筍盤來了!!!Canninghill Piers

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
vibes in CHP are good though its in RCR. Personally i dont see it as RCR or CCR issue, but the locale. If project like CHP is nicely located in a residential enclave, then the zone matter to a lesser extent for buyer.

by the way dont assume every buyer purchase property to make money and thats the best-in-class outcome, some purchase for own stay so quality of life matters, others have high HH income or net worth and doesnt depend on real estate to be a high growth asset, at best an inflationary hedge. in today's term how is $200-300K return over 4y an astronomical amount? for condo owners where median HH income is $19K per month, the gain over 4y is considered low in comparison.

So while resale performance is importance, there are other factors which matter more to upgraders, can be near parents or school etc, which is a need. Resale performance, while good to have, is just a want.

Of course to investors this may differ, but then if they are willing to pay ABSD, resale performance probably matter less.

We should be a good sport and acknowledge good results when its due, no one gets it right 100% of time, including me, it reflects alot on one's character too. 2021 has ended and performance is for all to see, NP, Midwood, DFR and ASR defied expectations and did real well, while LM, Riverie, the few HV projects, and Hau maybe less ideal. Please dont tell me in a seller's market anything also can sell, apparently this is not true.

###

Exactly. I am never one to draw lines about RCR and ccr etc, as I have seen prices crossed over, but trust me, there are such people.

I can only tell what projects I will and will not buy. Of course, as in my point 1 in post #1808, what I will not buy does not mean others will not...as feeling of vibes etc very subjective...

Form my posts above (since this is a CHP post) you can see I do appreciate this project..





###
 

sellipad2

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
1,201
###

Exactly. I am never one to draw lines about RCR and ccr etc, as I have seen prices crossed over, but trust me, there are such people.

I can only tell what projects I will and will not buy. Of course, as in my point 1 in post #1808, what I will not buy does not mean others will not...as feeling of vibes etc very subjective...

Form my posts above (since this is a CHP post) you can see I do appreciate this project..





###
i will probably say RCR and CCR etc shouldnt be taken as first primary consideration, but if all things are equal and there is nothing else to compare, then doesnt hurt to check out the districts or zoning though RCR and CCR is blurring fast, using it as primary filter may cause one to miss out on opportunities.

But OCR vs CCR will have some difference, time taken to drive from west coast to orchard is so different compared to driving from Prince charles crescent or Jervois
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
vibes in CHP are good though its in RCR. Personally i dont see it as RCR or CCR issue, but the locale. If project like CHP is nicely located in a residential enclave, then the zone matter to a lesser extent for buyer.

by the way dont assume every buyer purchase property to make money and thats the best-in-class outcome, some purchase for own stay so quality of life matters, others have high HH income or net worth and doesnt depend on real estate to be a high growth asset, at best an inflationary hedge. in today's term how is $200-300K return over 4y an astronomical amount? for condo owners where median HH income is $19K per month, the gain over 4y is considered low in comparison.

So while resale performance is importance, there are other factors which matter more to upgraders, can be near parents or school etc, which is a need. Resale performance, while good to have, is just a want.

Of course to investors this may differ, but then if they are willing to pay ABSD, resale performance probably matter less.

We should be a good sport and acknowledge good results when its due, no one gets it right 100% of time, including me, it reflects alot on one's character too. 2021 has ended and performance is for all to see, NP, Midwood, DFR and ASR defied expectations and did real well, while LM, Riverie, the few HV projects, and Hau maybe less ideal. Please dont tell me in a seller's market anything also can sell, apparently this is not true.
While I recognise the fact some bought due to lifestyle reason/personal needs, I do not think majority of the buyers do not care about the resale performance and exit strategy of their property. Property is one of the biggest ticket item that took many ordinary folks to save for years before realising their dreams.
At least 9 out of 10 whom I knew are constantly monitoring how their property has fared in resale market. I do not believe most pple (even 19k HH owners) r so satki and totally indifferent to their 300k gain after TOP. :o
If majority only buy without an exit strategy in mind, then basically there’s no need to have this forum to compare and discuss different projects.
Go google any YouTube videos on property and u will get to see reviews/ratings on entry price, location and exit strategy for different projects including stackhome. I don’t want to act phoney and pretend everything is fine if I get to see my property having a hard time selling just because I buy due to Fomo or lack of adequate research done. And because of that, trying to console myself that I will feel better if I treat it as a self stay unit forever etc. Its not going to work that way.
There is obviously vast difference betw a seller’s and a buyer’s market. In a buyer’s market, Florence, affinity, gardens, Daintree, midwood, DFR, SKG obviously did not sell well initially. Even jadescape has difficulty moving its unit when selling alongside with park colonial, Stirling and Parc esta. Theres a period where Jadescape even has to come up with some discounts to move units.
Come 2020/2021, suddenly Florence, midwood, SKG Daintree, jadescape all selling like hot cakes. remember, these r the projects where most buyers avoid them like plague in 2019.

