Malaysia prepaid card

Golfer

Reaction score
Sorry, noob qns.

For Digi 75 days inactive period, is it from the credit balance valid till date? E.g. My credit balance is valid till 11 sep 2018. The inactive period will be 12 sep 2018 + 75 days?

So if i extend validity on 24 Nov for 1 day, my inactive period will be 25 nov 2018 + 75 days?

Also can i do the extend validity in SIN? I have just download the Digi app.

When extending validity, do i get any data? Or do i have to buy the rm$1 daily data plan?

Can i buy the rm$1 data plan during the inactive period? If yes, does it means my validity period will also be extended for another 75 days? Or i must extend the credit balance validity before i can buy the rm$1 data plan?

Last qns, i was given digi best. Which is better, digi best or live (i know digi live has 90 days inactive period)?

Tks.

Last edited:

boonkang

Reaction score
Sorry, noob qns.

For Digi 75 days inactive period, is it from the credit balance valid till date? E.g. My credit balance is valid till 11 sep 2018. The inactive period will be 12 sep 2018 + 75 days?

So if i extend validity on 24 Nov for 1 day, my inactive period will be 25 nov 2018 + 75 days?

Yes, Digi Best prepaid has inactive/passive period of 75days...
If your Digi Best prepaid's validity is till 11th Sep 2018 -- that means your Digi Best prepaid is active till 11th Sep 2018.

After 11th Sep 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 11th Sep 2018 + 75days.
In this case -- inactive period will be from 12th Sep 2018 to 25th Nov 2018 (11th Sep 2018 + 75days ==> will be till 25th Nov 2018)

On 25th Nov 2018, if you extend/renew validity by buying RM1 SLL (Super Long Life), your Digi Best prepaid will be active again for 24hrs (1 day) -- till 26th Nov 2018.

After 26th Nov 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 26th Nov 2018 + 75days.

Is the above clear enough? :)

Also -- ANYTIME (during inactive/passive period) if you reload/top up -- your Digi prepaid will become active.
Each RM1 you reload gives you 1 day active for the Digi prepaid.

If you do a single reload of RM5, you get 5 days active period for your Digi prepaid.
If you do a single reload of RM10, you get 10 days active period for your Digi prepaid, etc.

Note: the active period you get on your Digi prepaid for reload -- does not stack.

Also can i do the extend validity in SIN? I have just download the Digi app.

When extending validity, do i get any data? Or do i have to buy the rm$1 daily data plan?

Can i buy the rm$1 data plan during the inactive period? If yes, does it means my validity period will also be extended for another 75 days? Or i must extend the credit balance validity before i can buy the rm$1 data plan?

Yes, you can extend/renew validity on the Digi prepaid by buying the RM1 SLL when in Singapore :)

You can buy the RM1 SLL either by:
(1) Using USSD code.
(2) Using the Digi app.

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about paying RM1 to extend validity on Digi prepaid via USSD code HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105692913-post4699.html

The service to deduct money from Digi prepaid card balance -- in order to PAY & BUY active/validity period is called SLL (Super Long Life).

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about Digi prepaid SLL (Super Long Life) HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105695966-post4701.html

Extend validity by buying RM1 SLL is just paying RM1 to buy 1 day active period for the Digi prepaid -- you're not buying any data.

AFAIK, (As far as I know),
From 2017 onwards, newly bought Digi prepaid SIM cards all comes with FREE basic Internet.

That means, if your Digi BEST prepaid comes with FREE basic Internet, you have FREE Internet access (at slow 64kbps speed up to 500MB/mth) -- without the need to buy any data plan.

If 64kbps is too slow for you, you can always buy any Digi prepaid data plan.
You'll have 4G/LTE full speed Internet after you buy (any) data plan on your Digi prepaid.

You can buy data plan for your Digi prepaid either via USSD code (*116#) or via the Digi app.

(Internet speed on the Digi prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the prepaid data plan you bought expired or you used up the mobile data quota in the data plan.)

Note: You can only access Internet when your Digi Prepaid is active !!

Even if you buy data plan during inactive/passive period -- you cannot use the data plan (or use the FREE basic Internet) to access Internet on the Digi prepaid.

You can only access Internet on the Digi prepaid once it is active.

Which is better, digi best or live (i know digi live has 90 days inactive period)?

Both Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid has respective pros & cons.
Which is "better" depends on your usage requirements.

(Since this post is getting long & tedious, I'll refrain from discussing the differences between Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid here.)

It's best (pun intended) you go find out the differences between Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid -- and decide for yourself which one suits your usage better :)

Digi BEST prepaid no longer seems to be listed on the Digi prepaid Web site:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

So not sure whether Digi BEST prepaid is still being sold or not.

Back to the issue of buying RM1 SLL on the Digi Best prepaid...

Personally, if I need to buy RM1 SLL -- my habit is to try & buy it on the inactive period 74th day -- instead of on 75th day.

Why?
If I'm busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 74th day -- I can still buy the RM1 SLL on (next day) 75th day.

