Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
The shop is already opened on 1st July, and they do take MTO order.

MTO price will be Shop price(base price) + 50% = total price
Eg. $695 (shop price) + $347.50 (50%) = $1042.5 (total price).

I went to their shop to ask on sunday, they say their MTO service is not available until at least 1 month later and asked me to write down my contact details.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
I went to their shop to ask on sunday, they say their MTO service is not available until at least 1 month later and asked me to write down my contact details.

You can MTO with skotiebogalet. Their base price will be much lower.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
You can MTO with skotiebogalet. Their base price will be much lower.

Hmm.. That's a good idea but I'm afraid I get the wrong size.. I tried the 9.5 Forest last, I think in EE, which is too tight, but has a bit of a gap at the heel. Should i order 9.5 Forest EEE just to be safe, if it is slightly big I can add some heel padding to make it work. Really want to get it to fit, since its my first expensive shoes.
 

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,917
Reaction score
942
IIRC, most croc leather is farmed and the croc farming industry is relatively large and widespread.

Most quality alligator leather is hunted from wild specimens in American areas like Florida and Lousiana. There are some alligator farms but very minimal as the ideal environment of the main commercial species are mainly limited to the southeastern area of the North American continent.

Prolly why got that price gap lol. Same Same but different :s13:

So, you're paying for the hunters in the case for alligators?

Apparently they aren't the same. Sight and feel I mean. Functionality, I think both are similar and almost close substitutes.

Just like python and water snake.
 

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
48,030
Reaction score
143
Edward Green Windermere Cordovan Leather Derby Shoes

525174_mrp_e1_l.jpg

525174_mrp_e2_l.jpg


Oxblood Horween cordovan leather Derby shoes
Last 202, Width E
UK 8
Price: £766.55 / Approx. SGD $1,607

Source: http://www.mrporter.com/en-sg/mens/edward_green/windermere-cordovan-leather-derby-shoes/525174


very unfortunate, not my size. :(
 

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
24,917
Reaction score
942
Just went down to EEA, their EE width shoes are in Australia for trunk show... Because I have very wide feet, they say if EE width don't fit they have to do bespoke and it starts at $3000! 😦 :( now going carmina to see whether they have my size. Then order online if they have.

Oh, they increased their prices.

It was $2500 last year.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Oh, they increased their prices.

It was $2500 last year.

oh my... at that price point I would rather do bespoke with English/Italian brands..

I would probably order with Skoaktiebolaget if they can find a way to measure my feet and suggest a width and size since they offer better price(about $700) than our singapore counterparts(about $1000).
 

BigAssGun

High Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
165,218
Reaction score
1
yeah man, also tinking e first

simple clean looking

anyone owns a similar pair~?

i wore sneakers size us9.5, wonder i shld go for uk9 or uk8.5
 

rocket science

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2014
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
oh my... at that price point I would rather do bespoke with English/Italian brands..

I would probably order with Skoaktiebolaget if they can find a way to measure my feet and suggest a width and size since they offer better price(about $700) than our singapore counterparts(about $1000).

Which English / Italian brands?

Out of curiosity, not having done a bespoke pair, what gives you the assumptions that they're better at the $3k price point?
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Which English / Italian brands?

Out of curiosity, not having done a bespoke pair, what gives you the assumptions that they're better at the $3k price point?

Just did some studying and Ed Et Al is the Lowest Priced fully bespoke shoe maker in Singapore/England compared to G&G(seen in SF they cost about 3000 pounds), Corthay(even higher). Even comparing to Japanese Bespoke makers, which cost about S$4000, Ed Et Al at $3000 is considered a steal.

1) No RTW and probably no MTO will suit my weird wide feet.
2) All Hand Made

These 2 are pretty good reasons why I need to do bespoke..

However, I do not want to spend anything north of $1000 since I'm just a newbie in this expensive world of shoemaking. I will just try out the Carmina MTO($1000) when they open for order and hope for the best.

Probably when I'm slightly older with more liquidity, I'll order those bespoke masterpieces.

P.S. with $3000, I can do a lot of bespoke shirts.. I'd rather have that.
 

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Just did some studying and Ed Et Al is the Lowest Priced fully bespoke shoe maker in Singapore/England compared to G&G(seen in SF they cost about 3000 pounds), Corthay(even higher). Even comparing to Japanese Bespoke makers, which cost about S$4000, Ed Et Al at $3000 is considered a steal.

1) No RTW and probably no MTO will suit my weird wide feet.
2) All Hand Made

These 2 are pretty good reasons why I need to do bespoke..

However, I do not want to spend anything north of $1000 since I'm just a newbie in this expensive world of shoemaking. I will just try out the Carmina MTO($1000) when they open for order and hope for the best.

Probably when I'm slightly older with more liquidity, I'll order those bespoke masterpieces.

P.S. with $3000, I can do a lot of bespoke shirts.. I'd rather have that.

Just try a pair of Allen Edmond 10EEE from Amazon lor! US$385 and free shipping. If cannot wear, can just S$60 to ship back for full refund.
 

Bluebird33

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
761
Reaction score
0
Does Crockett & Jones hold online sales and, if so, when?

you can email them, from what I see on their website, they do not have a ecommerce platform but they take order via email.

A lot of SF ppl say that C&J stuff are overpriced though. And their quality is comparable to lower priced brands like carmina. They have a huge range of lasts and their designs are very stylish though.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top