Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,577
Reaction score
1,255
I saw in lcsg, someone post a new bike cafe opening at seletar soon. Hope no overprice and wannabe like wheelers yard.
 

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
83,918
Reaction score
13,643
I saw in lcsg, someone post a new bike cafe opening at seletar soon. Hope no overprice and wannabe like wheelers yard.

the soek seng 1954 ah? think its just another poseur cafe like wheelers yard. :o
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Does anybody know of an LBS that deals with Cane Creek components? I need to replace a brake lever and I guess from there it's going to be bar taping and cable replacement too. Thanks.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,222
Reaction score
3,691
Does anybody know of an LBS that deals with Cane Creek components? I need to replace a brake lever and I guess from there it's going to be bar taping and cable replacement too. Thanks.
Chinatown that shop called what liao? The one selling many merida bikes. They carry cane creek suspension seat post but dunno have the brake lever or not. Should give them a call first.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
Does anybody know of an LBS that deals with Cane Creek components? I need to replace a brake lever and I guess from there it's going to be bar taping and cable replacement too. Thanks.

Hup Leong at Chin Swee
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Correct. I was referring to Hup leong.

Wow...you and VD have really good memories.

I know the shop and their service is pretty good.

I am looking at a full workover I think. Levers, bar tape, cabling/housing, and pads. Sheesh! :(
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,222
Reaction score
3,691
Is looking "pro" a factor for u guys? I think i am moving to that direction.

Given limited resource, which should i do first? Service my 9mths old mtb, buy a MET helmet to replace aleoca one, or change to cleat system? (Looks ugly with running shoes)

Where can i possibly test cleats before buying? Will significantly add more weights to my already heavy mtb?

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:

VD

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,240
Reaction score
2
that is something personal, I thought u meant by wearing full gear, body armour, guards :p
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
For eg people see my aleoca helmet already turned off

Going ape on you in a sec...

WT bleep do you care about what other people think? Are you some sort of woman in a misogynistic country such as Saudi Arabia?

Take no notice of them and ride off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top