Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,766
Reaction score
28,177
Anyone can advise me why the heel of my this MTO shoes look so unpleasant after few months of wearing?
rJnzRS1l.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 3W using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
Get the C&J Westbourne if you like that Meermin design. Don't compare apples with oranges.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

He is buying 2nd hand (Carouhell). If considering a bnib C&J, meermins wouldnt even be in the equation

Anyway edward, that pair is priced relatively resonably. Try to bargian slightly lower and you will have got yourself a steal
 

BallGag

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
6
He is buying 2nd hand (Carouhell). If considering a bnib C&J, meermins wouldnt even be in the equation

That's hard to say. People here do the darndest things. Guy's asking if he should buy apples or oranges, and Lord Sidious comes in with a chocolate fondue recommendation instead.

Just get the design you like more in this case then. If the only reason why you're considering the CJ's is value-for-money, then you're going to wear them a couple of times and wish you got the Meermin instead.

However, if you're really hung up over the quality difference, then I'm going to tell you to calm your tits, save up, and get a pair of Crockett & Jones Westbourne in chestnut.
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,766
Reaction score
28,177
Is this your DW or Edetal MTO? Do u practise any shoe care regime? Not sure is it the lighting but your uppers look patchy

This is my DW. Upper patchy is my fault of using wrong thing to polish . I may send the shoes for a patina. What about the heel ? How to maintain heel?
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
This is my DW. Upper patchy is my fault of using wrong thing to polish . I may send the shoes for a patina. What about the heel ? How to maintain heel?

Imho, for the amount paid, i would go back to DW for a solution, especially if the problem is unique to this pair of shoes, assuming same level of use and care (or abuse) across your shoes.

If u prefer to diy, u can buy edge dressing to touch up. Google on that!
 

arcfire

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
2
This is my DW. Upper patchy is my fault of using wrong thing to polish . I may send the shoes for a patina. What about the heel ? How to maintain heel?

What did you use to polish? sandpaper? :s13:

Looks like you played soccer wearing those shoes...
 

josephkjc

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2001
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
7
TUV2008, does your other shoes' heels look similar to this DW pair? Cos I am not sure if its the product problem or user problem.
I am surprised at how bad it looks, maybe you fell or brushed the heels against the stairs or escalator etc.

I am not sure whether using those wood varnish from DIY shop like HomeFix could help solve the problem. Since such wood varnish is used to repair scratched wooden furniture
 

urbanturban

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
0
I have been thinking of the RTW shoes that i would like to own someday.
Mine are:
EG Dover
EG Inverness
GG Antibes
GG ST James II
GG Gable
St Crispins wingtip

What are some of the shoes you like to own?
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
I am not sure whether using those wood varnish from DIY shop like HomeFix could help solve the problem. Since such wood varnish is used to repair scratched wooden furniture

Alamak repeat how many times liao. Its stacked leather not wood lol. Please dont go put wood product varnish and seal everything up lol. People say topy dosnt allow leather soles to breathe (bullshiat) but varnish is really up one level aldry.

Cheap leather dosnt go through the tanning and dying process long, so dye penetration is very shallow. Thats why cheap as belts u will realise the middle is blue cause that is the raw state of chrome tanning.

Like others said, edge dye or just polish with wax/cream
 
Last edited:

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,766
Reaction score
28,177
TUV2008, does your other shoes' heels look similar to this DW pair? Cos I am not sure if its the product problem or user problem.
I am surprised at how bad it looks, maybe you fell or brushed the heels against the stairs or escalator etc.

I am not sure whether using those wood varnish from DIY shop like HomeFix could help solve the problem. Since such wood varnish is used to repair scratched wooden furniture

my Ed shoes and other shoes do not have such problem.

In order not to mess thing up, perhaps as what another member suggest I should just send to someone to maintain for me.

Anyway I am planning to sending this DW for a patina as I dun quite like the original color.
 

TUV2008

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
77,766
Reaction score
28,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top