macpork
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Sep 12, 2010
- Messages
- 13,375
- Reaction score
- 0

check to make sure the components are correctly/accurate from the ads? check for scratches (if it brand new then it shouldnt have any scratches or sign of usage).
getting components from online is definitely cheaper, even if u include the tax and even if you are unlucky to get tax for gst.
CRC have regular free shipping or free shipping above 130 pounds. Do compare prices among the different online stores, CRC may not be always the cheapest place.
where else can I hunt for new components online? Amazon pricings seem reasonable to me as well. I am also too lazy to browse through too many websites.
always take advantage of forex, now eur is extremely low, but most germany site need to pay shipping.where else can I hunt for new components online? Amazon pricings seem reasonable to me as well. I am also too lazy to browse through too many websites.
bulk means buying more than 10 pieces at one go. no need to factor in gst when its below 400 sgd.When buying used groupset for drivetrain without crankset, what are the things to check with other party and what / how to examine the items?
Am also considering new components from CRC. Not sure whether to change the existing chainring.
SadisticNoob, do we save a lot when we buying together in bulk? Have to factor in GST?
Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
This is my gear ratio:
For 20 X 1.25 tire with 130mm cranks
Cog\Crk 52t
11t ---- 8.5
12t ---- 7.8
14t ---- 6.7
16t ---- 5.8
18t ---- 5.2
21t ---- 4.5
24t ---- 3.9
28t ---- 3.3
32t ---- 2.9
Most of the time I use:
- 28t or 24t for upslope
- 24t or 21t when stationary
- 18t or 16t on pavement
- 14t or 12t when cruising at my comfortable high speed
I haven't used 11t yet because the drivetrain got some noise, dunno caused by what. But I think it may come in handy for downslope or when I want to max out my speed. However, I am not very comfortable with high speed on a foldie since it is rather unstable. Can send me flying if not careful, esp on road.
I am probably getting these:
a) Shimano Zee 10spd shifter + rd
b) 105 or XT cassette
c) 10 speed chain
My concerns:
Cassette
1) Any difference between mtb and road bike cassette? Do I have to be concern about my existing system whether it is freewheel or freehub etc? And whether road bike cassette is compatible with Zee rd?
2) If I use road bike cassette, I will probably get 11t - 28t. Will this be too limiting when climbing slope since I only have a 52t chainring?
Chainring:
1) Do I need to change the existing chainring in order to be compatible with the 10 speed chain or the Zee rd?
2) If I need to change chainring, what size would you recommend, and the corresponding cassette range?
Others:
1) Should I be concern with the length of crank? Standard 20" foldie using this crank length?
they were doing about 31-33 all the way. only last part at ecp started doing 36 or so. not difficult considering i am using 20x1.0 tiresWhen I draft behind road bikes, i can roll about 30kmh easily over whole stretch of west coast road but to get an average speed of 28kmh means you need to roll at least 35-36kmh.![]()
How do u make use of forexalways take advantage of forex, now eur is extremely low, but most germany site need to pay shipping.
as for usd its a little too high for mine liking
bulk means buying more than 10 pieces at one go. no need to factor in gst when its below 400 sgd.
crc prices are much cheaper than local prices
think your crank length sala, mine comes with 170mm crank.
1. yours is defintely freehub (above 8 speeds) no of speeds should technically be matching
2. i'm planning to use a larger chainring around 60t so that i do not neeed to use the extremes of the cassette like im using now
3.
they were doing about 31-33 all the way. only last part at ecp started doing 36 or so. not difficult considering i am using 20x1.0 tires
See your cc card normallyHow do u make use of forex
Open an American Express Bank Ac and bank in Usd ?
Sent from sent from siao lang keng ward 69 using GAGT
always take advantage of forex, now eur is extremely low, but most germany site need to pay shipping.
as for usd its a little too high for mine liking
bulk means buying more than 10 pieces at one go. no need to factor in gst when its below 400 sgd.
crc prices are much cheaper than local prices
think your crank length sala, mine comes with 170mm crank.
1. yours is defintely freehub (above 8 speeds) no of speeds should technically be matching
2. i'm planning to use a larger chainring around 60t so that i do not neeed to use the extremes of the cassette like im using now
where else can I hunt for new components online? Amazon pricings seem reasonable to me as well. I am also too lazy to browse through too many websites.

digdub's bike the top tube like more slanted than batman's (and mine).. why ah? noob here..Just registered for Bike Rally 168km! Registration opened about 4 min ago.
Anyway, bike ride with Digdub last night.
![]()
don't literally fly off the bike can alreadyFeel very light when cycling crius. Totally different from my aleoca.Simply unbelievable!
Feel like flying!
![]()
This bike very easy to wheelie. I almost fell when i almost wheelie it for 2 secs during a cornering.Feel very light when cycling crius. Totally different from my aleoca.Simply unbelievable!
Feel like flying!
![]()
digdub's bike the top tube like more slanted than batman's (and mine).. why ah? noob here..
Feel very light when cycling crius. Totally different from my aleoca.Simply unbelievable!
Feel like flying!
![]()

Feel very light when cycling crius. Totally different from my aleoca.Simply unbelievable!
Feel like flying!
![]()

He will not get fling but a flungWait til you change tyres and groupset.
You will literally fly off the road.![]()