Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2015
Messages
10,660
Reaction score
6
You are right.

Stick to sneakers if u don't have a need or preference for leather shoes. Indeed they would be more comfy and generally not as expensive..

In which case do take your discussion on the sneaker thread then! :s13:
Walao eh, working shoe for young exec cannot wear sneakers meh? Double standard or suck up to class? I work office wear this shoe, work warehouse also wear this shoe, book in book out camp also wear this shoe, why must go sneaker thread? The fact is that this sneaker is a wedding gift from my wife, so i wear lor since comfy. I already have my eyes on a pair of redwing shoes that i kept yearning for...

By the way, got any lobang for redwing shoe? Or buy online better? Or go Tuckshop buy?

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
U mentioned in an earlier post that u are not that old.. assuming u are a fit Singaporean, hope u're not taking your IPPT in ed et als or carminas. :D:D

Perhaps leather sneakers, like CBS? Altho I don't think he uses those sneakers for gym or running (2.4km in 8min50sec)
I broke a few things while serving the nation.. So I'm exempt.

Apart from my Nikes for gym, and Havianas for the beach I'm only in Loakes or EEAs!

Lol. I'm afraid to ask what CBS uses for exercise.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

likehotbutter

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
5,777
Reaction score
809
U mentioned in an earlier post that u are not that old.. assuming u are a fit Singaporean, hope u're not taking your IPPT in ed et als or carminas. :D:D

Perhaps leather sneakers, like CBS? Altho I don't think he uses those sneakers for gym or running (2.4km in 8min50sec)

For millennia, men ran, marched, fought and died in leather shod feet, even up to the early years of WWII.

Im sure Darthsid will be fine running his IPPT in leather boots should he wish :s13: :s13: :s13:
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
bKRyXZ2l.jpg

Well for footwear in SEA the Vietnamese know best.. If they could hold their own against the americans in these.. Rubber slippers it is then.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Walao eh, working shoe for young exec cannot wear sneakers meh? Double standard or suck up to class? I work office wear this shoe, work warehouse also wear this shoe, book in book out camp also wear this shoe, why must go sneaker thread? The fact is that this sneaker is a wedding gift from my wife, so i wear lor since comfy. I already have my eyes on a pair of redwing shoes that i kept yearning for...

By the way, got any lobang for redwing shoe? Or buy online better? Or go Tuckshop buy?

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

U are technically correct that this thread is indeed named working shoe and I would not disagree that the term "young exec" is not meaningful but it would be rather apparent that the discussions going on in this thread are revolving around leather shoes.

Just pointing you to a more appropriate thread where your queries and discussions might find better company and more relevant replies and in no way judging your choice or preference of footwear.

And coincidentally there is a redwing shoe thread in this forum that should address your query, trust there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding over the rationale for pointing u to that thread.
 
Last edited:

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Lol. I'm afraid to ask what CBS uses for exercise.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
Complicated.

Shoulders/posterior leg day - Butteros, rotate between 3 pairs depending on the color of my shirt, becos the leather is very thick which helps cushions the back of my heels against the back extension bench.

Squat day, back/chest day - Converse canvass Chuck Taylor's

Long slow jogs - Nike Free 4.0's

Stadium sprint days - NB Minimus

Cycling in the park (slowly with family) - Shimano SPD sandals

Cycling off-road (serious) - SIDI carbon with SPD cleats

Cycling road (serious) - SIDI carbon with Look cleats
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Complicated.

Shoulders/posterior leg day - Butteros, rotate between 3 pairs depending on the color of my shirt, becos the leather is very thick which helps cushions the back of my heels against the back extension bench.

Squat day, back/chest day - Converse canvass Chuck Taylor's

Long slow jogs - Nike Free 4.0's

Stadium sprint days - NB Minimus

Cycling in the park (slowly with family) - Shimano SPD sandals

Cycling off-road (serious) - SIDI carbon with SPD cleats

Cycling road (serious) - SIDI carbon with Look cleats
Once again, that's why you're my idol. Lolol. Having different outifts for different workouts is only something that I can aspire towards.

Walao eh, working shoe for young exec cannot wear sneakers meh? Double standard or suck up to class? I work office wear this shoe, work warehouse also wear this shoe, book in book out camp also wear this shoe, why must go sneaker thread? The fact is that this sneaker is a wedding gift from my wife, so i wear lor since comfy. I already have my eyes on a pair of redwing shoes that i kept yearning for...

By the way, got any lobang for redwing shoe? Or buy online better? Or go Tuckshop buy?

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT
Take what allinaday is saying constructively.. The alternative would be to get ignored here!

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Wow you also hit the trails. Wheres your haunt? BT?

Mtbking is one of the few times im in sneakers :s13:

5-10 ftw!
These days I do more cycling in ECP with the family than anything else. I used to be a regular at Ubin, every single Saturday. BT once in a while. My cycling buddies prefer Ubin.


Once again, that's why you're my idol. Lolol. Having different outifts for different workouts is only something that I can aspire towards.
Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
You can do it!
 

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2015
Messages
10,660
Reaction score
6
U are technically correct that this thread is indeed named working shoe and I would not disagree that the term "young exec" is not meaningful but it would be rather apparent that the discussions going on in this thread are revolving around leather shoes.

Just pointing you to a more appropriate thread where your queries and discussions might find better company and more relevant replies and in no way judging your choice or preference of footwear.

