Cryogenist
Senior Member
- Joined
- Jun 12, 2005
- Messages
- 1,755
- Reaction score
- 105
feel like getting a bicycle now
What's stopping you?

feel like getting a bicycle now
![]()
jin satki, now mountain bike also got upside down suspension fork liao motorcycle. FOr motorcycle, usually only performance/sports motorcycle then have.
Wonder how it performs for mountain bike? Theoretically, performance should be better.
Anybody here uses this?



From what I read its supposed to make the fork smoother especially for small bumps cuz of the upside down design. The oil can flow down due to gravity and keep the seals lubricated better so it sticks less.I am not sure if this design allows mud to be easier sprayed onto the stanchions because it is much much lower than the traditional design and as a result getting scratch easier with the suspension movements? Or it doesn't matter as mud gets sprayed everywhere anyway.![]()
![]()
jin satki, now mountain bike also got upside down suspension fork liao motorcycle. FOr motorcycle, usually only performance/sports motorcycle then have.
Wonder how it performs for mountain bike? Theoretically, performance should be better.
Anybody here uses this?
![]()
jin satki, now mountain bike also got upside down suspension fork liao motorcycle. FOr motorcycle, usually only performance/sports motorcycle then have.
Wonder how it performs for mountain bike? Theoretically, performance should be better.
Anybody here uses this?
Is it worth to spend $100 every year to maintain a $800 hardtail mtb?
Any recommendations for someone who is reliable in servicing at good rates? Better still if can provide free pickup / delivery.
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
But my bike quite cheapo. Deore + xt rd.Maintenance is always worth it.![]()
Quite a few looking to buy bikes. Actually i feel like selling my hardtail mtb then buy another bike, maybe roadbike or foldie
For me I just service myself by watching YouTube videos since its a cheap bike. Damage the components also not too expensive to replace. Nowadays with YouTube, it is easy to learn alot of things. Only those that require specialised tools then I go to lbs to do if needed. So far I haven't damaged any of the components that I have worked on.Is it worth to spend $100 every year to maintain a $800 hardtail mtb?
Any recommendations for someone who is reliable in servicing at good rates? Better still if can provide free pickup / delivery.
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
IMO for full bike service is worth it,save the time and effort to do yourself especially when don't have the correct tools.Is it worth to spend $100 every year to maintain a $800 hardtail mtb?
Any recommendations for someone who is reliable in servicing at good rates? Better still if can provide free pickup / delivery.
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
I think mtbs used to have these kind of forks in the late 90s or early to mid 2000s.. Maybe ask a trusted shop mechanic, or a few, what he thinks about these kind of forks. That way, you'll avoid being confused by marketing talk.![]()
Is it worth to spend $100 every year to maintain a $800 hardtail mtb?
Any recommendations for someone who is reliable in servicing at good rates? Better still if can provide free pickup / delivery.
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
For me I just service myself by watching YouTube videos since its a cheap bike. Damage the components also not too expensive to replace. Nowadays with YouTube, it is easy to learn alot of things. Only those that require specialised tools then I go to lbs to do if needed. So far I haven't damaged any of the components that I have worked on.
As for the fork, I just change when needed. Since my first hardtail came with a cheapo suntour fork, I just by from taobao and change the fork regularly. The fork+shipping around $50 even if ship by air. Lol. Tested and it seems to be genuine and performs even better than the stock one since they got new model every year.
Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
I also got 2. The other is vintage bike, my wife one but i also rideRoad bike for speed, foldie for convenience. MTB for trails.
Have your pick.
Most of my cycling friends have at least two types of bikes. e.g. Brompton and road bike, MTB and foldie, or MTB and road bike.
maybe 30-37, i hope to make it back by 1 am so maybe two breaks ?What time start? What speed.
I also got 2. The other is vintage bike, my wife one but i also ride
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
WA u again... need to get approval.maybe 30-37, i hope to make it back by 1 am so maybe two breaks ?

