YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Did my Q3 closing. NW increased 5% QoQ and 20% YoY

Is another good quarter.

My Singapore portfolio has outperformed my global equity ETF last quarter after factoring exchange rate

congrats!

I am waiting till end of the year to calculate my Net worth. Have to exclude my property value as I have no idea what it is. I get flyers from property agents claiming that my property has $XXX value, but totally unrealistic :ROFLMAO:
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,944
Reaction score
40,443
congrats!

I am waiting till end of the year to calculate my Net worth. Have to exclude my property value as I have no idea what it is. I get flyers from property agents claiming that my property has $XXX value, but totally unrealistic :ROFLMAO:
I excluded as well but didn't qualify as I don't want to get into the argument again
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
Have to exclude my property value as I have no idea what it is. I get flyers from property agents claiming that my property has $XXX value, but totally unrealistic :ROFLMAO:
There're plenty of free online property valuation tools - srx, property guru, propnex, edge property are good.

My hdb valuations are within close proximity among the tools, not sure about condo.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
8UWXewa.jpg


Purely for entertainment purposes. No wonder Propnex no.1. ERA values my unit a lot less!
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,295
Reaction score
5,665
congrats!

I am waiting till end of the year to calculate my Net worth. Have to exclude my property value as I have no idea what it is. I get flyers from property agents claiming that my property has $XXX value, but totally unrealistic :ROFLMAO:


Personally I havent revalued my property since 2024, URA PPI is only up 7% since early 2024, I dun think this is a meaningful change given how highly fragmented and idiosyncratic the property market is. The 35% jump post covid was massive though, wouldnt have made any sense to ignore that.
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,295
Reaction score
5,665
HDBs which are homogenous in quality should have tight valuation. Yours is private, so it's understandably that Propnex and ERA differs.

You will be surprised. My friend sold his HDB at a 5% discount to his neighbour's unit (one floor down and sold few months prior) after trying to market it at a slightly higher price for many months with no takers.
 

laokorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
720
Reaction score
536
You will be surprised. My friend sold his HDB at a 5% discount to his neighbour's unit (one floor down and sold few months prior) after trying to market it at a slightly higher price for many months with no takers.
If it's a large cap stock, 5% would be unsettling.

5% is reasonable for an opaque, thinly traded real estate with highly judgemental attributes such as facing, personal preference, furnish, buyer budget, patience of the buyer/seller, negotiation, market knowledge, etc.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top