Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

archbishopchia

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
0
just when i was about to pull the trigger on a canon from robinsonshoes, the sale was over. Anyone knows if there would be a christmas sale??

Considering between the loake cannon or the hyde for formal wear.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
just when i was about to pull the trigger on a canon from robinsonshoes, the sale was over. Anyone knows if there would be a christmas sale??

Considering between the loake cannon or the hyde for formal wear.

If no urgency then just wait. They have sales up to 25-30% off. Monks and derby boots, v different choices..
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Most probably yes, shopping there is like duck talks to chicken, anyway happy can liao!

Internet shopping can talk very detailed but nothing beats touch, feel, see n try the actual product being buying, even if chicken n duck talk.
 

thundermarch

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
1,082
Reaction score
0
I thought that was the idea of choosing postal delivery so I don't have to stand by at the door?

That's correct. Of all the times I've bought from sko, I've only been hit by gst that one time. Swedish post usually gets you through.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Eh btw $20+ is not incl of heel. So perhaps he has poor attitude but I don't think he is cheating you.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

That's good to hear, then I guess it's the real price for half sole + heel guard.
Probably still going to wait till the Loake Cannon arrives first before I can send in my Strand for Vibram. 2 months seasoned (4days/week wear) should be more than enough haha!
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
just when i was about to pull the trigger on a canon from robinsonshoes, the sale was over. Anyone knows if there would be a christmas sale??

Considering between the loake cannon or the hyde for formal wear.

If no urgency then just wait. They have sales up to 25-30% off. Monks and derby boots, v different choices..

Yeah at the moment they have daily flash sales.
Or you could always camp for 20% discount, I think on average once a month.

Sometimes are all products (normally will send promotional email for this), and particular brand only sales (eg. Loake), but it will be silent sales no email notifications.

So I normally just check daily if I am camping to buy LOL!
 

anodize

Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
5
That's correct. Of all the times I've bought from sko, I've only been hit by gst that one time. Swedish post usually gets you through.

great. thanks! cant't wait for my wingtip. :s12: it's been 9 long days of waiting.. and i am still waiting. lol.
 

xtreamzz

Master Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2007
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
0
That's good to hear, then I guess it's the real price for half sole + heel guard.
Probably still going to wait till the Loake Cannon arrives first before I can send in my Strand for Vibram. 2 months seasoned (4days/week wear) should be more than enough haha!
You can try solemann next time If you are in raffles area. Not bad.

Sent from the Iron Sanctuary using GAGT
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Went to ask for quote at Tampines 1 Shukey and eta for doing half sole guard + heel guard.

Was quoted $40 last week, and the cobbler gave me a very vague timeline of 3 hours to 4 days.

So I didn't do the vibram yet since I only have 1 pair of dress shoe and 4 days are too long...(Means no dress shoe for me to wear in the meantime)

I even asked him if I send in on sat morning (which is the next morning) can I get it by sun night time. Got the same answer of 3 hours to 4 days.

Guess I will only do sole guard to my Loake Strand only when my Loake Cannon comes in.

Sent from Workday using GAGT

Why like so attitude one, when I bought my insoles at Tamp1 Shukey the guy was quite friendly leh, chitchat about my watch also..
 

arthur5011

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Why like so attitude one, when I bought my insoles at Tamp1 Shukey the guy was quite friendly leh, chitchat about my watch also..

I think one of the staff that had attitude problem. I had bad experience with them too. Previous when I try to send my shoe to repair. I got the similar reply too.

Otherwise when I passed by the shop, I always see other staff chitchat with customer.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Friendly reminder to take good care of your shoes in this rainy period.

I just had my uppers soaked through because I was caught in the rain while returning back from lunch. I think I'm going to waterproof the uppers over the weekend.
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2
Why like so attitude one, when I bought my insoles at Tamp1 Shukey the guy was quite friendly leh, chitchat about my watch also..
I think one of the staff that had attitude problem. I had bad experience with them too. Previous when I try to send my shoe to repair. I got the similar reply too.

Otherwise when I passed by the shop, I always see other staff chitchat with customer.

I guess really depends we meet which cobbler that day...

Sent from Workday using GAGT
 

Shiro MS08th

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
2

arthur5011

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
It's the opposite for me haha!
That's why I bought a Cannon for my 2nd pair knowing it will fit well for me too.

Today dress down Friday for me, wore a Red Wing 875 so pretty safe for me :p

Sent from Workday using GAGT

I also like the capital last. But just bought Aldwych 2 weeks back. If buy again now. Sure kena kao kao from finance minister at home. I think tonight go back test water first.

Hahaha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top