Anyone regret getting iPhone X?

Nights

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
4
Not good, it gets very hot. Anyone else feel the same?
I'm comparing to 6S Plus, I can play for an hour and the phone doesn't heat up but iPhone X heat up in 5 min. (Playing indoor)

What game are you playing? I played King’s Raid for 1 hour plus. The phone feel about the same as iPhone 7plus. Both phone use same game setting lowest graphic. iPhone X get hottest during my initial setup. Charge, transfer data then follow by charging & downloading all the apps and games.
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
What game are you playing? I played King’s Raid for 1 hour plus. The phone feel about the same as iPhone 7plus. Both phone use same game setting lowest graphic. iPhone X get hottest during my initial setup. Charge, transfer data then follow by charging & downloading all the apps and games.

Why are u playing lowest graphic on the 'best' phone of Apple? Lol
Pokemon Go is the fastest to heat up. It gets to a temperature I would stop, remove my case and cool it down. (Didn't turn on AR/camera, use indoor not under the sun)
Mobile legend also heats up the phone, not as bad but I feel the heat faster compared to my older phone.
Final Fantasy, it's about the same as mobile legends
Even taking photos or using the animoji heat up the phone easily
 

icheb

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
35
I'm loving the my iPhone X so far. Love the screen! I still need to get used to True Tone effects. Initially when I held the phone, it felt like a downgrade, coz it feels almost like holding a non-plus iPhone.
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
yes coz in the long run regardless of new features you would still feel the screen viewing size is really small.

I would give it 1-2 months maybe, if ill get for my own usage.. for 2 days was observing from diff shops trying it out. had 2 sets. plan to let go of one and use the other but end up sold them both. Lol



if the screen is long, plus users will find it small.

coming from experience owning a S8, which also sports a 5.8 inch screen with long ratios. I find it smaller than the iphone plus.

yes width is important too, if screen goes too long, no matter how large the screen is, also will look small.

now back to using ip8+, i m glad my screen is huge, effective use area is exact 5.5 inch. What i wonder is if ipx effective use screen is 5.8. I doubt so even when apps is optimised. Even apps is optimised i guess effective use screen is 5.5 - 5.6

that’s part of reason why i holding my purchase of ipx... don’t want to regret the same way as i regret with S8.

If there is one reason which i want to change to X, that will be face id. But i guess matured time to change is 2018 new iphone release.
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Coming from 7 plus to X, I actually appreciate the smaller form factor, it’s not so unwieldy to hold in one hand and feels more agile. Not to mention it looks better too!
 

jeff119

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
2,877
Reaction score
22
My screen looks yellowish head on. (Night Shift, True Tone all off)
Is it normal?
In fact, it look more normal at an angle. =.=
 

icheb

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
35
Coming from 7 plus to X, I actually appreciate the smaller form factor, it’s not so unwieldy to hold in one hand and feels more agile. Not to mention it looks better too!


I agree! I dont have to rely so much on reachability now. I can now reach more parts of the screen with a single thumb.
 

icheb

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
35
I sometimes still unconsciously press the bottom portion of the iphone X, expecting a button there. :D:D:D
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Depend on each usage pattern. Some will miss it, some will not miss it.
 

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
Thoughts after using for a day

Face ID works better than i expected. in the dark, with my specs on (even though i registered it without specs). very smooth esp when jumping into apps right after tapping the notification on lockscreen. only thing is morning wake up due to the orientation, cannot unlock phone as fast.

form factor is awesome. miss typing in one hand. compact in the pocket as well. coming from 7+ . muscle memory, kept swiping up the control centre.

the notch is not as irritating as reported. but we lose out when viewing videos. default got two black bars. double tap and it zoom in.

batt life is above average, lasted whole day unitl 10 mins ago 7% bo bian go charge. this one lose to 7+.

overall pretty satisfied with the X. not much of a learning curve either.
 

Pherenike

Master Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
3,038
Reaction score
488
I tried using Apple Pay today - didn't know you had to double click on the side button before FaceID can be activated. Seems like one extra step compared to using TouchID to verify.. Anyone knows if I disable the double click function to activate Wallet, can I bypass the double click when making payment?
 

jordanlah

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
506
Reaction score
0
Just upgraded to iPhone X from iPhone 7plus....

Likes:
- edge to edge display is immersive
- Form factor is super for screen size trade off
- Face ID works very very well, I like especially the hidden previews until you are looking at the phone
- Swipe Gestures for home button replacement is sleek and smooth, and in most cases would be faster than having to lift your finger to go home button and lift to go back to screen function
- Front and Back cameras are very good upgrades
- Can unlock phone when my hands are wet especially after exercising!

Dislikes:
- OLED blue casts at angles and more obvious in horizontal (can't imagine the more inferior screens in Android phones)
- Apps not optimized yet - that's why a lot of people are saying the iphone X screen is "smaller" than 7plus - because of black letter boxing
- miss touch ID in some cases, like when phone is flat on table
- Glass backing looks good, but slippery, so must put case, so no more nice looking. :p
- OS still a bit buggy - was on a speaker phone call this morning, could not swipe home to access other apps - no physical button to press to overwrite.


Btw, I found a situation where Face ID would always fail, much like wet hands situation in Touch ID. I was buying Tori Q and standing next to the glass display where they kept the meat warm, and I think the Infra Red heating elements affects FaceID. I had to pull the phone a lot closer to the face to work.

Hope that's helpful. :)
 

camoguysg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
19,102
Reaction score
3,707
My screen looks yellowish head on. (Night Shift, True Tone all off)
Is it normal?
In fact, it look more normal at an angle. =.=

I have the same issue. Head on looks yellowish but at an angle it looks clear
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top