Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderlust

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
11745955_588794101262391_3077244437116828057_n.jpg


Last pair of shoes for this year. One pair per year, each day put $1 in piggy bank.

Very nice pair of loafers. And tks for the info on Carmina shoe creams.
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?

Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
1436861497.jpg
 
Last edited:

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?

Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
1436861497.jpg

Mid brown saphir. Magahony is brown with a very distinct reddish tinge
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Mid brown saphir. Magahony is brown with a very distinct reddish tinge

But on C&J's website, it stated that this is the Magahony colour..
So is mid-brown saphir a shade lighter or darker or matches the exact colour tone? What colour should i use/mix with if I want to create a darker tone? hahaha sorry for asking so many questions!
 
Last edited:

Wanderlust

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?

Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
1436861497.jpg

I second mid brown Saphir
 

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Hello guys, could you guys advice me what colour of cream/wax should I use for this pair? (Some suggest using a lighter shade or darker shade or even black?)
And, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair of shoes?

Colour is Mahogany/tan/brown? I'm not really sure also LOL
1436861497.jpg

For wax/cream, I would suggest getting the best possible similar colour for your shoes so as to achieve uniform consistency intended for your office formal wear. In this case, mid brown saphir will be preferred, as stated by others too.

But if one intends to be adventurous and decides to experiment, I wouldn't hesitate to propose utilising wax/creams with a slightly lighter/darker (depending on one's taste/preferences) colour to create a desirable hue.
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,757
Reaction score
28,176
Today ST Life reported few shoes lovers, anyone of them on this forum?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,776
Reaction score
799
But on C&J's website, it stated that this is the Magahony colour..
So is mid-brown saphir a shade lighter or darker or matches the exact colour tone? What colour should i use/mix with if I want to create a darker tone? hahaha sorry for asking so many questions!

Mahagony has many tones but its distinction from other Browns is in its red tinge. Guess cj's one leans more towards the honey brown toning cause try as I have, I still can't spot the red in ur pair lol

Kirby has a colour swatch of saphir colours u can compare. Saphir mahagony is really red (I use it + black to polish oxblood). Tabac and D.brown is too dark. Hence safest bet is Mid Brown

Or u can just buy the House's own polish. I'm doing the same for my Carmina's Burgundy as their tone seems to lean towards red then Saphir's purple.

Dark shoes polish light. Light shoes polish dark lol
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Thank you guys for the kind advise! One more question though, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair? Eg. Brown and Black
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Thank you guys for the kind advise! One more question though, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair? Eg. Brown and Black

Not sure i understand what you are asking. Use the cream/wax based on the shades of the brown your shoe is in, unless you are adventurous.

There is only one shade of black.
 

Wanderlust

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
296
Reaction score
2
Thank you guys for the kind advise! One more question though, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair? Eg. Brown and Black

If u want to maintain the original color of your pair, go for the closest color match for both cream & wax, unless you are ready to see change of original colors, you can try different colors or shades.

Even brown, if u use different shades of brown will have diff effects.
 
Last edited:

PetiaC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
0
Any idea if wax/creams from TheShoeSnob is of good quality?

A fellow shoe shine enthusiast / igent told me is Justin's own custom order from Avenir factory or somewhere in France. He found Justin's products quite easy to achieve a nice shine.
 

PetiaC

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
0
Thank you guys for the kind advise! One more question though, do I have to use the same colour of cream & wax for each different colour pair? Eg. Brown and Black

I use reno/neutral cream followed by a coloured wax to streamline my inventory. I do have color cream but the use is situational.

Some ppl use color cream with neutral wax but have to be careful with such application.
 

Edwardtzy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
What do you guys think of these 2? Mind giving any shares of their opinion?

Meermin - CHESTNUT ANTIQUE CALF (OLFE LAST)
WWW_4609_641.png


C&J - ARDEN (341 LAST)
1436861497.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top