Shiro MS08th
Senior Member
- Joined
- Dec 2, 2004
- Messages
- 1,502
- Reaction score
- 2
Been reading the thread for quite abit.
I have a question and would love you guys advice or any suggestions on it.
I'm currently looking to get the Loake Strand, but locally I don't know anyplace that carries it, I only konw that Robinsons carries Loake brand, which I went to Raffles City branch today, but they only have like 5 models, none from the 1880 line.
But I digress, point is they don't have Strand. So I've tried something closest to what I can compared to Strand, which is a Stitch.
Stitch: F fitting, Ridge Last.
Strand: F fitting, Capital Last.
I tried UK 8 size, width is alright, but the length is a bit long, I'm thinking maybe a UK 7-7.5 would be my size, but Robinsons smallest size only left UK 8.
(BTW, I wore a medium thickness socks to test today, army black socks for info.)
So asking here for any advice on my situation, or should I just try my gut feeling and order online say a UK 7.5 for Strand.
(I did emailed Loake asking for advice too.)
Thanks!
I have a question and would love you guys advice or any suggestions on it.
I'm currently looking to get the Loake Strand, but locally I don't know anyplace that carries it, I only konw that Robinsons carries Loake brand, which I went to Raffles City branch today, but they only have like 5 models, none from the 1880 line.
But I digress, point is they don't have Strand. So I've tried something closest to what I can compared to Strand, which is a Stitch.
Stitch: F fitting, Ridge Last.
Strand: F fitting, Capital Last.
I tried UK 8 size, width is alright, but the length is a bit long, I'm thinking maybe a UK 7-7.5 would be my size, but Robinsons smallest size only left UK 8.
(BTW, I wore a medium thickness socks to test today, army black socks for info.)
So asking here for any advice on my situation, or should I just try my gut feeling and order online say a UK 7.5 for Strand.
(I did emailed Loake asking for advice too.)
Thanks!
Last edited:
