Ah ok. Thanks! Understood. Rent is about 650/mth. So I will still earn even if I solely use the BOC card for cardup transactions with 5% rebate on 600.
I thought I would be able to use cardup to hit 600/mth on OCBC credit cards to get additional 0.3% interest on 360 account. But not worth with the 2.6% service fee.
If you're looking at combination of Savings Account with Credit Card spend/CardUp for rebates, you should consider either:
1. BOC Smart Saver + BOC Family Credit card:
-If you satisfy the BOC Smart Saver requirements, the interest can be max 3.55% up to first $60,000
2. UOB One account + UOB One Credit card:
-You can get max 2.43% interest for the first $50,000
If possible, you can get both accounts since UOB One account doesn't use Salary credit as an absolute requirement to hit the higher bonus interest.
Both credit cards give 5% rebates for CardUp with some conditions:
- BOC Family CC: Maximum of $600 per statement month for CardUp or any Online transactions
- UOB One CC: Need to hit $2000 spend per statement month to get the 5% rebates, if less than $2000, rebate is 3.33%
