Android TV Box

abyzab

Reaction score
I suspect that Netflix certification requires the lowest minimum specs hardware bc Netflix don't want the box to have space for loading hacking software in the same space. They want your TVBox to be nothing more than just a NetflixBox.

I've wondered why nobody hacked Netflix after so many years.
Nothing is impossible to hack in computer but the harder ones need more space to emulate n spoof user data.
Mecool finally cones out with one Netflix certified box KM2 but its HW spec is no better than Chromecast 2020 and costs higher, so I am not so sure if anyone wants it unless you like the better connectivity.

2021 MECOOL KM2 Collective Netflix Certified Android TV Box Amazon Prime Video Youtube supported 2GB RAM 8GB ROM

https://www.mecoolonline.com/collec...disney-plus-youtube-supported-2gb-ram-8gb-rom

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suspect that Netflix certification requires the lowest minimum specs hardware bc Netflix don't want the box to have space for loading hacking software in the same space. They want your TVBox to be nothing more than just a NetflixBox.
Nothing is impossible to hack in computer but the harder ones need more space to emulate n spoof user data.

It is not about the HW specifications. After all, Nvidia Shield TV also got Netflix Certification.

Mecool previously hacked Netflix and got banned to get official Netflix certification even they wanted to pay.

They finally got the official Netflix certification after so many years.

So far the successful companies are mostly big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Amazon, Nvida, Xiaomi, etc. Or pay TV operators like Starhub. Or TV vendors like Samsung, LG, Xiaomi and TCL.

For smaller China based Android TV Box companies, Mecool (not so small in reality) is the first one to get the certification.

There are other pretty large OEM Android TV box companies which want to pay (eg: Beelink and Minix) but not yet successful.

eauyong

Reaction score

I think Netflix do not require you to have a high end processor (computer or player) to play their movies as the softwares are all residing in the Netflix servers. Even Blue Ray player (Panasonic) with Single core processor can play Full HD 1080P and Dual-Core Processor (Sony 4K 3D Blu-ray Disc Player With Dual Core Processor) can play 4K. Therefore Netflix have total control over their player softwares and by extension all their data (movies).

abyzab

Reaction score
It is not about the HW specifications. After all, Nvidia Shield TV also got Netflix Certification.

Mecool previously hacked Netflix and got banned to get official Netflix certification even they wanted to pay.

They finally got the official Netflix certification after so many years.

So far the successful companies are mostly big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Amazon, Nvida, Xiaomi, etc. Or pay TV operators like Starhub. Or TV vendors like Samsung, LG, Xiaomi and TCL.

For smaller China based Android TV Box companies, Mecool (not so small in reality) is the first one to get the certification.

There are other pretty large OEM Android TV box companies which want to pay (eg: Beelink and Minix) but not yet successful.
Nvidia Shield TV is the exception rather than the rule bc of their graphics market dominance.
Even then only 3GB ram.
Worse of all, in 2019, the new Nvidia Shield TV regressed down to 2GB just when I was waiting for them to upgrade for so long!! WTF is going on?

Of course Netflix don't trust the Chinese companies. I won't either. LOL They have strict laws for humans but close one eye when it comes to ethics. That's why so much scams originated from there. I thought with so much close spying supervision of their bamboo wall, they'll catch these crooks easily. But then who is the bigger crook ; small crooks skilled in shady skills serve a purpose.

abyzab

Reaction score
I think Netflix do not require you to have a high end processor (computer or player) to play their movies as the softwares are all residing in the Netflix servers. Even Blue Ray player (Panasonic) with Single core processor can play Full HD 1080P and Dual-Core Processor (Sony 4K 3D Blu-ray Disc Player With Dual Core Processor) can play 4K. Therefore Netflix have total control over their player softwares and by extension all their data (movies).
Sure, you don't need much HW for Netflix. But having 4GB don't harm either.
Mecool KM6 Deluxe with 4/64GB don't get the Netflix certification of its little brother. LOL

Not that I'm bothered about stupid Netflix certification. But that is holding back the development of cheap Linux boxes and HW in general. WTF 2GB in 2021? My tiny Poco F3 have 8GB FFS.

tmster

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using usb stick drive with their android tv as device storage? I managed to move apps to the usb stick but the loading is really slow. Is this how it is suppose to work or is my usb drive too slow?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using usb stick drive with their android tv as device storage? I managed to move apps to the usb stick but the loading is really slow. Is this how it is suppose to work or is my usb drive too slow?
yes, your usb stick is tooooo slooooooooow.

kenner

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to get a new android tv box. Budget less than $100. Any good recommendations? Thanks in advance.

kenner

Reaction score
mibox s

I think the mecool km2 is better
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Looking at the specs, mecool km2 looks better than mibox s. I'm also considering mecool km6 deluxe as it has a better cpu and more ram and storage, though it doesn't has a native Netflix app. I don't use Netflix so it doesn't really matter.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I have installed some apps on my Mi TV Stick but I noted that they are classified under "System Apps" instead of "Installed Apps".

:s11:

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i need some help.

I bought one cheap KTV microphone (Bluetooth) with built in speakers and can use it very nicely with iPad. I just explored to use it on my Android box, installed the K app but the android box doesn’t seem to recognise the mic and thus no sound recorded and no points.

so i tried screenmirror directly from my iPad, but then the app mirros both the video and the song sound to the TV, leaving my mic function on the mic only... anybody knows how to JUST mirror the screen to TV but still keep the sound on the mic speakers (Bluetooth from phone)..

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Currently owning beelink gt king n decided to go for an upgrade? Any recommendations? Price doesn't matter but won't go for shield.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently owning beelink gt king n decided to go for an upgrade? Any recommendations? Price doesn't matter but won't go for shield.

Then no point upgrade already as Beelink GT King is still very good unless you need Netflix HD. In case you need 4k Netflix, buy the Google Chromecast 2020 as the complmentary set (not an upgrade).

Wondering why not Nvidia Shield TV?

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Then no point upgrade already as Beelink GT King is still very good unless you need Netflix HD. In case you need 4k Netflix, buy the Google Chromecast 2020 as the complmentary set (not an upgrade).

Wondering why not Nvidia Shield TV?
The internal memory. I like to install apps for gaming, download modded games etc. The root status, cause it gives me the freedom to make the box how i like it. I may be future proofing my set up by getting an atmos tv n soundbar

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.