Xperia Arco S

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
1. The sheet is scratch-resistant & shatter-proof. It is on the screen by factory settings.
2. It is removable.
3. The screen & sheet is only scratch resistant, as well as any other sc on the market.

There is no such thing as a shatter proof sheet being scratch resistant, correct me if I am wrong. The shatterproof sheet acts like those on the car windscreen or even on the airplane cockpit windows. It is just a "soft" laminate to prevent the glass from complete shattering and thus endangering the users. So if you do happen to drop and cack the mineral glass, you will not cut your fingers if you accidentally swipe past the broken portion.

This thin layer of sheets are in no means scratch proof. Sony may claim it to be hard coated sheets but they are still prone to scratched due to use and wear. Only the Gorilla glasses in my experiences are much much more scratch resistant.

I will never recommend to remove the factory fitted shatter proof sheet as it is there to serve its purpose. If we want more scratch protection, it is better to add another layer of SP (like those of good quality ones from 3M or SPIGEN SGP etc).
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
There is no such thing as a shatter proof sheet being scratch resistant, correct me if I am wrong. The shatterproof sheet acts like those on the car windscreen or even on the airplane cockpit windows. It is just a "soft" laminate to prevent the glass from complete shattering and thus endangering the users. So if you do happen to drop and cack the mineral glass, you will not cut your fingers if you accidentally swipe past the broken portion.

This thin layer of sheets are in no means scratch proof. Sony may claim it to be hard coated sheets but they are still prone to scratched due to use and wear. Only the Gorilla glasses in my experiences are much much more scratch resistant.

I will never recommend to remove the factory fitted shatter proof sheet as it is there to serve its purpose. If we want more scratch protection, it is better to add another layer of SP (like those of good quality ones from 3M or SPIGEN SGP etc).

If you read my earlier edited post, I referred all these products as scratch-resistant and not scratch-proof. And I reckon you know the differences between these two. A typo error is what you need to spot if you read from my point 1 - 3. :D

And a scratch-proof sc is almost non-existant.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Scratch_Proof_vs_Scratch_Resistant
 
Last edited:

saj282

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
3
1. The sheet is scratch-resistant & not shatter-proof. It is on the screen by factory settings.
2. It is removable.
3. The screen & sheet is only scratch resistant, as well as any other sc on the market.

Strange I was not told by the Sony service centre executive that the sheet is removable. I would not have handed my phone in. I would have immediately removed the sheet and put on a SP on my own expense.

Are you an official representative from Sony Mobile to inform us that the sheet is user removable? Or is there an official publication by Sony Mobile that you can point me to? Thanks.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Strange I was not told by the Sony service centre executive that the sheet is removable. I would not have handed my phone in. I would have immediately removed the sheet and put on a SP on my own expense.

Are you an official representative from Sony Mobile to inform us that the sheet is user removable? Or is there an official publication by Sony Mobile that you can point me to? Thanks.

The correct answer they should give you - it is removable, but not suggested as it is shatter-proof sheet on the screen. I am not from sony or any affiliated personnel. You can find a lot of information from the amazing geeks at xda.

Did anyone remove shatterproof sheet before applying screen protector? - xda-developers
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
If you read my earlier edited post, I referred all these products as scratch-resistant and not scratch-proof. And I reckon you know the differences between these two. A typo error is what you need to spot if you read from my point 1 - 3. :D

And a scratch-proof sc is almost non-existant.

Scratch Proof vs Scratch Resistant - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Oh my most sincere apologies if I may have offended you in any way. My reply was not to go against you...just to add what I know...coming from the aviation side of experience.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Oh my most sincere apologies if I may have offended you in any way. My reply was not to go against you...just to add what I know...coming from the aviation side of experience.

Nay, no issues. This is a forum for discussion, not a battlefield.
 

devilzsky

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
anybody used the 20% off accessories voucher that comes in the package?? is there a minimum spending?
 

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
24,773
Reaction score
0
Guys & gals,


Can anyone guide me, how to install the HTC English & Chinese keyboard, where i can switch both language while typing ?
 

bees90

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi! Selling a brand new Sony Xperia acro S, WHITE! interested buyers please pm me and quote a price! Starting from $570!
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
After 30% about $68+. But then i dun seem to remember the mw600 to be so ex.

I bought mine at the Sony shop in Bugis.

The actual price is $88. After the 20% discount is suppose to be $70.40. The guy just charged me $70.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Very funny...don't understand why I don't get a single reply from other Acro S users around the world...like as if there are non...

maybe acro user is limited vs the massive sammy user base of andriods
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
Cast-Mate Hybrid Tough Case for Sony Xperia Acro HD or Acro S

Just received my Cast-Mate Hybrid Tough Case for Sony Xperia Acro HD or Acro S that I had ordered from Amazon Japan.

Thought of sharing some photos for all...enjoy

558747_413263428722174_1895496988_n.jpg

283194_413263442055506_45650449_n.jpg

523185_413263478722169_912276892_n.jpg

248550_413263505388833_148211627_n.jpg

307834_413263525388831_493375371_n.jpg

418656_413263578722159_1373282600_n.jpg

284542_413263612055489_2048008069_n.jpg

603321_413263645388819_881662953_n.jpg
 

sirbrian

Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
3
How much you bought in total? :D

I bought 2 cases for YEN5960 (SGS 97.21). So it is YEN2980 each (SGD48.61).

vPost Shipping is SGD48.24. So it is SGD24.12 each.

Therefore is about SGD72.80 per case.

Sould have ordered more cases as the vPost shipping charges could have covered for at least another 5 more cases...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top