YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

chinesetcm

Junior Member
Joined
May 11, 2018
Messages
52
Reaction score
30
Take housing and cpf out of the equation, i owe bank a hell lot of money, so I am not trolling.
Sometimes I just wonder how am I going to make all the repayments, have been like that for quite a number of years already.
Thank god you already steps ahead many people here. living here, free uni studies plus got your own business!
 
Last edited:

theMKR

Banned
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
70,863
Reaction score
13,533
I showhand all my 25k usd into ibkr. Every mth withdraw a bit to buy pokemon cards
 

minamikaze

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
229
wCxjEDH.jpg


My current snapshot as of now.
- Staying in a rented place (at low cost)
- Aiming to pay off properties in 2-3 years' time: Not the most prudent financial move I know, but for peace of mind I think it might be worth it. After that's done I'd have enough passive income to be a little more adventurous in life and career.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
wCxjEDH.jpg


My current snapshot as of now.
- Staying in a rented place (at low cost)
- Aiming to pay off properties in 2-3 years' time: Not the most prudent financial move I know, but for peace of mind I think it might be worth it. After that's done I'd have enough passive income to be a little more adventurous in life and career.

Wow! You have done very well.
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
How is the housing figure derived? Purchase price or current valuation? Got minus loan? This is your residential or investment property? If residential, most of your asset has been locked up in that one huge asset... and to encash that, u need to downgrade and incur costs n fees... quite risky wor.

wCxjEDH.jpg


My current snapshot as of now.
- Staying in a rented place (at low cost)
- Aiming to pay off properties in 2-3 years' time: Not the most prudent financial move I know, but for peace of mind I think it might be worth it. After that's done I'd have enough passive income to be a little more adventurous in life and career.
 

minamikaze

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
229
How is the housing figure derived? Purchase price or current valuation? Got minus loan? This is your residential or investment property? If residential, most of your asset has been locked up in that one huge asset... and to encash that, u need to downgrade and incur costs n fees... quite risky wor.

It's home equity, i.e. current value of home (lower bound of figure from urbanzoom - outstanding principal amount on loan). If I want to be even more conservative I can take 100K off the value of each home, but since this is just a rough estimate of networth I suppose it's okay to leave it as it is.
Both properties can be taken as investment properties, because (as mentioned) I'm staying in a rented place at relatively low cost.
So yeah, for a fair comparison with a typical couple with owner-occupied housing, maybe can take 500K off the networth, thereabouts.
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,357
Reaction score
4,375
@dividend warrior, i rem u saying hoping to reach $500k by end of this year? Or u mean $700k? :p
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,011
Reaction score
3,012
@dividend warrior, i rem u saying hoping to reach $500k by end of this year? Or u mean $700k? :p

Original plan was to hit $500k. But Trump blessed us with the tariff threats in May. So I just kept buying and buying. Weirdly enough, the market rocket up in June! :s22:
In the end, now hit $600k. Life is so unpredictable! :s13:
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,011
Reaction score
3,012
I've calculated my 2019 mid-year dividends collected, up 20.1% from last year. Seems like dividends have not really been affected all the fear going around :s13:

Nice! 20% beats inflation hands-down.:s12:
Mine increased 11.6% so far.
 

minamikaze

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
229
IB reports a 78.15% brokerage account return for me, YTD.
But I've learnt not to be too happy about it, as nothing is cast in stone as long as I'm still in the game.
 

Trader11

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
15,695
Reaction score
5,235
Original plan was to hit $500k. But Trump blessed us with the tariff threats in May. So I just kept buying and buying. Weirdly enough, the market rocket up in June! :s22:
In the end, now hit $600k. Life is so unpredictable! :s13:

How you grow 400K in 5 years? Is it because of your salary and bonus?
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,011
Reaction score
3,012
How you grow 400K in 5 years? Is it because of your salary and bonus?

Fresh capital injected over 5 years is not $400k, a big chunk of that is actually unrealised gains. :o
I would say $457k over 10 years. Yup, using salary, bonus & dividends.

Market%2Btiming.JPG
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,166
Reaction score
5,102
YTD liquid networth June rebounced


Date Liq Networth Changes %
2018-Dec 1353208.451
2019-Jan 1411306.693 58098.24204 4.293369733
2019-Feb 1461394.212 50087.51948 3.549017357
2019-Mar 1481127.619 19733.40674 1.350313733
2019-Apr 1514341.128 33213.50926 2.2424475
2019-May 1494299.238 -20041.88987 -1.323472598
2019-June 1523843.606 29544.36731 1.977138618
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top