Xiaomi MIPAD 4

nightknight1976

Reaction score
first u have to unlock bootloader first..

Sent from POCO X3 using GAGT

Anyone can show how to unlock bootloader correctly. MiPad 4 plugged in either USB 2.0 or 3.0 cannot detected by laptop. Tried downloading Xiaomi USB drivers, ADB Fastboot driver and ADB SDK platform tool also no detection. Enable developer option USB debugging and OEM unlock also didn't work.

wizardundo

Reaction score
Anyone can show how to unlock bootloader correctly. MiPad 4 plugged in either USB 2.0 or 3.0 cannot detected by laptop. Tried downloading Xiaomi USB drivers, ADB Fastboot driver and ADB SDK platform tool also no detection. Enable developer option USB debugging and OEM unlock also didn't work.

I followed this video for most part.

The full steps are from here..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-and-install-roms.3956945/

To install rom follow this guide

Need to make sure that the ADB is working correctly. If all else fails, then maybe you could try a PC with USB 2.0 instead?

-----

crDroid 6.9 team has drop this stable rom. :(

nightknight1976

Reaction score
I followed this video for most part.

The full steps are from here..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-and-install-roms.3956945/

To install rom follow this guide

Need to make sure that the ADB is working correctly. If all else fails, then maybe you could try a PC with USB 2.0 instead?

-----

crDroid 6.9 team has drop this stable rom. :(

Thanks bro, finally managed to unlock bootlocker via the miflash unlock packages. The adb commands only work in these packages to connect the mipad 4. Took the whole night to connect and flash Twrp. Manage to flash lineage os but thereafter the apps kept open and stopped. 🤔🤔🤔

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.gizchina.com/2021/02/12/miui-for-pad-will-mark-the-return-of-xiaomi-tablet/

Hope they will relook at intentional market again. I think officially only Mipad1 was intentional right?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

wizardundo

Reaction score
https://www.gizchina.com/2021/02/12/miui-for-pad-will-mark-the-return-of-xiaomi-tablet/

Hope they will relook at intentional market again. I think officially only Mipad1 was intentional right?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Great news! :s12: Looking forward to the MiPad 5 with stylus!

I hope xda community can convert the Miui rom over to MiPad 4 as well. :s13:

Thanks bro, finally managed to unlock bootlocker via the miflash unlock packages. The adb commands only work in these packages to connect the mipad 4. Took the whole night to connect and flash Twrp. Manage to flash lineage os but thereafter the apps kept open and stopped. ������

If it doesn't work then maybe you need to reflash few times. I had to flash lineage 3 times before it works properly. (I had to give up root at that time). But I've since changed to Havoc then to crDroid. Most likely have to update to newer version in future.

Last edited:

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering buying.
But can MiPad4 able to install original full featured Taobao App (not lite)?
Many tablet i bought cannot install Taobao app.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering buying.
But can MiPad4 able to install original full featured Taobao App (not lite)?
Many tablet i bought cannot install Taobao app.
That's a problem with the app itself not the device right? Taobao only allows Lite apps on mobile devices right? Unless there's a full fat Taobao app for Android?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think they announcing Mipad5 and Mix4 next month. Only hope this time the Mipad5 will reach the international market. Previously only Mipad1 had international set, 2-4 are still China sets only...

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gonna get a mipad 4 soon.

the market really lack 8 inch tablet.

at the moment, I have mipad 1 and 2 mipad 2. comparing the 2 models, I realised mipad 1 is so much better than the successor, and that is because released kernel source code.

with that, the online community will be able to keep updating the firmware even if it's EOLed.

just got to know that mipad 4 also has it's source code released, so decided to get one and try.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise me on where a good shop to go to change the battery? The battery on my is dying I think...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can advise me on where a good shop to go to change the battery? The battery on my is dying I think...
I use GWS 5th floor SLS... used them once to replace at Galaxy Tab S2 tablet battery... $60, battery standby life like new after that... still good today... replaced on Jan 2020... they might have the battery... otherwise buy one online and ask them to help you replace?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.