Property forum has always been one of the most sexciting place to see fierce debate, aggressive defending and quarrels. And it all summaries in just 3 words “personal vested interest” and owner’s “stake in it”
 
Last edited:

sellipad2

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
1,201
While I recognise the fact some bought due to lifestyle reason/personal needs, I do not think majority of the buyers do not care about the resale performance and exit strategy of their property. Property is one of the biggest ticket item that took many ordinary folks to save for years before realising their dreams.
At least 9 out of 10 whom I knew are constantly monitoring how their property has fared in resale market. I do not believe most pple (even 19k HH owners) r so satki and totally indifferent to their 300k gain after TOP. :o
If majority only buy without an exit strategy in mind, then basically there’s no need to have this forum to compare and discuss different projects.
Go google any YouTube videos on property and u will get to see reviews/ratings on entry price, location and exit strategy for different projects including stackhome. I don’t want to act phoney and pretend everything is fine if I get to see my property having a hard time selling just because I buy due to Fomo or lack of adequate research done. And because of that, trying to console myself that I will feel better if I treat it as a self stay unit forever etc. Its not going to work that way.
There is obviously vast difference betw a seller’s and a buyer’s market. In a buyer’s market, Florence, affinity, gardens, Daintree, midwood, DFR, SKG obviously did not sell well initially. Even jadescape has difficulty moving its unit when selling alongside with park colonial, Stirling and Parc esta. Theres a period where Jadescape even has to come up with some discounts to move units.
Come 2021, suddenly Florence, midwood, SKG Daintree, jadescape all selling like hot cakes. remember, these r the projects where most buyers avoid them like plague in 2019.

Property forum has always been one of the most sexciting place to see fierce debate, aggressive defending and quarrels. And it all summaries in just 3 words “personal vested interest” and owner’s “stake in it”
hm its a valid point, i am not defending any project in particular but its a fact that those projects have sold well today, if you think those projects are undeserving of their performance, then by the same argument i have to say sorry for the owners of Hau, Riverie etc because they cant even move in a sellers' market.

Having said so i wont say they are destined to fail because a project that underperforms as a new launch may do well in resale due to change in URA masterplan, launch of a white site or SERS which revitalize surrounding development, just like how the projects you cited reversed their performance when market heats up. For all we know this may be the new floor and we will never see an OCR project at $1.7k psf again, and what past is past one should not be trapped by past legacy, just like some who still stick to old demarcation of CCR vs RCR

For me i prefer to compare projects ceteris paribus in current state of time, else we can further extend the time horizon to 10 years and similarly debate any resale that underperforms on TOP may do a recovery with a longer time horizon, because i have seen many projects that did a N or U curve.

End of day just want to say NP, ASR etc not as bad lah, at least early buyers are sitting on paper gains with all the price increase. i browsed through some of the old threads and surprised at the arguments there..life is already so serious offline, didnt know it can get so serious online
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
hm its a valid point, i am not defending any project in particular but its a fact that those projects have sold well today, if you think those projects are undeserving of their performance, then by the same argument i have to say sorry for the owners of Hau, Riverie etc because they cant even move in a sellers' market.

Having said so i wont say they are destined to fail because a project that underperforms as a new launch may do well in resale due to change in URA masterplan, launch of a white site or SERS which revitalize surrounding development, just like how the projects you cited reversed their performance when market heats up. For all we know this may be the new floor and we will never see an OCR project at $1.7k psf again, and what past is past one should not be trapped by past legacy, just like some who still stick to old demarcation of CCR vs RCR

For me i prefer to compare projects ceteris paribus in current state of time, else we can further extend the time horizon to 10 years and similarly debate any resale that underperforms on TOP may do a recovery with a longer time horizon, because i have seen many projects that did a N or U curve.

End of day just want to say NP, ASR etc not as bad lah, at least early buyers are sitting on paper gains with all the price increase. i browsed through some of the old threads and surprised at the arguments there..life is already so serious offline, didnt know it can get so serious online

###

Property is a really serious biz you know...most of the time discussing 6-7 digits... not like buying spectacles..

