Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread for months and waited to experience what is the hoohaa is about for leather shoes GYW etc etc

Had been wearing Clarks, Rockport and their prices are increasing steadyly with no improvement in quality.

Took a leap and landed into LLYR today, tried a pair and wow this is what a leather shoe feels like! Oozing with quality! Swiped and one in the bag.! George black

Now the question is should I topy it? I work in an office environment so occasional walking but it does feel kind of slippery when I was trying it in the shop. Any help will be appreciated
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread for months and waited to experience what is the hoohaa is about for leather shoes GYW etc etc

Had been wearing Clarks, Rockport and their prices are increasing steadyly with no improvement in quality.

Took a leap and landed into LLYR today, tried a pair and wow this is what a leather shoe feels like! Oozing with quality! Swiped and one in the bag.! George black

Now the question is should I topy it? I work in an office environment so occasional walking but it does feel kind of slippery when I was trying it in the shop. Any help will be appreciated

There are 2 camps with opposing views here. If you have one pair of dress shoes, i suggest you topy it.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Hi Guys, I have been following this thread for months and waited to experience what is the hoohaa is about for leather shoes GYW etc etc

Had been wearing Clarks, Rockport and their prices are increasing steadyly with no improvement in quality.

Took a leap and landed into LLYR today, tried a pair and wow this is what a leather shoe feels like! Oozing with quality! Swiped and one in the bag.! George black

Now the question is should I topy it? I work in an office environment so occasional walking but it does feel kind of slippery when I was trying it in the shop. Any help will be appreciated
If you don't topy it is more "authentic" but for beater shoes preferably topy.

Leather doesn't fare well if walking in rain etc. If you drive this isn't an issue but if you take public transport your soles will get beat up a lot more.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys, let me try wearing the authentic way. Life is about experience, don't try don't know :)
 

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
How bad is the scratch? Usually a gd polish with wax and/or cream would cover up most of the scratches.

A pic of the scratch would be helpful.


Hi
24xgbo5.jpg

There we go. Thanks a lot for your help.
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Hi
24xgbo5.jpg

There we go. Thanks a lot for your help.

Ouch. That hurts. I would suggest applying a coat of the Saphir renovateur, followed by a few applications, with either dark brown or black Creme, in intervals of perhaps at least 5 minutes to let the Creme eat in. Thereafter just do a few layers of wax polish and shine them up.

This will not remove the scratch, but it will make them less obvious. Might as well try to Patina your shoes at the same time too.
 
Joined
May 31, 2016
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Hi
24xgbo5.jpg

There we go. Thanks a lot for your help.

Just head to any of the recommended cobblers here such as Kips & Kwik, Solemann or any usual suspects, Master Fix, Mister Minit to let them sort it out for ya if you ain't comfortable buying all the necessary creams and polish.

May I ask if you use shoe trees on your Yankos?
I don't own any Yankos but I don't believe the flex point should crease this much and be this dry.
Unless you don't cream your shoe up much.
But hey.. Shoe trees mate.
 

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I plan to buy all the stuff needed to maintain a shoe but didnt really know what to get. I do use shoe trees for my shoes. Haha, the number of times i have worn this pair is single digit and within 2 months only. But yea, never did any maintenance to it before. This is my learning pair before I start wearing my carminas. So, i should be going out to get saphir renovateur, dark brown creme and a brush? Anything else i should get otw? Thanks alot.
 

Daniel.Y

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I plan to buy all the stuff needed to maintain a shoe but didnt really know what to get. I do use shoe trees for my shoes. Haha, the number of times i have worn this pair is single digit and within 2 months only. But yea, never did any maintenance to it before. This is my learning pair before I start wearing my carminas. So, i should be going out to get saphir renovateur, dark brown creme and a brush? Anything else i should get otw? Thanks alot.

Don't forget to include your wax polishes.. The neutral one works well for most shades of brown actually.
If your Budget allows.. You might want to include that fancy droplet water dispenser, Saphir polishing cotton stripes, cedar valet shoe box, abbeyhorn shoehorns . You will do just fine without all these too. Just saying.
 

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
Don't forget to include your wax polishes.. The neutral one works well for most shades of brown actually.
If your Budget allows.. You might want to include that fancy droplet water dispenser, Saphir polishing cotton stripes, cedar valet shoe box, abbeyhorn shoehorns . You will do just fine without all these too. Just saying.

Where is a one stop place to get all these? online is fine too
 

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2010
Messages
12,141
Reaction score
121
Is there any online website which has a good saphir range which ships to sg. Went down to the shops just now very limited. And any brands of brushes to recommend. Thanks.
 
Last edited:

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Have been walking around with George, so tempted to get a pair of loafers as well..

The feeling is kind of strange, the stiffness felt like wearing those matching shoes back in the uniform days many many moons ago. However it is comfortable and provides an air of quality which does not felt like it will be give way anytime soon.

For me the closest pair in term of quality was a pair of geox from years ago which was replaced by George.

Is this the experience for you guys as well? Or more surpises on the way?
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Have been walking around with George, so tempted to get a pair of loafers as well..

The feeling is kind of strange, the stiffness felt like wearing those matching shoes back in the uniform days many many moons ago. However it is comfortable and provides an air of quality which does not felt like it will be give way anytime soon.

For me the closest pair in term of quality was a pair of geox from years ago which was replaced by George.

Is this the experience for you guys as well? Or more surpises on the way?

Fascinating post. Who is this George?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top