小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi ax3000 china version or ax3200 global version is a better buy?

Ax3200 is about $20 cheaper..

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi ax3000 china version or ax3200 global version is a better buy?

Ax3200 is about $20 cheaper..

Where can you buy the AX3200? What is the price?

1) The CPU of the AX3200 Global version is very new -- MediaTek Filogic800 Dual-core A53 1.35GHz CPU. Optimization may be worse.
https://www.mi.com/global/product/xiaomi-router-ax3200/specs
Xiaomi AX3000 has a more mature Qualcomm IPQ5000 CPU.

Both have the same amount of RAM -- 256MB.

2) Wireless spec:
a) XIaomi AX 3000:
2*2 AX 160 MHz on the 5GHz band, max speed 2402Mbps
2*2 AX on the 2.4GHz band, max speed 574Mbps

b) Xiaomi AX3200
2*2 AX 800 MHz on the 5GHz band, max speed 2402Mbps
4*4 802.11n on the 2.4GHz band, max speed 800Mbps

3) Personally between the two I will go with Xiaomi AX3000 unless you need global version (English UI). Most likly global version will have Singtel VLAN support (only useful for Singtel ONT users).

4) But if you can get Xiaomi AX3600 (global version or China version), that will be much better than the two. Xiaomi has discontinued AX3600 so the stocks may be limited and the price goes up.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can you buy the AX3200? What is the price?

1) The CPU of the AX3200 Global version is very new -- MediaTek Filogic800 Dual-core A53 1.35GHz CPU. Optimization may be worse.
https://www.mi.com/global/product/xiaomi-router-ax3200/specs
Xiaomi AX3000 has a more mature Qualcomm IPQ5000 CPU.

Both have the same amount of RAM -- 256MB.

2) Wireless spec:
a) XIaomi AX 3000:
2*2 AX 160 MHz on the 5GHz band, max speed 2402Mbps
2*2 AX on the 2.4GHz band, max speed 574Mbps

b) Xiaomi AX3200
2*2 AX 800 MHz on the 5GHz band, max speed 2402Mbps
4*4 802.11n on the 2.4GHz band, max speed 800Mbps

3) Personally between the two I will go with Xiaomi AX3000 unless you need global version (English UI). Most likly global version will have Singtel VLAN support (only useful for Singtel ONT users).

4) But if you can get Xiaomi AX3600 (global version or China version), that will be much better than the two. Xiaomi has discontinued AX3600 so the stocks may be limited and the price goes up.
Ax3200 is at $70 via carousell. I also checked with the seller and he is selling ax3000 at $79.

I went with ax3200 as it comes with English interface and is able to pair with mi home sg server.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ax3200 is at $70 via carousell. I also checked with the seller and he is selling ax3000 at $79.
I went with ax3200 as it come with English interface and able to pair with my home sg server.

The price of S$70 is very reasonable. It is a good choice. At this price, you can even buy two to form a mesh if one is not good enough. Aliexpress is selling at around US$65.

Do share your experience using the Xiaomi AX3200 global version. For example, please confirm the existence of SingTel VLAN profile.

Xiaomi AX3000 (not Redmi AX3000) China version is selling at RMB349 from official Xiaomi Taobao Flagship store, so S$79 is also very reasonable price.

Edit to add: as I do not use Carousell myself (I do not use Qoo10 and Carousell, only use Lazada/Shopee occasionally). So I do not know how reliable Carousell is.

Last edited:

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received ax3200 from carousell seller in 2 days. Set up using mi home sg server was easy as it come with English interface.

Coverage and speed is good double on wifi/lan connection. Previous router rt-ac1200g+ was slow Not sure about vlan as I'm using m1 for BB.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
config.png

Hi Guys, I've been using the top half for my Singtel Internet profile (vlan10). I was told I need to configure vlan 20 in order to use Singtel TV so I added the second half. Does anybody know if this could work?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've been using the top half for my Singtel Internet profile (vlan10). I was told I need to configure vlan 20 in order to use Singtel TV so I added the second half. Does anybody know if this could work?

I believe you have the Xiaomi AX3600 China version. I am pretty sure your configuration file is not correct but I also do not know the right configuration file to get OpenWRT to work with Singtel ONT and Singtel TV box.

Anyway, I have answered in another thread: easy solution is to flash global FW which has built-in Singtel VLAN profole support.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...using-openwrt-routers-and-singtel-tv.6681637/

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here managed to get Singtel TV working with this router? ONT user here.

Just want to add, he is using global FW which is supposed to have the Singtel VLAN profile but it does not seem to be the case based on the screenshot he provided. Hopefully the owners of Xiaomi AX3600 using Global FW (no matter it is global version or China version) will chime in and help to check.

But one more try from my side based on my experience from the Huawei AX3 global version, which has two places to set up VLAN, one for Internet, one for IPTV. I do not have Xiaomi AX3600 myself .