🤣🤣🤣



%##
 

sellipad2

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
1,201
###

Property is a really serious biz you know...most of the time discussing 6-7 digits... not like buying spectacles..

🤣🤣🤣



%##
i always thought forum is for fun, didnt know there is so much animosity here. if it gets too negative then there is no fun anymore
 

bujingyun82

Senior Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
2,458
Reaction score
1,176
i always thought forum is for fun, didnt know there is so much animosity here. if it gets too negative then there is no fun anymore

people here can hide behind their nicks without revealing their identities.. nothing much to lose. This kind of set up you usually see more animosity. Nothing to be unexpected. Part of parcel of the game.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
###

Property is a really serious biz you know...most of the time discussing 6-7 digits... not like buying spectacles..

🤣🤣🤣



%##
Yes, property purchase is serious biz. Buying the right property can save u at least 10-20 years no need to bootlick your boss and can retire comfortably. :o
the way u talk to ur boss is also different, :o
 

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2003
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
274
the truth is most people here already placed their bets, and are just passing time to bicker online cos no new launches recently and nothing better to do until SSD is up :o
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
i always thought forum is for fun, didnt know there is so much animosity here. if it gets too negative then there is no fun anymore

####

I mean we can have fun like joking around...but I don’t see a point Apple-polishing products I will not buy or trying to boot-lick others properties... I just speak my mind lor...but again everyone is free to decide for themselves, this is an adult forum...I hope... some PG Materials around🤣🤣

###
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Qns: What’s wrong for being candid?
Ans: 200 over pages triggered in NP thread.


Hmm…That’s life :o
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
the truth is most people here already placed their bets, and are just passing time to bicker online cos no new launches recently and nothing better to do until SSD is up :o

####

You are corect. Most of these Properties, I have no vested interest, so no point trying to pretend that all properties are good.

Like CHP, I was not surprised with take up rate as it is a good product

But hor..some of the not so good ones, I am really really surprised...therefore, need to wait till resale/subsale to convince myself the product is not as bad as I thought to be...

Again, I am not always right... the more I Guess and check the results, the more sure I can be when I next select...

###
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
What's so good about NP ah? I think it's so so only lei
funny when some commented on marina one R resale at 2kpsf as ghost town, but it seems like many had forgotten NP surrounding is also like a ghost town on weekend and it’s commanding near 2kpsf. Pending 5% increase some more.
Don’t ask me why, I also dunno :(
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
hm its a valid point, i am not defending any project in particular but its a fact that those projects have sold well today, if you think those projects are undeserving of their performance, then by the same argument i have to say sorry for the owners of Hau, Riverie etc because they cant even move in a sellers' market.

Having said so i wont say they are destined to fail because a project that underperforms as a new launch may do well in resale due to change in URA masterplan, launch of a white site or SERS which revitalize surrounding development, just like how the projects you cited reversed their performance when market heats up. For all we know this may be the new floor and we will never see an OCR project at $1.7k psf again, and what past is past one should not be trapped by past legacy, just like some who still stick to old demarcation of CCR vs RCR

For me i prefer to compare projects ceteris paribus in current state of time, else we can further extend the time horizon to 10 years and similarly debate any resale that underperforms on TOP may do a recovery with a longer time horizon, because i have seen many projects that did a N or U curve.

End of day just want to say NP, ASR etc not as bad lah, at least early buyers are sitting on paper gains with all the price increase. i browsed through some of the old threads and surprised at the arguments there..life is already so serious offline, didnt know it can get so serious online
Yes, It’s the same reasoning, while some feel NP and ASR r not that bad, there r also quite a lot who feels these 2 projects r overpriced and not near to mrt/amenities. These r valid concerns and I feel everyone is entitled to their opinions.

For me, I don’t usually compare projects in the current state of time. That state of time could be just the peak and outlook may seems rosy for almost everything.
I prefer to look at history, trends, past neighbouring transactions, location vs entry price. We all know many good performing projects bought in 2013 peak are still waiting to break even (even after waiting for so many years) whereas those who bought in 2014-2018 are already seeing good resales performance. Bro, again, Florence, NP, midwood and ASR may had performed well now but does not mean it will be likewise in resale. Resale performance is still the ultimate litmus test imo. :o


Anyway, don’t be misled. The one who usually gives candid comments r mainly airing their balls here. The one who gets more serious r usually those who had already placed their bet or had a stake in it. :o
like some had said, “since I had no stake in it, my opinions will be the most truthful and most candid”
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top