
I would go for one pair of shoes at $3000 budget.
You can really see the difference.
Hey TM, the question was premised on a collection from scratch.
I am sure that a $3000 pair will be an eye opener, the level and number of fine details that a shoe at that price could present, but would probably go for a min of 3 pairs for decent rotation.
Currently I have just below 20 pairs but find myself wearing the same 5-6 pairs 90% of the time.
So if I were to re-set, I think about 5-7 pairs probably works best for me, averaging 1 wear a week on weekdays. And then work out the budget based on these numbers.
I would go for one pair of shoes at $3000 budget.
You can really see the difference.

Hey TM, the question was premised on a collection from scratch.
I am sure that a $3000 pair will be an eye opener, the level and number of fine details that a shoe at that price could present, but would probably go for a min of 3 pairs for decent rotation.
Currently I have just below 20 pairs but find myself wearing the same 5-6 pairs 90% of the time.
So if I were to re-set, I think about 5-7 pairs probably works best for me, averaging 1 wear a week on weekdays. And then work out the budget based on these numbers.
20 pairs is quite a collection
I think 10 is "optimum" so i do not get into too much trouble![]()
That's what I said to myself too. But it's very hard to stay at 10 with so much poison around lol
he wouldn't have anything else for comparison to see that difference![]()
Hi formal shoe sexperts, what would you suggest if i only have a $300 budget?
I like slip ons - previously was wearing a rockport that lasted me 3 years.
Hi formal shoe sexperts, what would you suggest if i only have a $300 budget?
I like slip ons - previously was wearing a rockport that lasted me 3 years.
You can ask for LOAFERS at local makes like LLYR/Ed Et Al, retail shops like Seamless Bespoke/Carmina or go to departmental stores to ask for Blake Stitched/Goodyear welted shoes (those with leather soles are a good indication)
You may also consider MONK STRAPS, they can be 'slipped on' as well.
Try to avoid cemented shoes (glued on soles) at that price point because you'll likely be paying a premium for the branding and not build quality. I'll recommend adding a front rubber half sole (topy your shoes) if you're getting a pair of leather soled shoes for daily frequent wear
I'm probably one of the resident budget buyer.
You can look for Loake 1880 or Barker Creative series / tier during sales over at Robinson's Shoes. Will be within your budget of $300 or top up a bit.
Sent from Workday using GAGT
Thanks! I went online to browse and found these to my liking:
Carmina and Loake seems out of my budget - >$500
My budget is $800 per pair, office dress shoe , preferably some made to order kind, what is recommendation ?
$800 will cover a wide range of brands including some hand welt stuff. What is your definition of MTO?
Try looking at Antonio Meccariello, Enzo Bonafé, Vass, Corno Blu, Carmina, Yanko, Carlos Santos etc depending on your likes you can even go to the local makers and customised anything you want
I have tried DW and et al, now looking for better similar options
Any recommendations for no show socks for loafers? I have tried various including Uniqlo and they tend to slip...