Set up the VLAN 10 internet first. Then search for the other place for IPTV settings, use VLAN ID 20 and then priority 4, for SingTel TV.

Littlepiglittlepig

Reaction score
I just got a new Xiaomi ax3600 from carousel and it cannot connect to the internet. I.e the light on top is orange. I am using fiber, singtel ONT. I have already plug in the rj45 cable from my ONT box to the wan port in ax3600, but the light still remain orange for ax3600. Does anyone else have this issue or did I buy a spoilt set?
I am not sure if this is China or global firmware. But when I connect to the wireless, the screen is in English and I can select Singapore for my location. So i assume it is global. Also the wireless network is not connected to the internet.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got a new Xiaomi ax3600 from carousel and it cannot connect to the internet. I.e the light on top is orange. I am using fiber, singtel ONT. I have already plug in the rj45 cable from my ONT box to the wan port in ax3600, but the light still remain orange for ax3600. Does anyone else have this issue or did I buy a spoilt set?

If you buy the China set you have to flash the Internation version Firmware in order to use with Singtel ONT (VLAN required).

The China version Firmware does not support Singtel VLAN (you can gain SSH and then enable VLAN but that is more troublesome).

Old guide for VLAN tagging with Chinese FW.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Littlepiglittlepig

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. It should be global firmware as interface is in English. My issue now is I can't connect to the internet , much less getting it to work with Mio TV. Anyone using singtel ONT can share how they got it to work with Xiaomi ax3600?

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. It should be global firmware as interface is in English. My issue now is I can't connect to the internet , much less getting it to work with Mio TV. Anyone using singtel ONT can share how they got it to work with Xiaomi ax3600?

Can you post the screen shot for the Internet setting and IPTV settings? By right there should be Singtel VLAN profile for the global version.

If there is really no built-in Singtel profile, try the following.
Internet VLAN 10 priority 0
Singtel TV VLAN 20 priority 4 (If you have Singtel TV, aka, Mio TV)

Ref: similar discussion in the Xiaomi AX9000 thread (global version as well), user Lighting" got it working in the end.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ming-wi-fi-router-with-wifi-6.6489376/page-10

Littlepiglittlepig

Reaction score
Thanks xiaofan. The only profile is for Poland. I didn't know how to manually set it. Anyway I got refund from the kind seller. I. Just going to get tp link ax90. I had it with Xiaomi routers as they are not being supported.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks xiaofan. The only profile is for Poland. I didn't know how to manually set it. Anyway I got refund from the kind seller. I. Just going to get tp link ax90. I had it with Xiaomi routers as they are not being supported.

I am pretty sure the Xiaomi AX3600 you bought is not local version then, rather it is kind of Eastern European version. Just take note Xiaomi has stopped the production of Xiaomi AX3600 for some time.

From previous videos, The Malaysia/Singapore version (same as local version) has the Singtel (as well as Malaysia ISPs) VLAN profile built-in.

Littlepiglittlepig

Reaction score
What I meant is that I wanted to replace my problematic Asus rt-ac88u router for a few years now. I wanted to get Xiaomi router (for affordable mesh network) and I needed vlan for my Mio TV. I have been searching for ax3600 or hoping for global firmware for ax6600 or ax9000. Finally when I found ax3600 it can't connect to the internet. Which doesnt make sense to me. I would expect the internet to work and then configure settings to get Mio TV to work.

Which Is why I decided to just spend a bit more and get tp link.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I meant is that I wanted to replace my problematic Asus rt-ac88u router for a few years now. I wanted to get Xiaomi router (for affordable mesh network) and I needed vlan for my Mio TV. I have been searching for ax3600 or hoping for global firmware for ax6600 or ax9000. Finally when I found ax3600 it can't connect to the internet. Which doesnt make sense to me. I would expect the internet to work and then configure settings to get Mio TV to work.

Which Is why I decided to just spend a bit more and get tp link.

Yes that is a good decision. TP-Link Archer AX90 should be a fine router. It is kind of higher end triband AX6600 router from TP-Link. And all the TP-Link Archer routers selling in SIngapore will support Singtel VLAN for Singtel ONT users (internet and Singtel TV).

BTW, Xiaomi AX9000 does have local version but the price is on the high side (roughly S$399 to S$499 from online sellers). And it does work with Singtel ONT for internet and Singtel TV as mentioned here.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ming-wi-fi-router-with-wifi-6.6489376/page-10
What I am trying to say is that it is not a good time to buy the Xiaomi AX3600 to use with Singtel ONT (VLAN required) as what you buy will not be the local version -- either China version or other region version. Xiaomi has stopped the production of Xiaomi AX3600.

Last edited:

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought another piece of ax3600 to set up as mesh with my current ax3600.

I noticed that if I do speed test near the router connected to my ont, I can achieve 400+.

However if I do it near to the node, I can only reach close to but never exceed 100.

Both routers are connected thru wired backhaul.

May I know why I cannot achieve more than 100 for my node?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.