[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
what happens when you plug in the Sata power? are you still able to control the fan speeds?

Thanks wacko, tonight go back try.

Anyway, I suspect that my CPUFAN2 header is powering all 4 fans. I calculated the power draw for all fans is 0.426A / 5.12W.

But to play safe and not stress on 1 particular header, I'd better put the SATA power cable on. :o
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
Think i will have to read the manual & wacko's advice thoroughly to digest.

Waiting for the nxzt hue+ stock at PCT.
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Below is what I experienced so far.

The Phanteks PWM Hub connected to my CPUFAN2 header which is a PWM header.

With or without connecting the SATA power, I am able to control the speeds through BIOS.

As it is a PITA to reach those CPUFAN headers plus I do not have spare fan cables, I did not went on to try on a Voltage controlled header.
 

jemlee

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
all my fans are connected to the hub, the hub is connected to CPU_FAN and SATA power...

after reading about all the power draw thing...does it mean i am risking frying my mobo??

:s11::s11::s11:


im also waiting for pct to restock the hue+
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
all my fans are connected to the hub, the hub is connected to CPU_FAN and SATA power...

after reading about all the power draw thing...does it mean i am risking frying my mobo??

:s11::s11::s11:


im also waiting for pct to restock the hue+

If you have the sata power connected, no worries.
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Err so must connect the sata power?

I just follow the manual.

If connected to a PWM header, use the sata power cable.
If connected to a voltage controlled header, then don't use the sata power cable.

For my case previously, I connected the hub to a PWM header w/o the sata power. Although it works, I may be stressing that particular header.

I understand your concern is noise? If you're connected to a PWM header, you can bring the speed down when CPU not hot?
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
I just follow the manual.

If connected to a PWM header, use the sata power cable.
If connected to a voltage controlled header, then don't use the sata power cable.

For my case previously, I connected the hub to a PWM header w/o the sata power. Although it works, I may be stressing that particular header.

I understand your concern is noise? If you're connected to a PWM header, you can bring the speed down when CPU not hot?

oic. Will connect to the sata power.
I using AIO cooler for my cpu, dont think case fans make much a diff.

Thanks
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
Think i will have to read the manual & wacko's advice thoroughly to digest.

Waiting for the nxzt hue+ stock at PCT.

Poison for you bro? :D

9racXSS.jpg


QRusJVx.jpg
 

SECTORTWO

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
44
I just follow the manual.

If connected to a PWM header, use the sata power cable.
If connected to a voltage controlled header, then don't use the sata power cable.

For my case previously, I connected the hub to a PWM header w/o the sata power. Although it works, I may be stressing that particular header.

I understand your concern is noise? If you're connected to a PWM header, you can bring the speed down when CPU not hot?


I also damn confused about the fans and headers. End up I just connect the Predator to CPU_FAN and my 3x GT intake fans to the fan hub which is connected to FAN3 (or something) which is a PWM header too. Seems to work fine.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top