Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
upon typing?

kelvin, do you remember the sim card extender or something that we can use the two sim cards while also utilizing SD card concurrently? what's the name ah?

This?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-in-1-Double-Dual-SIM-Card-Adapter-for-Android-Micro-SD-extender-Nano-SIM-Micro/32788674545.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DweWi9
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,387
Reaction score
25,317
This?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-in-1-Double-Dual-SIM-Card-Adapter-for-Android-Micro-SD-extender-Nano-SIM-Micro/32788674545.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DweWi9

thanks man but it seems its not available for ordering.
 

TheOutsider

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
898
Reaction score
117
Here you go. A guide by Doom Slayer at xiaomi.eu. Just follow thru, can use more updated twrp for respective helium and hydrogen sets.

Hint: You will find that it's pretty highly similiar to the EDL guide I posted (at least to the twrp part I mean). So if you have hands on on the EDL mode before, this will be piece of cake. NO NEED UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. I mentioned many times, EDL mode will bypass many things.

I've gone the way to unlock the bootloader altogether. Don't wanna take any risk as I've seen comment on miui forum that it might cause problem at some point.

I did try EDL to flash TWRP before that to no success :x

Yes correct. HD voice call supported but 3G mode (older gen), newer VoLTE not working as telcos up to date still no include the phone to their network.

Hate that though, it's pretty annoying to see it keeps jumping mode when calling or incoming. Data will stop working when that happen. Sometimes (maybe always), SMS come in also will also drop to 3g mode. That's my experience on this.

Yeah hate that so much. Besides VoLTE not working, on Lineage OS (by nijel on xda) I also can't get PEAP-SIM to work properly. Can't connect to SingtelWiFi or Wireless@SGx. Still got no idea how to resolve it.

I can also confirm Singtel don't let this phone use VoLTE here. They should just enable all phones lah... Wasted sia....
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I've gone the way to unlock the bootloader altogether. Don't wanna take any risk as I've seen comment on miui forum that it might cause problem at some point.

I did try EDL to flash TWRP before that to no success :x

Hmmm... :s8:

Since your bootloader is unlocked. Why don't you use the adb-fastboot command method in FASTBOOT MODE instead of using EDL-MiFlash method in EDL MODE to flash the twrp.img (TWRP recovery) into your Mi Max? ;)
 
Last edited:

DRAGONGUY

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
I've gone the way to unlock the bootloader altogether. Don't wanna take any risk as I've seen comment on miui forum that it might cause problem at some point.

I did try EDL to flash TWRP before that to no success :x



Yeah hate that so much. Besides VoLTE not working, on Lineage OS (by nijel on xda) I also can't get PEAP-SIM to work properly. Can't connect to SingtelWiFi or Wireless@SGx. Still got no idea how to resolve it.

I can also confirm Singtel don't let this phone use VoLTE here. They should just enable all phones lah... Wasted sia....

Oic, strangely I didn't get any issue during twrp installation. Hmmmm, just a quick check. Did you download twrp from official web or the ones in the guide?

Anyway, still hoping very long for their (the traffic light telcos) enabling of this volte for mi max very long le. How can they let such a big user base (assuming it is) not able to use it.
 

TheOutsider

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
898
Reaction score
117
Hmmm... :s8:

Since your bootloader is unlocked. Why don't you use the adb-fastboot command method in FASTBOOT MODE instead of using EDL-MiFlash method in EDL MODE to flash the twrp.img (TWRP recovery) into your Mi Max? ;)

I mean before I get it unlocked. I tried but didn't get it to work via EDL mode. I tried multiple version to no success.
 

TheOutsider

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
898
Reaction score
117
Oic, strangely I didn't get any issue during twrp installation. Hmmmm, just a quick check. Did you download twrp from official web or the ones in the guide?

Anyway, still hoping very long for their (the traffic light telcos) enabling of this volte for mi max very long le. How can they let such a big user base (assuming it is) not able to use it.

Maybe someone can write in? Haha... Or possible to fake the identity to get through?
 

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
11,956
Reaction score
197
Oic, strangely I didn't get any issue during twrp installation. Hmmmm, just a quick check. Did you download twrp from official web or the ones in the guide?

Anyway, still hoping very long for their (the traffic light telcos) enabling of this volte for mi max very long le. How can they let such a big user base (assuming it is) not able to use it.

It's all about profit margins. Xm not generating enough profits for the telcos to consider volte. Don't just say xm, even huawei who is providing their 4g infrastructure to some operators is also not volte supported.
 

lanzhu60

Senior Member
Joined
May 25, 2005
Messages
1,321
Reaction score
48
upon typing?

kelvin, do you remember the sim card extender or something that we can use the two sim cards while also utilizing SD card concurrently? what's the name ah?


Hi ,for mi max ,as it's dual SIM ,if under two SIM cards ,possible to off /flight mode one of the SIM if needed ?
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
It's all about profit margins. Xm not generating enough profits for the telcos to consider volte. Don't just say xm, even huawei who is providing their 4g infrastructure to some operators is also not volte supported.

Is the firmware issue. Not telco.
Xiaomi and Huawei basically base on same open source. Just that one call Miui and the other call emui or some time. Rest the customization and appearance plus one trying to capture high price market etc.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,387
Reaction score
25,317
Hi ,for mi max ,as it's dual SIM ,if under two SIM cards ,possible to off /flight mode one of the SIM if needed ?

nope but you still can turn off the individual network, only through the mobile network settings.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top