dareaper
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- May 22, 2003
- Messages
- 7,595
- Reaction score
- 274
I believe the developers would have considered their pricing very thoroughly. Hindsight is 20/20 but demand forecasting is not the easiest thing to do.I would say 80% sold over a week is very impressive. But is that what is good for the buyers?
A project which sells 30%-50% on launch weekend instead would allow developers to increase pricing over the remaining units over time. This forms the ‘uptrend’ everyone looks at (historical psf). And gives future buyers an added confidence in the project. My 2 cents.
There's always flipsides to leaving too much unsold inventory after the launch weekend. Maybe the developers foresee cooling measures coming soon? Considering that CHP is already at an average of 3K psf, I don't think there are many new launches at the same or higher PSF over the next 2-3 years that can "help" CHP revise their price upwards.

