7900 XTX or 4080 Super

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580
Have print screen but cannot capture the amd overlay so I take photo
wow, i didn't even know that :unsure:

Do you mean it hides itself when you capture it?
Yeah it will return to the game screen and disappear
hmm, i can screenshot the overlay no issue when using alt-prtsc (direct save to pictures/screenshots):
KzJ8Qj1.jpg
 

NightRaven49

Master Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
3,742
Reaction score
1,580

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,574
Reaction score
39,054
I can only recommend 2 types of cables I have used and tested that has the least Vdroop. Cablemod ones I had issues with black screen and much higher Vdroop that I did not want to ever use that again.

Only 2 I would recommend if you want to use 12VHPWR :

1. Seasonic Stock PSU Cable.

They just announced they have come out with the 12V-2x6 version which I think AD may provide once you show your receipt for eligible models. I know mine is eligible but might take a while locally before they announce.
You mean local distro will provide?? I got a Vertex that came with the old 12VHPWR cable... but I did not use it as I was using 7900XTX.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,574
Reaction score
39,054
yeah my skill cannot with win 11 and once i use the alt-prtsc this come out (amd newbie) :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 47866
It is the HDR causing the grey out issues, either turn off before taking screenshot or skip the snipping tool by using Alt-Prtscrn lor.. or you can turn off the function.

UoWP76O.png


Then pressing Print Screen by default will capture everything on screen.
 
Last edited:

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
It is the HDR causing the grey out issues, either turn off before taking screenshot or skip the snipping tool by using Alt-Prtscrn lor.. or you can turn off the function.

UoWP76O.png


Then pressing Print Screen by default will capture everything on screen.
Nice tips👍

I use sniping tool alot because 3 reasons

1. More precise screen shot for area I needed
2. It directly save a copy of my screenshot in picture folder
3. I can directly edit and highlights my screenshot.

Now for the game I find the in game photoshoot also quite good.

I will try your method see if I can capture the amd overlay or not.
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,574
Reaction score
39,054
Nice tips👍

I use sniping tool alot because 3 reasons

1. More precise screen shot for area I needed
2. It directly save a copy of my screenshot in picture folder
3. I can directly edit and highlights my screenshot.

Now for the game I find the in game photoshoot also quite good.

I will try your method see if I can capture the amd overlay or not.
Yeah I remember it being very nice tool until I had my HDR monitor then all the issues came out.... :sick:
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
It is the HDR causing the grey out issues, either turn off before taking screenshot or skip the snipping tool by using Alt-Prtscrn lor.. or you can turn off the function.

UoWP76O.png


Then pressing Print Screen by default will capture everything on screen.
thanks it do work nicely. (y)
 

BlackWing1977

Honorary Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
103,574
Reaction score
39,054
Nice tips👍

I use sniping tool alot because 3 reasons

1. More precise screen shot for area I needed
2. It directly save a copy of my screenshot in picture folder
3. I can directly edit and highlights my screenshot.

Now for the game I find the in game photoshoot also quite good.

I will try your method see if I can capture the amd overlay or not.
I actually tried another fix.. which is go into App, find Snipping Tool, Terminate, Repair, Reset and Uninstall. Then you try pressing PrtScrn again and it should still bring up that Snipping Tool despite that you uninstall the app, but no more Greyish Tint. I check from Google the issues seems to be there are 2 copies of Snipping Tool installed.. one from the app store and 1 which is the default Windows one... not sure how to verify this though, but it works.

There is a Screen Snipping App right now under Default App, I guess really got 2 version of apps and the Snipping Tools from Microsoft Store does not work well.

RJlFvFd.png
 

Yongkit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
5,916
Reaction score
2,501
I actually tried another fix.. which is go into App, find Snipping Tool, Terminate, Repair, Reset and Uninstall. Then you try pressing PrtScrn again and it should still bring up that Snipping Tool despite that you uninstall the app, but no more Greyish Tint. I check from Google the issues seems to be there are 2 copies of Snipping Tool installed.. one from the app store and 1 which is the default Windows one... not sure how to verify this though, but it works.

There is a Screen Snipping App right now under Default App, I guess really got 2 version of apps and the Snipping Tools from Microsoft Store does not work well.
very nice and many thanks for sharing, will later try also
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top