CardUp (Do not post or ask for referral code)

Dancing2

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi seniors, please indulge my newbie qn. This Cardup- UOBone/BOC thing sounds good but really need a lot of planning huh? Ok, so I was thinking for the bigger ticket annual insurance eg 6K, I try to split into 3 to get quarterly 5% tier for UOB one. Some qns:
1. Does UOB rebate have fixed 3 months? E.g. must I time it to Jan/Feb/Mar, or can I do Mar/Apr/May?
2. Insurer side typically would they make a lot of noise if I pay my annual premium ahead of time?
3. How do I tell Cardup of this arrangement since the invoice/policy number will be the same for the 3 payments?

Many thanks in advance!
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hi seniors, please indulge my newbie qn. This Cardup- UOBone/BOC thing sounds good but really need a lot of planning huh? Ok, so I was thinking for the bigger ticket annual insurance eg 6K, I try to split into 3 to get quarterly 5% tier for UOB one. Some qns:
1. Does UOB rebate have fixed 3 months? E.g. must I time it to Jan/Feb/Mar, or can I do Mar/Apr/May?
2. Insurer side typically would they make a lot of noise if I pay my annual premium ahead of time?
3. How do I tell Cardup of this arrangement since the invoice/policy number will be the same for the 3 payments?

Many thanks in advance!

1. The 3 months depends which month you applied the card. You can check which are the 3 months for you from the rewards summary section of your card statement.

2. It is ok

3. You specify when you want the payment to reach the insurance company by. The card will be charged a few days before that.
 
Last edited:

Dancing2

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Thank you Trazora. For pt 3, I know that I can specify when the payment needs to reach the company by. But can I also specify that I wish to split it into 3? Coz same policy number. Sorry I have not yet actually gone in to use the system. Pardon my stupid qns.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Thank you Trazora. For pt 3, I know that I can specify when the payment needs to reach the company by. But can I also specify that I wish to split it into 3? Coz same policy number. Sorry I have not yet actually gone in to use the system. Pardon my stupid qns.

CardUp will just make 1 single payment if you set up as one payment.

You would have to set up 3 separate payments over 3 months to be charged to your UOB card each month.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,745
Reaction score
1,331
Hi seniors, please indulge my newbie qn. This Cardup- UOBone/BOC thing sounds good but really need a lot of planning huh? Ok, so I was thinking for the bigger ticket annual insurance eg 6K, I try to split into 3 to get quarterly 5% tier for UOB one. Some qns:
1. Does UOB rebate have fixed 3 months? E.g. must I time it to Jan/Feb/Mar, or can I do Mar/Apr/May?
2. Insurer side typically would they make a lot of noise if I pay my annual premium ahead of time?
3. How do I tell Cardup of this arrangement since the invoice/policy number will be the same for the 3 payments?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, to answer your inquiries:

1) It is 3 consequtive months , (e.g. may also be feb, mar, apr) you may call UOB hotline (1800 2222 121) to check your statement quarter falls in which 3 month

2) Usually, the insurance company would be more than happy to receive advance payment, but some insurance company may require you to fill up a form to indicate your agreement to make the advance payment

3) First time paying to your insurance company, you have to fill up the company info at the CardUp's Schedule payment page

Info of the payee will be stored inside your account to convenience you setting up of subsequent payments to same payee in future

I have PM u with more details, pls check your PM :)
 

dewberry77

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Looking to pay my huge bill with cardup but...

Does anybody have a working promo code ? Please PM me. Thanks :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top