Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
15% off with code loafers in official Carmina website. Only applies to loafers, and selected models.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
You mean you have an order on the way? If you can still change the size, you're welcome to try out my pair.

Even better if you're interested to buy it from me... :s13:

Ya, got one order on the way. The rapello suede string loafer in Ron.
 

alvinquah

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
673
Reaction score
0
Just completed my latest patina...grey with mottling effect.

IMG_8027.jpg


IMG_8732.jpg


IMG_8734.jpg


IMG_87332.jpg


IMG_8741.jpg
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Just a quick question regarding Loake last sizing.

Currently I am wearing Capital last UK 8, if I would get a pair of boots in Pennine last based on the description I should be getting UK 7.5.

Any advice on this?

Thanks! :D
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Just a quick question regarding Loake last sizing.

Currently I am wearing Capital last UK 8, if I would get a pair of boots in Pennine last based on the description I should be getting UK 7.5.

Any advice on this?

Thanks! :D

Why are you sizing down?

I find that for boots, the fit is fine even if you take 1/2 size too big because of the shoe laces will still hold your boot to your foot.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Why are you sizing down?

I find that for boots, the fit is fine even if you take 1/2 size too big because of the shoe laces will still hold your boot to your foot.

Cause I read the different last mentioning capital is standard last in F width. Whereas Pennine last is country style in G width which they highly suggest you get half size down. So now a bit dilemma haha.

By the way I have great fit in capital last UK8.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I think after a couple of mistakes with sizing. When in doubt, go a half size up....
You can at least wear your shoes if they are a bit big. You cannot wear your shoes if they are a little small.
 

porphyrio

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Just a quick question regarding Loake last sizing.

Currently I am wearing Capital last UK 8, if I would get a pair of boots in Pennine last based on the description I should be getting UK 7.5.

Any advice on this?

Thanks! :D

I usually take UK 7.5 and have a wider (but not quite G-width) foot, but the Pennine in UK 7 was still so generous I had to wear thick "mountain" socks.

Are you looking at the Bedale? What about the Burford?
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
I think after a couple of mistakes with sizing. When in doubt, go a half size up....
You can at least wear your shoes if they are a bit big. You cannot wear your shoes if they are a little small.

That's the same train of thought I have in mind also. But the dilemma is I heard it's really generous fitting for Pennine last.

And when wearing my Capital last shoes with good fit, I'm already wearing thick darn tough socks haha!

So it's going go be hard if the boots is too big, with only option of inserting insole which I would like to avoid.
 

porphyrio

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Yes I'm looking at the Bedale!

Seems like you are in about the same situation.

The Bedale is nice, liked them a lot but sold because I didn't want to keep wearing the mountain socks. If you google "Loake Bedale review" you can see some pictures I took (can't post a link yet).

It's not just wide, but high-volume. Because I have a low-ish instep the facings came quite close together.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
That's the same train of thought I have in mind also. But the dilemma is I heard it's really generous fitting for Pennine last.

And when wearing my Capital last shoes with good fit, I'm already wearing thick darn tough socks haha!

So it's going go be hard if the boots is too big, with only option of inserting insole which I would like to avoid.

I can understand your dilemma. I have fitted shoes in person (by expert), bought it and walked away in it feeling good. Next time, i wore the same shoes, blister like hell.

I also have shoes which fit better at night which i cannot wear in the morning (too damn tight).

You have to understand your feet, I guess.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
The Bedale is nice, liked them a lot but sold because I didn't want to keep wearing the mountain socks. If you google "Loake Bedale review" you can see some pictures I took (can't post a link yet).

It's not just wide, but high-volume. Because I have a low-ish instep the facings came quite close together.

That sounds great to me.
I'm not sure I'm high or normal instep, but the wolverine 1000 mile seems normal or low volume which is a bit of uncomfortable for me (in compared to Red Wing 875).

Looking to sell my Wolverine and get the Loake Bedale instead.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
I can understand your dilemma. I have fitted shoes in person (by expert), bought it and walked away in it feeling good. Next time, i wore the same shoes, blister like hell.

I also have shoes which fit better at night which i cannot wear in the morning (too damn tight).

You have to understand your feet, I guess.

Definitely knowing where you coming from, and of course lots of trial and error too...lol!

Currently my Red Wing 875 best comfortable fitting boots I have now haha!
 

cokiee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
0
I can understand your dilemma. I have fitted shoes in person (by expert), bought it and walked away in it feeling good. Next time, i wore the same shoes, blister like hell.

I also have shoes which fit better at night which i cannot wear in the morning (too damn tight).

You have to understand your feet, I guess.

Hmm that's odd, always thought your feet were bigger in the evenings!

Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
That sounds great to me.
I'm not sure I'm high or normal instep, but the wolverine 1000 mile seems normal or low volume which is a bit of uncomfortable for me (in compared to Red Wing 875).

Looking to sell my Wolverine and get the Loake Bedale instead.

U seem to favour boots a lot in your wardrobe! Can kawan with LHB, although I think he goes more for dress boots hehe
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
U seem to favour boots a lot in your wardrobe! Can kawan with LHB, although I think he goes more for dress boots hehe

Yeah I prefer boots more!
But actually at the moment, I have 2 pairs of dress shoes and 2 pairs of boots.

Loake Strand
Loake Cannon
Red Wing 875
Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial (looking to sell this one as the fit is not good)

Not sure anyone will be interested to get that off from me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top