If you're busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 75th day -- then you can no longer buy RM1 SLL on (next day) 76th day.

If no reload/top up done or no SLL purchased within 75 days inactive period -- on the 76th day the Digi Best prepaid card will be terminated.

Hope the above helps.

Last edited:

Golfer

Reaction score
Hi boonkang, thank you so much!!!

Btw, i bought my digi best at yong peng 2 days ago. They did not ask if i want digi best or digi live.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi boonkang, thank you so much!!!

Btw, i bought my digi best at yong peng 2 days ago. They did not ask if i want digi best or digi live.

Ah, so it's the Yong Peng rest stop that I came across the Digi Best cards, after they "disappeared" from the Digi website.

Most of us with Digi Prepaid cards from the "old days" are mostly holding the Best version.

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realized these couple of days that the OneXOX app has gone bonkers.

Despite it having been updated, I keep on getting the pop-up box to update the app. Cannot access, otherwise.

IF this app is gone for good, or bad... I know only their USSD codes are FOC while roaming. SMS, though to their 5-digit number/s are chargeable, I think RM2.50 each.

I hardly ever touched their USSD codes since I started using the app. Every now and then, got charged for "roaming SMS" that I've no clue nor record of. Their website's (selfcare) statement is hopeless with data that's non-existent when you need to see the (?) charges.

Is anyone here still actively using your OneXOX card with USSD codes? Care to share some of the more frequent ones you use?

I only on my xox sim in jb. Then type *150# to get to menu. To top up, buy data or transfer funds.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
I using xox. Buy sim validity for one year at rm25. Oneday 1gb for rm3. Network okay for jb use as it is celcom network. Call service staff also quite fast get thru. Only issue is top up only via official online or 7-11.

https://xox.com.my/plans/onexox/
Can top up at popular book store also in case you want to know

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apparently top up cards have been excluded from SST. Malaysians being advised not to buy top up cards during this period. Top up 10 ringgit, will see 10 ringgit.

xtemujin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prepaid top-ups tax-exempt, so telcos must give users full value
Wednesday, 5 Sep 2018

PETALING JAYA: The Finance Ministry has called on telecommunication companies to abide by its rule that all prepaid mobile phone reloads are exempted from the Sales and Service Tax (SST).

It said through this exemption, prepaid mobile phone customers should get their full value credit when topping up as it would no longer be taxed.

"All telecommunication companies have to take immediate action to comply with the tax-exemption notice," the Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday (Sept 5).

It said Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng had already notified telecommunication companies supplying prepaid mobile phone services to Malaysians of the exemption, but it was issuing the notice to ensure the directive was complied with.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...st-give-users-full-value/#zFmx5DwiiTDwbYOu.99

savior1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a suitable prepaid plan for me?
I go to KL mostly once every 1-2 months normally over weekends
Will be using it mainly for data when back in KL, occasional calling as well. But would prefer something with long validity so don't have to top up every month.

any suggestions guys? much appreciated!! :)

also, I am currently using a sub-line currently from my parents from maxis (which is why very expensive to maintain monthly fees- paying for nothing) - just wondering how to port out if were to change to a prepaid with another telco? Need any letter of authorization from my mother prior to getting the prepaid?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, Digi Best prepaid has inactive/passive period of 75days...
If your Digi Best prepaid's validity is till 11th Sep 2018 -- that means your Digi Best prepaid is active till 11th Sep 2018.

After 11th Sep 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 11th Sep 2018 + 75days.
In this case -- inactive period will be from 12th Sep 2018 to 25th Nov 2018 (11th Sep 2018 + 75days ==> will be till 25th Nov 2018)

On 25th Nov 2018, if you extend/renew validity by buying RM1 SLL (Super Long Life), your Digi Best prepaid will be active again for 24hrs (1 day) -- till 26th Nov 2018.

After 26th Nov 2018, your Digi Best prepaid will become inactive/passive.

Inactive/passive period will be 26th Nov 2018 + 75days.

Is the above clear enough? :)

Also -- ANYTIME (during inactive/passive period) if you reload/top up -- your Digi prepaid will become active.
Each RM1 you reload gives you 1 day active for the Digi prepaid.

If you do a single reload of RM5, you get 5 days active period for your Digi prepaid.
If you do a single reload of RM10, you get 10 days active period for your Digi prepaid, etc.

Note: the active period you get on your Digi prepaid for reload -- does not stack.

Yes, you can extend/renew validity on the Digi prepaid by buying the RM1 SLL when in Singapore :)

You can buy the RM1 SLL either by:
(1) Using USSD code.
(2) Using the Digi app.

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about paying RM1 to extend validity on Digi prepaid via USSD code HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105692913-post4699.html

The service to deduct money from Digi prepaid card balance -- in order to PAY & BUY active/validity period is called SLL (Super Long Life).

Refer to a post I wrote (some time ago in this thread) about Digi prepaid SLL (Super Long Life) HERE:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105695966-post4701.html

Extend validity by buying RM1 SLL is just paying RM1 to buy 1 day active period for the Digi prepaid -- you're not buying any data.

