Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aircon_citi

Reaction score
My old Condenser do have a tray and water drainage pipe to toilet and it was done by previous owner's installer. It was a old type of setup and nowadays, nobody fit another tray below the Condenser for the water.

To prevent the spread of dengue, nowadays water tray is not allowed to install under the CU anymore...

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From their catalogue, MXY4A28 got total capacity of 7.5kw without current limit and 7.2kw with.
MXY4G28 posted 6.5kw with no elaboration on current limit. Go convert kW to btu and figure.

not bad, lower power and can sell higher price

ranseur

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeated question, can i know is there a major difference on the below Starmex models, i'm looking for System 4 for a 4RM.

MXY-3G28VA
MXY-4G38VA

Thanks in advance.

ranseur

Reaction score
3g is system 3.
4g is system 4.

The model number usually can tell you about the system

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Typo its

MXY-4A28VA:
MXY-4A38VA

Both is system 4 but i just see the price difference are around $500-$700 was wondering whats the difference of this 2 models as i see its about the same for 9k for normal rooms, 18k for Living

Anyone able to advice on this ?

Thanks in advance

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Michelle from Cold Engine just update me that my Silver Envi Aircon just arrived their warehouse!
JPQ9PC5l.jpg

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Typo its

MXY-4A28VA:
MXY-4A38VA

Both is system 4 but i just see the price difference are around $500-$700 was wondering whats the difference of this 2 models as i see its about the same for 9k for normal rooms, 18k for Living

Anyone able to advice on this ?

Thanks in advance
Difference in energy usage, COP, and cooling capacity basically.

yJJNyH2l.png

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Last edited:

Fraancislyc

Reaction score
for 4A28VA suppose to be 28000 btu but nea indicate 7.52kw then the btu output will be 25658 btu.
For 4A38VA suppose to be 38000 btu but nea indicate 9.01kw the the btu output will be 30742 btu.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for 4A28VA suppose to be 28000 btu but nea indicate 7.52kw then the btu output will be 25658 btu.
For 4A38VA suppose to be 38000 btu but nea indicate 9.01kw the the btu output will be 30742 btu.
the number on the models buay zhun one.

the numbers on the model are the 'classification'
not necessarily the actual operational capacity

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the number on the models buay zhun one.

the numbers on the model are the 'classification'
not necessarily the actual operational capacity
got a question,

im currently using a system 2, wanna upgrade to system 3 and am unsure if the electricity is enough.

i checked the HDB website it says my block is Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. So I'm not sure if I need to do extra work on my electricity.
I only got 1 15Amp plug in the room though..

Anyone have any knowledge on this matter?

moozmoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, do you guys put a 2 way c0ck before each fan coil in the room, so that when you diy servicing can use these to suck out the jello stuff from the pipes (nearer to the fan coil)?

Or just suck from drainage pipe is enough liao?

Sent from Meizu MX4 PRO using GAGT

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a question,

im currently using a system 2, wanna upgrade to system 3 and am unsure if the electricity is enough.

i checked the HDB website it says my block is Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. So I'm not sure if I need to do extra work on my electricity.
I only got 1 15Amp plug in the room though..

Anyone have any knowledge on this matter?
I think you have the same situation as me, your flat area might be under upgrading programme by HDB so the power load has not been updated yet.

If you current flat has aircon installed then you can install the aircon without getting approval from HDB.

Sent from Sony E6883 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.