missed this post.

Marquess with Shoji Kawaguchi
Bespoke Priced from ¥339,000

Masaru Okuyama-san
Bespoke from ¥315,000 (no trees)

Emori Custom Shoemaker, Tokyo http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/EMORI.html
Bespoke from ¥150,00 >> http://shoemaker-emori.com/emori/Works_1.html

I take the more expensive one from Shoji Kawaguchi.
JPY339,000 divided by 91 (exchange rate assuming 10.95 to 1k Yen) = SGD3725.27
6.8K - 3.7K++ = 3K left for air tickets and other shopping?

Anyone interested in Japanese Bespoke shoes. This thread in SF is your friend http://www.styleforum.net/t/343005/japanese-shoes-bespoke-rtw-super-thread/

the price is like... buying a full frame camera vs crop camera :eek:

totally out of my league. =:p
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Hello guys, so recently I've purchased a pair of shoes but sadly it's too tight and feels like the size isn't right.


Meermin Black Calf Oxford UK8 -
Condition 10/10
Brand new/unworn
Comes w/ original Meermin Shoe box & bag

WWW_2033_134.png


Am hoping to sell it off @ SGD$250 / Trade with same pair @ UK9/UK9.5

If interested, please PM me! Thank you guys!
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Hello guys, so recently I've purchased a pair of shoes but sadly it's too tight and feels like the size isn't right.


Meermin Black Calf Oxford UK8 -
Condition 10/10
Brand new/unworn
Comes w/ original Meermin Shoe box & bag

WWW_2033_134.png


Am hoping to sell it off @ SGD$250 / Trade with same pair @ UK9/UK9.5

If interested, please PM me! Thank you guys!

Suspect it may be due to a lack of appreciation of importance of the shoe last to overall fit. Do u know what last your shoes are on and what's your feet width?
 

KTVFanatic

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
1,696
Reaction score
0
Recommend cobbler

Looking to topy my new loake aldwych.

Just to check out if anyone tried topying at Sho Kii Junction at Causeway Point?
How is the workmanship as I couldnt find any review anywhere.

TIA!!
 

rainbowcsl

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2008
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Have been reading up some stuff about shoes and tailored shirts and would need some advice here for shoes.

I am looking at shoes that can really give me comfort for my sole because I have Plantar fasciitis. In addition I am looking at some custom shoes that can also some height increase as I am a short guy.

I have been wearing shoes with mid sole technology which give me some height increase and yet gentle to my knees as compared to the usual elevated shoes. However, their designs are not too varied, thus I am looking at other brands now.

I maybe popping by Diamond Walker and Edetal to see if they can accommodate my request. Does anyone of u know whether they can custom make shoes to suit my needs or is there any other brands I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!!
 

MrPringles

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Have been reading up some stuff about shoes and tailored shirts and would need some advice here for shoes.

I am looking at shoes that can really give me comfort for my sole because I have Plantar fasciitis. In addition I am looking at some custom shoes that can also some height increase as I am a short guy.

I have been wearing shoes with mid sole technology which give me some height increase and yet gentle to my knees as compared to the usual elevated shoes. However, their designs are not too varied, thus I am looking at other brands now.

I maybe popping by Diamond Walker and Edetal to see if they can accommodate my request. Does anyone of u know whether they can custom make shoes to suit my needs or is there any other brands I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!!

lol. do you think the people here in this forum are podiatrist?
 

iamxinw

Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2015
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
There is so much information to absorb. after reading like past month worth of threads. have hoot one from edetal today with the GSS sales on going.

so much things to learn here, thanks for the consolidation of info.

Happy weekends :)
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Have been reading up some stuff about shoes and tailored shirts and would need some advice here for shoes.

I am looking at shoes that can really give me comfort for my sole because I have Plantar fasciitis. In addition I am looking at some custom shoes that can also some height increase as I am a short guy.

I have been wearing shoes with mid sole technology which give me some height increase and yet gentle to my knees as compared to the usual elevated shoes. However, their designs are not too varied, thus I am looking at other brands now.

I maybe popping by Diamond Walker and Edetal to see if they can accommodate my request. Does anyone of u know whether they can custom make shoes to suit my needs or is there any other brands I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!!

Most shoe maker not great at making soles. U better off looking for shoe maker who can design around some good insole. Many insole don't last you will be changing out every year if u looking for arch supports.
I used super feet grey first wear in 3 mth great, now lossing support.
Gel type usually don't last that long too.

Height an increase in 1-2cm not big deal imho. 5-10cm is game changing imho.

Cork can only do so much and wouldn't give u what u need
http://www.bestinsoles.com/plantar-fasciitis-insoles-and-treatments.html
 
Last edited:

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,909
Reaction score
940
Hi,
I am new to this forum. Have been reading up some stuff about shoes and tailored shirts and would need some advice here for shoes.

I am looking at shoes that can really give me comfort for my sole because I have Plantar fasciitis. In addition I am looking at some custom shoes that can also some height increase as I am a short guy.

I have been wearing shoes with mid sole technology which give me some height increase and yet gentle to my knees as compared to the usual elevated shoes. However, their designs are not too varied, thus I am looking at other brands now.

I maybe popping by Diamond Walker and Edetal to see if they can accommodate my request. Does anyone of u know whether they can custom make shoes to suit my needs or is there any other brands I should consider?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edetal should be able to, but you need to be able to be very specific about your requirements.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top