Alexz_Hong
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Mar 9, 2008
- Messages
- 6,922
- Reaction score
- 675
Comparison with Pixel 2.

How do u know minority?
So far I've cycled through the apps on the Pixel 3 XL: Chrome (with my webpage), Facebook, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Drive, Photos, Maps, YouTube, and Play store. None of the apps close/reload. Average memory 2.3 GB in the last 3 hours.
Not saying there won't be app reloads. But just use and enjoy the phone, I don't think there'd issues that will encumber normal usage.
To me ah, doesn't hurt to have a bit more RAM for future proofing sake.

Yeah.
One day in future, iPhone XXX will use 10 GB RAM and Huaweii PYYY will use 128 GB of RAM.
You see the huge disparity? You don't see the problem?

There are mixed reports of RAM management so far.
Seeing how the Pixel 2 XL with the same amount of RAM has no such issues, it seems that the RAM management issue on Pixel 3s, if indeed there is any, can be rectified via software update. And if it's a hardware issue, there's always the local warranty and service centre to go to this time round.
I personally will still be getting a Pixel 3... Just haven't really decided between the XL and the non-XL.
Hahaha love the one-handed typing on the non-XL though I rarely type using one hand..... But in those rare scenarios where I do need to type with one hand, I can see how the size of a non-XL would be a godsend.
On the other hand, the bigger screen and battery on the XL are just too irresistible.
the idea is basic functionality... we are talking about casual gaming on a flagship priced phone here... it should at least function like what majority flagship are performing.. not like need to monitor how many games or apps are using alot of RAM and we need to close them first to not have the reloading issue.
If things don't change for Android, I still believe the iPhone with 10gb RAM will still perform better.![]()
yea just trying to mean at least multi tasking should work like what is intended compared to other flagships.. no matter whether is for casual gamer, hardcore gamer or general user. there should not a restricted way of usage due to different habits of users.Gaming + switching between browser and YouTube is called casual gaming?
If the game is too difficult that you need to get hints and hacks, then this is not typical of a casual gamer.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual_game
Do you have the adaptive battery setting disabled? That may be the difference.
Adaptive battery is enabled. I cycled through all the apps continuously, so maybe it didn't give the OS a chance to consider that my apps are "infrequently used"![]()
Anyone else disappointed with the under-delivered Top Shot feature? I was hoping to grab better shots of my toddler on the move, but it looks like the extracted frames are of a lower resolution (3 MP).
https://9to5google.com/2018/10/18/pixel-3-top-shot-photo-resolution/
yea just trying to mean at least multi tasking should work like what is intended compared to other flagships.. no matter whether is for casual gamer, hardcore gamer or general user. there should not a restricted way of usage due to different habits of users.
