Anyone use TD Ameritrade?

lightforx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
I've just registered and awaiting confirmation.

I noticed that it defaults to Margin Account registration.
Is there an option for Cash Account?
 

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
39,360
Reaction score
4,358
I've just registered and awaiting confirmation.

I noticed that it defaults to Margin Account registration.
Is there an option for Cash Account?

Juz dont use more than your own deposited cash amount is best.

Sent from me using GAGT
 

pokkacoffee

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2012
Messages
857
Reaction score
2
I've just registered and awaiting confirmation.

I noticed that it defaults to Margin Account registration.
Is there an option for Cash Account?

Same. mine is also default margin account. Was looking for the option to change to cash account to avoid pdt rule.
 

lightforx

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
PDT = Pattern Day Trade.
Restriction on Margin Accounts unless you have >25k.

I'm writing to them to ask about the cash account or at least how that works in the system.
 

F1ngolf2012

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
676
Who want share the referral rebate (50/50)? Pls pm me the referral link
Hi, your inbox is full. So can't PM you my response to your question. Anw, below is my reply on funding:

The lowest cost (free) is via posting a local bank USD cheque (if you already have USD) to TDA SG office. However, this would take a week+ before you see the fund credited in your account. The next should be via DBS which takes 2 days.
 

cajoled

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi, am looking to create a new acct with TD. Let me know your referral code; looking to split the bonus 50/50, thx!
 

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
36,811
Reaction score
6
I believe you have to send USD to TD. So the conversion happens before your funds hit TDA.

TDA doesn't understand any currency other than USD.

not worth the hassle in my view, given that IBKR already charges very low fees for US stocks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top