Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Check out Alden, come to think of it.

Alden doesn't have a store in Singapore :( same as cheaney.. Worst come to worst carmina MTO, but +50% of rtw pricing pushes it slightly higher than 1k.. Really hope EEA can fit me. Their MTO shoes start the same as their RTW - $349, as they adjusted their MTO pricing.
 

lumin87

Member
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
Alden doesn't have a store in Singapore :( same as cheaney.. Worst come to worst carmina MTO, but +50% of rtw pricing pushes it slightly higher than 1k.. Really hope EEA can fit me. Their MTO shoes start the same as their RTW - $349, as they adjusted their MTO pricing.
Well if you wanna try allen edmonds in 11EEE I have a pair

Sent from here using GAGT
 

Hahahehe

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
763
Reaction score
0
I am using tongue pad for my carmina rain last. Got it at half a size bigger but after using tongue pad seem to correct my heel slip. Please go ahead and try... At least just remove the adhesive. You will not notice it after removal

Upon further research, I found out that most people first opt for insoles (since if you place the tongue pads at the wrong location the stickiness left by the adhesive might remain when you remove them - but correct me if I'm wrong though). Generally, two brands of insoles stood out the most, namely Tacco and Pedag. Anyone knows where I can find them locally?
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Upon further research, I found out that most people first opt for insoles (since if you place the tongue pads at the wrong location the stickiness left by the adhesive might remain when you remove them - but correct me if I'm wrong though). Generally, two brands of insoles stood out the most, namely Tacco and Pedag. Anyone knows where I can find them locally?
I usually get Tacco insoles/heel pad at:

Kips N Kwik
Shoes Accessories - Wholesale & Manufacturings
Junction 8 Shopping Centre #b1-04, 9 Bishan Place (S)579837, 579837
6259 5381
 

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
82,783
Reaction score
10,131
does anyone know the operating hours of the yishun japanese cobbler?

went there yesterday morning but guess i am too early.
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,687
Reaction score
28,163
berluti is having sale now ?

berluti where got sale one!... this brand is tok carrot the AMDK why need to drop price.

I passed by the shop yesterday and inside pretty empty... I guess their sales people life is very easy...:s13::s13:
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Seem like I am about size 9.5 for carmina.. But even the forest last derby feels constricting.. They said they don't have MTO now but will bring in the service next month. Feels weird but I don't think MTO can fit me, as their forest last is maxed out at EE.. Unless they can do a EEE for me.

Maybe I should just order a Allen Edmonds EEE size 9.5. The length should be the same..
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Anyway if order too big is there something like an insole I can stuff in the back of the shoe?? Not tissue paper though
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
For Allen Edmonds, can try Amazon. I bought 2 pairs before in separate orders with the free shipping to Sg for above U$125
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Seem like I am about size 9.5 for carmina.. But even the forest last derby feels constricting.. They said they don't have MTO now but will bring in the service next month. Feels weird but I don't think MTO can fit me, as their forest last is maxed out at EE.. Unless they can do a EEE for me.

Maybe I should just order a Allen Edmonds EEE size 9.5. The length should be the same..

If u order AE, it will be 10EEE. U.S. Sizing.
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
Alden doesn't have a store in Singapore :( same as cheaney.. Worst come to worst carmina MTO, but +50% of rtw pricing pushes it slightly higher than 1k.. Really hope EEA can fit me. Their MTO shoes start the same as their RTW - $349, as they adjusted their MTO pricing.


Another suggestion for you @blubird33:
If you have about a week in Hong Kong, you can visit Zee's in TST. They do MTO shoes with a quick turnaround time. In between the seven days, they will do up a canvas 'mold' for you to try out the fit, and then customise from there. Their prices start from HKD 1,700 for calf (if there has been no increase since).

I have one of their pairs, at a time i was hesitant about ordering double monks online with trying.

The quality is reasonable for the price point.
 

SquallLH

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2001
Messages
5,066
Reaction score
609
If u order AE, it will be 10EEE. U.S. Sizing.

Ok thanks!

Be careful of the different last that Alden and AE has as well which differs quite a lot between each last, just just going by your carmina width sizing without the last detail might be an issue.

For AEs, I wear a size 8E on last 8, size 8.5D on last 5 and size 9D on last 7.

Alden is a bit more consistent where I wear 8D or 7.5D depending if they're aberdeen or trubalance.

Best way to check would be to go to the AE thread in Styleforum where they have lots of people wearing AEs.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Be careful of the different last that Alden and AE has as well which differs quite a lot between each last, just just going by your carmina width sizing without the last detail might be an issue.

For AEs, I wear a size 8E on last 8, size 8.5D on last 5 and size 9D on last 7.

Alden is a bit more consistent where I wear 8D or 7.5D depending if they're aberdeen or trubalance.

Best way to check would be to go to the AE thread in Styleforum where they have lots of people wearing AEs.

Thanks, I think I'll just wait for the singapore carmina MTO to open so the shoe will fit me perfectly. Don't wanna order online for my first expensive dress shoes, and no money to go bespoke ($3000++).
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
Thanks, I think I'll just wait for the singapore carmina MTO to open so the shoe will fit me perfectly. Don't wanna order online for my first expensive dress shoes, and no money to go bespoke ($3000++).

The shop is already opened on 1st July, and they do take MTO order.

MTO price will be Shop price(base price) + 50% = total price
Eg. $695 (shop price) + $347.50 (50%) = $1042.5 (total price).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top