Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 series

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
6,236
Reaction score
2,119
Is it reasonable to compare Redmi Note with Poco ? I saw this recently launched Redmi Note 13 5G ( no pro ) and another recently launched Poco 6F ( no pro ). I tried to do some comparision. I think HW is more obvious like different CPUs, fingerprint scanners, sdcard etc. But I find it hard to compare the picture quality. There is a YouTube video comparing these 2 but they only compare the specs.

So I wonder how the pic quality compares between these 2 phone, if anyone has tried and can give some comment, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,899
Is it reasonable to compare Redmi Note with Poco ? I saw this recently launched Redmi Note 13 5G ( no pro ) and another recently launched Poco 6F ( no pro ). I tried to do some comparision. I think HW is more obvious like different CPUs, fingerprint scanners, sdcard etc. But I find it hard to compare the picture quality. There is a YouTube video comparing these 2 but they only compare the specs.

So I wonder how the pic quality compares between these 2 phone, if anyone has tried and can give some comment, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
f6 camera-specific review here


if u are considering camera as a priority, recommend to check out pixel 7a

around $450 during promo, comparable to poco f6 pricing
 

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
6,236
Reaction score
2,119
f6 camera-specific review here


if u are considering camera as a priority, recommend to check out pixel 7a

around $450 during promo, comparable to poco f6 pricing


That's the thing. I don't take many pics but when I do, I think the pic is not that good. So I wonder if I should spend more on potentially taking photos when travelling using a Poco 6f or just get a cheaper RM note 13 5G.

So was hoping some comparision that can help me make up my mind. One thing I found out about Poco 6F was the night mode is good.
 

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
35,306
Reaction score
7,841
That's the thing. I don't take many pics but when I do, I think the pic is not that good. So I wonder if I should spend more on potentially taking photos when travelling using a Poco 6f or just get a cheaper RM note 13 5G.

So was hoping some comparision that can help me make up my mind. One thing I found out about Poco 6F was the night mode is good.
I'm surprised that a Poco model can be quite good in taking photos because they are good for gaming (except the low-end models think) but not known to take good photos...
 
Last edited:

carboy00

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
227
Is it reasonable to compare Redmi Note with Poco ? I saw this recently launched Redmi Note 13 5G ( no pro ) and another recently launched Poco 6F ( no pro ). I tried to do some comparision. I think HW is more obvious like different CPUs, fingerprint scanners, sdcard etc. But I find it hard to compare the picture quality. There is a YouTube video comparing these 2 but they only compare the specs.
So I wonder how the pic quality compares between these 2 phone, if anyone has tried and can give some comment, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.

Poco is really designed for performance at lower prices, not for cameras for sure.

I do feel current Redmi Note cameras are better than Poco ones, although you will give up some performance for the better cameras.


Read HWZ Forum Rules via Xiaomi 13T
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
13 pro or 13 pro+ better for the money? Can't figure out the difference. Where best to get, either new or refurb?
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,899
13 pro or 13 pro+ better for the money? Can't figure out the difference. Where best to get, either new or refurb?
You can use gsmarena compare website to see the differences

What is your budget and usage requirements?

Value-for-money depends on what you prioritise also
 

Chisel

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
36
13 pro or 13 pro+ better for the money? Can't figure out the difference. Where best to get, either new or refurb?
Main differences to me.

13 pro runs on snapdragon. 13 pro plus on Mediatek

13 pro charges at 67w. 13 pro plus at 120w.

13 pro uses ufs 2.2 13 pro plus at ufs 3.1

13 pro ip54 13 pro plus ip68

13 pro is flat screen. 13 pro plus is curved screen.
Caterham7 says it correctly. Value for money depends on what u priorities. You see what you can get with your budget and if you need to top up to get what u need.

To u, maybe camera is a priority so probably can read reviews which takes better pics.
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,524
Reaction score
7,666
Main differences to me.

13 pro runs on snapdragon. 13 pro plus on Mediatek

13 pro charges at 67w. 13 pro plus at 120w.

13 pro uses ufs 2.2 13 pro plus at ufs 3.1

13 pro ip54 13 pro plus ip68

13 pro is flat screen. 13 pro plus is curved screen.
Caterham7 says it correctly. Value for money depends on what u priorities. You see what you can get with your budget and if you need to top up to get what u need.

To u, maybe camera is a priority so probably can read reviews which takes better pics.
Ufs31 and ip68 for me, local set pls.

I prefer slow charges usually unless in a rush which usually never happens unless i fall asleep and forget charge then morning rush plug in feed 20min while i shower, 10 more to get dressed...

Heng dun happen much
 

caterham7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,124
Reaction score
1,899
For non gaming, reasonably good battery life and more photography centric users, would redmi note 13 pro be a better buy than a x6 or similar priced phones?
If your budget can go to $430, pixel 7a is that price after vouchers. Will be better choice if camera is priority
 

rerear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
2,055
Reaction score
20
buying local set from Lazada Official Xiaomi shop, will be also china 2 round plugs, or SG usual 3 pin?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top