And coincidentally there is a redwing shoe thread in this forum that should address your query, trust there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding over the rationale for pointing u to that thread.
I came here because one guy here told me to come to this specific thread and post my issue so ppl here can help. But now i guess I'll be moving on the sneaker thread. Thanks all for helping!

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2015
Messages
10,660
Reaction score
6
U are technically correct that this thread is indeed named working shoe and I would not disagree that the term "young exec" is not meaningful but it would be rather apparent that the discussions going on in this thread are revolving around leather shoes.

Just pointing you to a more appropriate thread where your queries and discussions might find better company and more relevant replies and in no way judging your choice or preference of footwear.

And coincidentally there is a redwing shoe thread in this forum that should address your query, trust there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding over the rationale for pointing u to that thread.
Anyways i apologise if i sounded rude, and thanks for rerouting me to the appropriate thread :)

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT
 

gairyu

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Need some sizing advice for meermin

My feet size is appox length 265mm width 98mm. I wear US 9 Adidas sport shoes. Not sure if sport shoes and dress shoes will be a gold gauge.

Anyone can advise on my UK size for meermin? I looked around SF and saw that a UK 7 might fit me but it will be a tight width.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Need some sizing advice for meermin

My feet size is appox length 265mm width 98mm. I wear US 9 Adidas sport shoes. Not sure if sport shoes and dress shoes will be a gold gauge.

Anyone can advise on my UK size for meermin? I looked around SF and saw that a UK 7 might fit me but it will be a tight width.
Email them. Sportshoes have a lot of cushioning which have more allowance if the shoes are sized incorrectly.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT
 

WakeUpDead

Junior Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Need some sizing advice for meermin

My feet size is appox length 265mm width 98mm. I wear US 9 Adidas sport shoes. Not sure if sport shoes and dress shoes will be a gold gauge.

Anyone can advise on my UK size for meermin? I looked around SF and saw that a UK 7 might fit me but it will be a tight width.

I have 265mm length and 97mm width. US 9 in adidas shoes too. Uk 8 in the olfe last fits just nicely for me.

But yes. Trace your feet on paper and blast it to them. They reply rather quickly when they smell a potential sale coming up.
 

lirahs

Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2014
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Paid Francis of Kips & Kwik (Junction 8) a visit over the weekends. As usual, was served with good service from the well-mannered gent. What allures me, he's straight-forward and honest about stating his judgment based on his observation. If he views something as irreparable, he will outrightly state so. I watched how he turned down a potential customer even when I feel that the defect could be remedied. But as an untrained personnel, how possibly could I have known better as compared to him..

Maybe news to some (or perhaps I'm outdated); he offers 2 types of Vibram soles/heels protectors. The difference is mainly the thickness as i was duly-informed.

Soles:



From left to right: $30 and $28 respectively

Heels:



From left to right: $28 and $22 respectively

The dearer will be the thicker one.

He will gladly oblige to give you (i mean your shoes) a "happy ending": A brief polish using Tarrago. But pls do not expect a spit-shine.
 
Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Paid Francis of Kips & Kwik (Junction 8) a visit over the weekends. As usual, was served with good service from the well-mannered gent. What allures me, he's straight-forward and honest about stating his judgment based on his observation. If he views something as irreparable, he will outrightly state so. I watched how he turned down a potential customer even when I feel that the defect could be remedied. But as an untrained personnel, how possibly could I have known better as compared to him..

Maybe news to some (or perhaps I'm outdated); he offers 2 types of Vibram soles/heels protectors. The difference is mainly the thickness as i was duly-informed.

Soles:



From left to right: $30 and $28 respectively

Heels:



From left to right: $28 and $22 respectively

The dearer will be the thicker one.

He will gladly oblige to give you (i mean your shoes) a "happy ending": A brief polish using Tarrago. But pls do not expect a spit-shine.

Master-Fix uses a different type of Vibram sole protectors. Theirs is quite thin and have a diamond pattern... But they charge $50.

I would think that thin sole protectors are more desirable though. Too bad I don't live anywhere near Bishan.
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
Paid Francis of Kips & Kwik (Junction 8) a visit over the weekends. As usual, was served with good service from the well-mannered gent. What allures me, he's straight-forward and honest about stating his judgment based on his observation. If he views something as irreparable, he will outrightly state so. I watched how he turned down a potential customer even when I feel that the defect could be remedied. But as an untrained personnel, how possibly could I have known better as compared to him..

Maybe news to some (or perhaps I'm outdated); he offers 2 types of Vibram soles/heels protectors. The difference is mainly the thickness as i was duly-informed.

Soles:



From left to right: $30 and $28 respectively

Heels:



From left to right: $28 and $22 respectively

The dearer will be the thicker one.

He will gladly oblige to give you (i mean your shoes) a "happy ending": A brief polish using Tarrago. But pls do not expect a spit-shine.
Hi lirahs, just wanna add on my experience and hope it benefits others too. soleman uses the exact same two protectors that you have shown. I have tried out both on my shoes so far. Was recommended to use the thicker one as its supposedly more lasting.

Thickness wise, I don't feel much of a difference imo between both vibram soles. So personally for me, I will stick to the thicker ones here on out :p

Pricing wise, I think I paid 27 the thick ones, did it only on the front (no heel)

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top