Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Hi, no experience with CS and Barker but

if you are looking for black whole cuts have a look at Yanko from SB https://www.instagram.com/p/BerjltzhCjg/

or up the game and get AM from https://www.yeossal.com/collections...is-wholecut-in-nuvolato?variant=1363583467545

if not in a hurry can try waiting for sales, usually happens during Black Friday to CNY.

AM definitely much better, I really like it even TM knows lol! (But off my budget by a lot). But yeah remember AM locally had a sale few months back quite power.

How much is Yanko? Not sure how it compared to the 2 I mentioned though in quality.

Thanks for the information though!
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
I think Yanko sits in the same range as CS, not sure about Barker. The thing which I cares about is the ability to try them :)

AM definitely much better, I really like it even TM knows lol! (But off my budget by a lot). But yeah remember AM locally had a sale few months back quite power.

How much is Yanko? Not sure how it compared to the 2 I mentioned though in quality.

Thanks for the information though!
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
AM definitely much better, I really like it even TM knows lol! (But off my budget by a lot). But yeah remember AM locally had a sale few months back quite power.

How much is Yanko? Not sure how it compared to the 2 I mentioned though in quality.

Thanks for the information though!

I've got both CS and Yanko and both are comparable in quality. I think more importantly is how each would fit for you. Any last you looking in particular?

Like Wiz said, Seamless Bespoke carries Yanko so you can try. The Quarters is carrying CS if I'm not wrong so you may wanna check with them if they have any in stock.

FWIW, I am a UK6.5 for Capital last, Yanko 962 and 915 lasts and CS 187 and 397 lasts.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
I've got both CS and Yanko and both are comparable in quality. I think more importantly is how each would fit for you. Any last you looking in particular?

Like Wiz said, Seamless Bespoke carries Yanko so you can try. The Quarters is carrying CS if I'm not wrong so you may wanna check with them if they have any in stock.

FWIW, I am a UK6.5 for Capital last, Yanko 962 and 915 lasts and CS 187 and 397 lasts.

I see, that’s good to know.
Currently only looking at wholecut shoes, cause never had one before haha.

Not really in terms of last, as long fit my feet well is good. My best fit probably is Loake Capital Last Plus slightly wider in the front will be good. If not it’s still a good fit for me.

Currently I’m on Capital Last UK8, and for CS the wholecut shoes I’m interested in is 397 last.

So how’s the comparison of Capital and 397? Or almost similar?

Thanks man!
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Was at Seamless and looks like they have a mystery maker in a few weeks. Range between Yanko and EB. Sounds exciting!

Any guess who will that be ?
 

evangel21

Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
105
Reaction score
4
I see, that’s good to know.
Currently only looking at wholecut shoes, cause never had one before haha.

Not really in terms of last, as long fit my feet well is good. My best fit probably is Loake Capital Last Plus slightly wider in the front will be good. If not it’s still a good fit for me.

Currently I’m on Capital Last UK8, and for CS the wholecut shoes I’m interested in is 397 last.

So how’s the comparison of Capital and 397? Or almost similar?

Thanks man!

The 397 last is roomy in the toe box. Comfy for me. Not the snug feel. Instep wise I can t comment as mine is a pair of Chelsea. But I would suspect 397 would be good for you.
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Well, that was sooner than I expected..

ukclphk.jpg
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
~150 wears not sure what the durability should be but sounds low to me.. was expecting something in the range of 300 before it needs to be fixed

Idk, I prolly walk more than most I guess
 

villan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2003
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
18
How's AM compared to Corno blu?
Both are at same price point.
Corno blu - should I take the same size as loake capital / carmina rain ?
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
I like the Corno Blu Lyra, beautiful and comfortable. Wearing them today.

Do not have Aries but I think there are 2 Bros here with both Aries and **

For sizing just drop yeossal an email as it various from last

How's AM compared to Corno blu?
Both are at same price point.
Corno blu - should I take the same size as loake capital / carmina rain ?
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
How's AM compared to Corno blu?
Both are at same price point.
Corno blu - should I take the same size as loake capital / carmina rain ?

Corno Blu, I feel, is a fairly priced product for what it is. The materials are decent, and the attention to detail and finishing is also generally quite commendable. They are Goodyear welted, which is a common construction method.

While I do acknowledge that the price point may be a barrier for some, I have also seen lousier shoes (or shoes that aren't any better), priced much higher. Honest truth. Similarly, there are also lower priced shoes that are pretty good for what they cost.

In terms of the fit, I only have experience with the R147 last. I would advise you to take the same size as your Rain size.

AM, if you are referring to his Argentum welted range, has a superior construction method, uses very good materials with a very low hide yield for uppers, and also has significant differences in his finishing and waist construction. It is quite a high quality / price ratio product.

I might not be the best person to give an answer, because some people feel that I am biased. To be honest, I am, actually. I am biased towards good makers.
 
Last edited:

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
Ah yes if you are comparing Argentum welted AM vs Corno Blu, AM is better in every aspect for similar price point. Will also like to add that AM you can get lasted trees which are lovely, will spend a few moments each time I touch them!

Aries, I will know when I do buy them maybe later in the year :D
 

villan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2003
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
18
Ah yes if you are comparing Argentum welted AM vs Corno Blu, AM is better in every aspect for similar price point. Will also like to add that AM you can get lasted trees which are lovely, will spend a few moments each time I touch them!

Aries, I will know when I do buy them maybe later in the year :D

How about AM Aries vs Corno Blu at the same price?
 

villan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2003
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
18
I like the Corno Blu Lyra, beautiful and comfortable. Wearing them today.

Do not have Aries but I think there are 2 Bros here with both Aries and **

For sizing just drop yeossal an email as it various from last

im looking at the Lyra as well, there;s some discount going on now.
How do they compare to Carmina?
 

wiz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2000
Messages
2,058
Reaction score
0
ThunderMarch did a very detailed review on the Lyra a few months ago. Try searching for it here.

The Lyra on its own is good and I am wearing them more than the Enzos. Purely due to them being more comfortable

Do not own Carmina but there are a few Bros here owns the Lyra and Carminas

im looking at the Lyra as well, there;s some discount going on now.
How do they compare to Carmina?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top