AFAIK, (As far as I know),
From 2017 onwards, newly bought Digi prepaid SIM cards all comes with FREE basic Internet.

That means, if your Digi BEST prepaid comes with FREE basic Internet, you have FREE Internet access (at slow 64kbps speed up to 500MB/mth) -- without the need to buy any data plan.

If 64kbps is too slow for you, you can always buy any Digi prepaid data plan.
You'll have 4G/LTE full speed Internet after you buy (any) data plan on your Digi prepaid.

You can buy data plan for your Digi prepaid either via USSD code (*116#) or via the Digi app.

(Internet speed on the Digi prepaid will revert back to slow 64kbps once the prepaid data plan you bought expired or you used up the mobile data quota in the data plan.)

Note: You can only access Internet when your Digi Prepaid is active !!

Even if you buy data plan during inactive/passive period -- you cannot use the data plan (or use the FREE basic Internet) to access Internet on the Digi prepaid.

You can only access Internet on the Digi prepaid once it is active.

Both Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid has respective pros & cons.
Which is "better" depends on your usage requirements.

(Since this post is getting long & tedious, I'll refrain from discussing the differences between Digi BEST & Digi Live prepaid here.)

It's best (pun intended) you go find out the differences between Digi Best & Digi Live prepaid -- and decide for yourself which one suits your usage better :)

Digi BEST prepaid no longer seems to be listed on the Digi prepaid Web site:
https://new.digi.com.my/prepaid

So not sure whether Digi BEST prepaid is still being sold or not.

Back to the issue of buying RM1 SLL on the Digi Best prepaid...

Personally, if I need to buy RM1 SLL -- my habit is to try & buy it on the inactive period 74th day -- instead of on 75th day.

Why?
If I'm busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 74th day -- I can still buy the RM1 SLL on (next day) 75th day.

If you're busy & forget to buy RM1 SLL on inactive period 75th day -- then you can no longer buy RM1 SLL on (next day) 76th day.

If no reload/top up done or no SLL purchased within 75 days inactive period -- on the 76th day the Digi Best prepaid card will be terminated.

Hope the above helps.

useful. thanks.

cassowary18

Reaction score
Prepaid top-ups tax-exempt, so telcos must give users full value
Wednesday, 5 Sep 2018

PETALING JAYA: The Finance Ministry has called on telecommunication companies to abide by its rule that all prepaid mobile phone reloads are exempted from the Sales and Service Tax (SST).

It said through this exemption, prepaid mobile phone customers should get their full value credit when topping up as it would no longer be taxed.

"All telecommunication companies have to take immediate action to comply with the tax-exemption notice," the Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday (Sept 5).

It said Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng had already notified telecommunication companies supplying prepaid mobile phone services to Malaysians of the exemption, but it was issuing the notice to ensure the directive was complied with.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nat...st-give-users-full-value/#zFmx5DwiiTDwbYOu.99

Just FYI, SST waiver is only for Msian citizens. Non-Msian still need to deduct SST from the top-up amount.

Means it might be good, if you have a Msian friend, to register the prepaid card under his/her name instead.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reload with Digi Kiosk inside KSL Digi shop (basement). just follow on-screen instruction...pretty easy.

Good info, another way to reload. :)

I sometimes do it at home using credit card on ePay, but lately just go into the Digi app using the same credit card. That is, if one wants to use credit card at home. ;)

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Good info, another way to reload. :)

I sometimes do it at home using credit card on ePay, but lately just go into the Digi app using the same credit card. That is, if one wants to use credit card at home. ;)

Nice ! another option if balance is low and not much time to wait in line to buy reload. :)

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sevral weeks ago i posted that i purchased the UMOBILE SIM card from TESCO for a promo rate of RM3, yesterday i tried to use it, it became expired !

Anyone knows what happened? did they auto activate the SIM card for us once we make the purchase ?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Checked on prepaid for Digi today at ksl.

Basic prepaid card is rm9.
Compulsory subscription to 5gb data at rm30. Thus total is 39.

Anyway to bypass the rm30
compulsory subscription ?

maxyorkie

Reaction score
Checked on prepaid for Digi today at ksl.

Basic prepaid card is rm9.
Compulsory subscription to 5gb data at rm30. Thus total is 39.

Anyway to bypass the rm30
compulsory subscription ?

It's RM8 at Tesco, on extreme right counter (if facing the supermarket) where they display cigarettes.

For reload, you can use the kiosk inside Digi store.

lfsa2002

Reaction score
It's RM8 at Tesco, on extreme right counter (if facing the supermarket) where they display cigarettes.

For reload, you can use the kiosk inside Digi store.

Hi, i bought digi live @RM8 at tesco KSL yesterday night. The guy has registered it for me and asked me to wait for 1 hour to use, then i went back to sg. But now when i tried to use it, it said i need to register it at nearest digi centre.

May I know whether this is normal? How long should i wait? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.