likehotbutter
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Oct 20, 2010
- Messages
- 5,776
- Reaction score
- 799
part of the rubber sole on my Nike sports shoe came off after a few runs! if Meermin is worse ... haha!
Try to topy your Nike shoes?
part of the rubber sole on my Nike sports shoe came off after a few runs! if Meermin is worse ... haha!
juz a qns, does leather sole last longer than rubber ones?![]()
Rubber sole protectors on leather soles are the best IMO. As for which one lasts longer I think it boils down to quality of the rubber or leather.
Ask around. If its a name commonly recalled by the average person on the street, chances are its a Big Brand with an equally big marketing budget lol
Yet to see any GCP who knew about Carmina


As for which one lasts longer, I believe, this is entirely subjective according to one's nature of work, rotation of shoes, proper care maintenance and even the person's gait. On the same note, I wouldn't hesitate to affix rubber pieces (aka topy/vibram) to my leather soles so as to impede deterioration. In which Singapore is a warm, humid country, one may argue that by adding rubber pieces MAY lead to the deterioration of the soles quicker as our feet perspire more due to the restricted and limited soles' breathability. But really, this boils down to one's cognizance of the importance of shoes' rotation, inserting shoe trees and proper shoe care maintenance as mentioned earlier.
Personally, I find this to be cost-effective and practical rather than resoling. To each his own. More often that not, resoling a pair of shoes can amount to at least 1/3 of its original purchase price. As for the expenses calculations sake, I will save it for another day perhaps.
I had an interesting conversation with a mall cobbler on Sunday.
I asked whether he can add metal toe taps on my shoes.
He then asked me what they are. I tried to explain. And he ended up asking if I wanted the metal toe taps to make a sound when i dance.
I said no. And tried to explain that it is a form of protection.
He then tell me to bring the taps, and he can fix it.
I thanked him profusely and quickly retreated out of his shop.
part of the rubber sole on my Nike sports shoe came off after a few runs! if Meermin is worse ... haha!
Nike makes horrible running shoes. Please stay away from them.
I recommend Saucony / Brooks, and maybe Asics.
thoughts on Nike flyknits? They look pretty cool, the brands you mentioned aren't that aesthetically pleasing..
Tiagong M&S can do indented taps
Tiagong Ard 60-80 though
Marks and Spencers?
Anyway, i have come to conclude that aftermarket taps cannot be done properly. Only the shoemaker can do one which is flushed properly.
Nike makes horrible running shoes. Please stay away from them.
I recommend Saucony / Brooks, and maybe Asics.
thoughts on Nike flyknits? They look pretty cool, the brands you mentioned aren't that aesthetically pleasing..
striker, can you explain your rationale so that we all can learn from your experience?
I have never added metal taps.
Meermin just went helluva crazy with their new MTOs.
Anyone buying those please post it in the forum when they arrive!
Very nice gold museum calf.. Tempted between this and vass...