Apple Watch Series 4

inmyopinion

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2018
Messages
16,775
Reaction score
7,471
Updated both phone and watch to the latest official firmware too.
When I put my finger on the digital crown, the heart logo appears on the watch, but nothing happens.

Anyone encountered a similar problem?

Are you using any waterproof case?

You only need to place your finger on the crown. It will start measuring.
 

NightFalcon8

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
2,544
Reaction score
1
Are you using any waterproof case?

You only need to place your finger on the crown. It will start measuring.

No, not screen protector even. I placed my finger on the crown, the heart gif continues to play. No countdown, nothing. Tried with various fingers and positions.
 

NightFalcon8

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
2,544
Reaction score
1
I believed you have set up the health app on your iPhone.
https://support.apple.com/ar-ae/HT208955

Just asking, did you try restart both iPhone & AW?

Yes, I went through the article several times to see if I have missed out any part. Already tried restarting both iPhone & AW. Still doesn't work. Looks like I've to make a trip to the Apple Store and see if they can enlighten me.
 

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
Updated both phone and watch to the latest official firmware too.
When I put my finger on the digital crown, the heart logo appears on the watch, but nothing happens.

Anyone encountered a similar problem?
local set for apple watch?

cos hwz news specifically say this liner:

It’s been a long wait but the ECG function will finally be enabled on Series 4 Apple Watches purchased in Singapore via a watchOS and iOS update.

perhaps watch models bought overseas will have issues?
 

NightFalcon8

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
2,544
Reaction score
1
Purchased from Apple Store Orchard. Called Apple Support and apparently it seems the watch needs to be repaired.


local set for apple watch?

cos hwz news specifically say this liner:

It’s been a long wait but the ECG function will finally be enabled on Series 4 Apple Watches purchased in Singapore via a watchOS and iOS update.

perhaps watch models bought overseas will have issues?
 

cstanhwz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
267
Purchased from Apple Store Orchard. Called Apple Support and apparently it seems the watch needs to be repaired.

Oh my...all AW4 bought in SG since last year until now, nobody can test the ECG.

So it means that the unit you have was faulty? Maybe from beginning already faulty? :eek:
 

NightFalcon8

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
2,544
Reaction score
1
Yes, I suspect it was already a lemon set since I bought it but since the feature was only available yesterday, I only got to test it after using for almost 10 months. Very appalling indeed!

Oh my...all AW4 bought in SG since last year until now, nobody can test the ECG.

So it means that the unit you have was faulty? Maybe from beginning already faulty? :eek:
 

cstanhwz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
267
Yes, I suspect it was already a lemon set since I bought it but since the feature was only available yesterday, I only got to test it after using for almost 10 months. Very appalling indeed!

Then I better update for my Dad and test it soon.

Hope you get your repaired soon too. :)
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Has anyone gotten a fuzzy ECG plot? Recorded mine while I was watching something on my Mac. It’s a sinus rhythm but the lines are fuzzy.

Took it again after I mute my show and the lines appear normal.

Do surrounding noises affect the graph?
 

cstanhwz

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
3,412
Reaction score
267
Has anyone gotten a fuzzy ECG plot? Recorded mine while I was watching something on my Mac. It’s a sinus rhythm but the lines are fuzzy.

Took it again after I mute my show and the lines appear normal.

Do surrounding noises affect the graph?

What were you watching on your Mac? :D

Think to take an accurate reading, you are supposed to feel relax in mind and body. Try to rest for 5 minutes then take the reading.
 

inmyopinion

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2018
Messages
16,775
Reaction score
7,471
Has anyone gotten a fuzzy ECG plot? Recorded mine while I was watching something on my Mac. It’s a sinus rhythm but the lines are fuzzy.

Took it again after I mute my show and the lines appear normal.

Do surrounding noises affect the graph?

Move away from any electronics that are plugged into an outlet to avoid electrical interference.
Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208955
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
Is below 50bpm really inaccurate? For 30s it’s less than 25 sampling, is 25 not enough? Couldn’t they extend the duration just to get enough ratings. If I sit down and take always cannot give result. Have to stand up to do ecg test. Haiz. Not very smart
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top