Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblueark

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,190
Reaction score
1
Think it's a good concept but cannot convince myself to try it out. To date I've only seen someone actually wearing these in the flesh; an AMDK in raffles place. The next time I see one again, perhaps it's you!
Haha, maybe so since nobody interested so far.

Same, it's too "mafan." Just bring out the old busted shoes when raining heavily.

If you take proper care of your shoes I don't see why we would need that in Singapore.
When I used to have a car it would be fine I guess. Now I have to take a 5min walk from the bus stop home with no shelter. If it's raining heavily and the ground is flooded, I have to either wait it out or take off my shoes and walk home barefooted :s13:
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I have a pair of beaten up black calf leather shoes (with leather soles, no topy at all) which i use on heavy rain days. I also wear my other leather soles on rainy days as well.
If it does not flood, i think most QYW shoes should be fine as long as you air them / rotate them after getting them wet.
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
No lobang to share.. But meermin has tons of GMTOs going on now.. Only for those who are into meermin.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
No lobang to share.. But meermin has tons of GMTOs going on now.. Only for those who are into meermin.

Speaking of Meermin, look what came through my doors today.....

20160721_125732_zpsz8sitywz.jpg


This leather is considerably less stiff as compared to their usual range. This is the aubergine vintage that's on re-run now.

For the price, nothing to complain about. Hopefully it'll wear in nicely.

Btw, I'm planning to let go a Ron last dark brown museum last penny loafers from Meermin. Vibram slapped on. Size 6.5. Very well taken care of and a beautiful shoe if you ask me. Just that the last is too uncomfortable for me to wear. Gimme a ping if anyone is keen.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Speaking of Meermin, look what came through my doors today.....

20160721_125732_zpsz8sitywz.jpg


This leather is considerably less stiff as compared to their usual range. This is the aubergine vintage that's on re-run now.

For the price, nothing to complain about. Hopefully it'll wear in nicely.

Btw, I'm planning to let go a Ron last dark brown museum last penny loafers from Meermin. Vibram slapped on. Size 6.5. Very well taken care of and a beautiful shoe if you ask me. Just that the last is too uncomfortable for me to wear. Gimme a ping if anyone is keen.

Colour looks really good and versatile to go with dark denim or tailored trousers. Which last is it on?

Not quite liking the strap (feels too 'straight' and short) though, IMHO
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Haha, maybe so since nobody interested so far.




When I used to have a car it would be fine I guess. Now I have to take a 5min walk from the bus stop home with no shelter. If it's raining heavily and the ground is flooded, I have to either wait it out or take off my shoes and walk home barefooted :s13:

Sounds like you stay in a landed property estate.. heh

I guess that's a legit reason to get the overshoes although if the purpose is mainly limited to going back home (rather than leaving home and going out, or making your way into the office), I would opt to carry a pair of flip flops with me in lieu of overshoes. Not much difference in terms of bulk, but the price differential can go to a good few years (or months) worth of shoe care, depending on how large your collection and how diligent you are.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Colour looks really good and versatile to go with dark denim or tailored trousers. Which last is it on?

Not quite liking the strap (feels too 'straight' and short) though, IMHO

Yeah, the actual colour is darker compared to what's on the website(as usual). This one is on the Elton last which to me is a better fit for me compared to the Ron last. Getting the sizing right is a bit tricky.

The instep is not very high on this pair, maybe that's why the strap looks straight.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
Speaking of Meermin, look what came through my doors today.....

20160721_125732_zpsz8sitywz.jpg


This leather is considerably less stiff as compared to their usual range. This is the aubergine vintage that's on re-run now.

For the price, nothing to complain about. Hopefully it'll wear in nicely.

Btw, I'm planning to let go a Ron last dark brown museum last penny loafers from Meermin. Vibram slapped on. Size 6.5. Very well taken care of and a beautiful shoe if you ask me. Just that the last is too uncomfortable for me to wear. Gimme a ping if anyone is keen.

Nice. What size did you take for Elton last?
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Nice. What size did you take for Elton last?

For this pair I took 6.5UK. I have a pair of double monks in 7UK on the same last and that is about 0.5 bigger than what would be idea so I tried my luck on this one.
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
For this pair I took 6.5UK. I have a pair of double monks in 7UK on the same last and that is about 0.5 bigger than what would be idea so I tried my luck on this one.

Thanks! We probably the same feet size then.
Now I'm worried about the Ron. Cos I also got a pair of loafer in Ron, 6.5 UK. lol.
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
Thanks! We probably the same feet size then.
Now I'm worried about the Ron. Cos I also got a pair of loafer in Ron, 6.5 UK. lol.

You mean you have an order on the way? If you can still change the size, you're welcome to try out my pair.

Even better if you're interested to buy it from me... :s13:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top