2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
i normally do a factory reset or clean flash for major version updates. Start on a clean slate. For me I actually find Pie a little better for my battery life on all the phones I've tested with Pie. Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, and Essential Phone. The adaptive battery thingy seems to work for me. But as usual with battery life YMMV one. Since we will have different apps installed, and maybe some apps you're using is buggy on Pie or what.

For me I personally dont feel any difference for battery life on my Pixel 2 XL from Oreo to Pie. No factory reset either.

I disabled adaptive battery because I simply dont like receiving late notifications due to an app being used lesser.
 

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
6
Just had hands-on experience with the new pixel XL 3. the build is very good and I would actually consider changing from the pixel XL 2.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
At launch so Oct/Nov 2017 and it was for Combo 3, not Combo 2. I believe it was $598 but I remember shortly after, it dropped to $498 or something like that.

The prices have always been tagged. If base price for combo 3 plans dropped, so would combo 2.

Exceptions are when Singtel decides to have periodical promotions, e.g. for 1 or 2 week, recontracts on combo 3 or higher get $100 off or something.

Yes I remember Pixel 2 XL on combo 2 was $848 and combo 3 was 598.

I also remember checking back frequently on Singtelshop for the prices and posted about them over the Pixel 2 thread.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/115187451-post429.html

During April 2018 when I checked for Combo 2 plan is still $848. I believe for combo 3 plan would still have been $598.

Only in June then I noticed price reductions. So from Nov to April is approx 6 months, I dont think that is very bad.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Pixel 3 & 3xl can flip or not ?

I dont think will have much demand.

Last year Pixel 2 XL was exclusive to singtel with recontract at launch.

This year Pixel 3 will be available with and without contract. Unless OOS and you have a buyer who desperately wants it, why would anyone pay more instead of retail prices:s11:
 

mudxblood

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2014
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
0
Any display set at Serangoon Nex? I would be there later. Just now dropped by JEM singtel and starhub no display set at all.
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,228
Reaction score
31,095
Yeah I also under Singtel Circles. 12 month contract for one nominated line. But last year recontract on 14th Nov 2017 during pre-order. So 12 months will only be up earliest on 14th Nov 2018 as well.

But I've not decided on getting the Pixel 3 XL just yet. Perhaps this weekend then go get some hands on fun on display set at singtel stores.
I don't know if they go by exact date.

My app and the phone conversation only mention month.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,399
Reaction score
1,175
I dont think will have much demand.

Last year Pixel 2 XL was exclusive to singtel with recontract at launch.

This year Pixel 3 will be available with and without contract. Unless OOS and you have a buyer who desperately wants it, why would anyone pay more instead of retail prices:s11:

Becoz this time, Sgp is amongst the 1st wave countries to get Pixel mah.... previously every other country got the Pixel.... we were among the last if not mistaken....
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
Plaza Sing singtel don't have demo yet. Don't waste time going there if anyone intended to.

Pixel 3 size is so nice for one hand and the not pink and white colour quite nice.
 
Last edited:

Lance321

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
7,988
Reaction score
3,027
Singtel doesn't seem to have the 128 gb variant of the smaller pixel 3 for those who want that version, but Pixel 3 XL on singtel does have both 64 gb and 128 gb. I actually prefer the look of the smaller pixel 3.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I don't know if they go by exact date.

My app and the phone conversation only mention month.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

Ah I see. Will try check with singtel staff again during the weekend when I check the pixel 3 out
 

chekseng80

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Messages
654
Reaction score
17
Seems like P3 screen is on par with the very best panels out there at least according to DisplayMate. I also read that the display panel was designed by Google.

My only concern with switching frm samsung note 9 to this is google pay still not support citibank cc.
 

Gustav

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
22
Yeah I also under Singtel Circles. 12 month contract for one nominated line. But last year recontract on 14th Nov 2017 during pre-order. So 12 months will only be up earliest on 14th Nov 2018 as well.

But I've not decided on getting the Pixel 3 XL just yet. Perhaps this weekend then go get some hands on fun on display set at singtel stores.

Singtel go by month, not actual date
 

omelet

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
346
Finally got time play with the demo unit...Not pink actually look quite nice. I like the form of the small sized pixel.

But was it just me but I find that the display of the small pixel not as good as the XL model?
Color and vibrancy seem to be similar...but the sharpness seem a bit low for a 1080p maybe due to pentile of OLED? Also seem to have that strange texture/noise filter just like the Pixel 2 XL which is actually not present on the Pixel 3 XL...
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,850
Reaction score
1,080
This who played with the phone, is there any blue shift on the screen?

Is the whites warm or cool?
 

omelet

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
2,251
Reaction score
346
This who played with the phone, is there any blue shift on the screen?

Is the whites warm or cool?

Got abit...don't know why those reviewer claim completely gone...but it is similar level with other OLED phone...
 

kuma-mon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2017
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5,245
Anyone here knows what is the cheapest way to buy? I dont mind importing the phone if its a lot cheaper than paying more for local set

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A6000
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top