[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
My boy checking for leaks.

BdcNabOl.jpg


Sent from my mobile phone using GAGT
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Gd question. I forgot, later let u know when I home. ;)

K thanks.

Cause according to the manual, if connect to a PWM header, need to connect the sata power. If voltage controlled header, then no need the sata power.

My mobo only have 2 PWM headers. :( So need to plan.
 

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
15,333
Reaction score
212
K thanks.

Cause according to the manual, if connect to a PWM header, need to connect the sata power. If voltage controlled header, then no need the sata power.

My mobo only have 2 PWM headers. :( So need to plan.

Oh, i didnt read the manual. I likely connected it to the onboard header.

*ok, i connected the fan hub to the onboard pwm & the power molex, no wonder my 3 internal fans r so lousy. lol. Now much quieter after I removed the molex.
 
Last edited:

jemlee

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Oh, i didnt read the manual. I likely connected it to the onboard header.

*ok, i connected the fan hub to the onboard pwm & the power molex, no wonder my 3 internal fans r so lousy. lol. Now much quieter after I removed the molex.

hmm..so if i connect to on board pwm, i shouldnt connect the power cable, so that the fans can be pwm-controlled? :s22:
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
Oh, i didnt read the manual. I likely connected it to the onboard header.

*ok, i connected the fan hub to the onboard pwm & the power molex, no wonder my 3 internal fans r so lousy. lol. Now much quieter after I removed the molex.
it may mean that you have not configured the 4-pin header that you connect to to PWM-control, it's on voltage-control instead. if that is the case, better to change it to PWM-control, attach the molex power, so that the fans get powered by the molex, instead of all 3 being powered by a single motherboard fan header.

hmm..so if i connect to on board pwm, i shouldnt connect the power cable, so that the fans can be pwm-controlled? :s22:
no, for "PWM" control, it has to be connected to a fan header that is enabled for PWM-control, and the molex plugged in as well. the fans connected to the hub will be voltage controlled, based on what the "PWM" control signal is coming from the PWM-enable fan header.
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Finally completed my custom WC loop. Met with some hiccups along the way.
Need more testing to adjust fans and pump speed.

VozzC1L.jpg


F7OwKAt.jpg


BqUkwiL.jpg
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
K thanks.

Cause according to the manual, if connect to a PWM header, need to connect the sata power. If voltage controlled header, then no need the sata power.

My mobo only have 2 PWM headers. :( So need to plan.

Oh, i didnt read the manual. I likely connected it to the onboard header.

*ok, i connected the fan hub to the onboard pwm & the power molex, no wonder my 3 internal fans r so lousy. lol. Now much quieter after I removed the molex.

hmm..so if i connect to on board pwm, i shouldnt connect the power cable, so that the fans can be pwm-controlled? :s22:

it may mean that you have not configured the 4-pin header that you connect to to PWM-control, it's on voltage-control instead. if that is the case, better to change it to PWM-control, attach the molex power, so that the fans get powered by the molex, instead of all 3 being powered by a single motherboard fan header.

no, for "PWM" control, it has to be connected to a fan header that is enabled for PWM-control, and the molex plugged in as well. the fans connected to the hub will be voltage controlled, based on what the "PWM" control signal is coming from the PWM-enable fan header.

Until now I'm still quite confused. :s22:

My mobo has only 2 PWM headers; CPU_FAN and CPU_FAN2. According to the Phanteks manual, if I use the Fan Hub on a PWM header, I'll need to connect the SATA power.

But now, I connect the Fan Hub to CPU_FAN2 without connecting the SATA power to the Hub. AND, I'm able to adjust the fan speeds in BIOS.

So probably what wacko said is correct. I have 4x fans connected on the Fan Hub. So Fan No.1 is PWM controlled from BIOS. The Hub then in turn regulate the speed of Fan No.2, 3 and 4 according to the speed of Fan No.1.

But still don't understand why I don't need the SATA power connected. :s22:

Wow, that's one neat looking setup. Double thumbs up!

:s12:
 

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2014
Messages
7,268
Reaction score
1
Nice job! Really like the mobo block area how you looped hahaha

Prolly means that one header is powering all 4 fans. But are they actually running at your designated speed? Got test difference when you plug in/out the sata header?

One header cannot tank too many fans, because if overcurrent can kill the fan header. Rule of thumb (calculate by Power/Voltage), one header should not exceed 0.9 amp (some overhead for current surge)

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
Until now I'm still quite confused. :s22:

My mobo has only 2 PWM headers; CPU_FAN and CPU_FAN2. According to the Phanteks manual, if I use the Fan Hub on a PWM header, I'll need to connect the SATA power.

But now, I connect the Fan Hub to CPU_FAN2 without connecting the SATA power to the Hub. AND, I'm able to adjust the fan speeds in BIOS.

So probably what wacko said is correct. I have 4x fans connected on the Fan Hub. So Fan No.1 is PWM controlled from BIOS. The Hub then in turn regulate the speed of Fan No.2, 3 and 4 according to the speed of Fan No.1.

But still don't understand why I don't need the SATA power connected. :s22:



:s12:

it is explained in the manual of the fan hub. basically, when the fan hub is connected to a header that is in voltage-control mode, the voltage it receives from the header is what it sends out to the fans connected to the hub. but if you connect the Sata power cable to it in this mode, the fixed 12V from the Sata power cable "overrides" whatever voltage is coming from the header, hence all the fans connected will run at full 12V speed.

http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-PWHUB.pdf
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Nice job! Really like the mobo block area how you looped hahaha

Prolly means that one header is powering all 4 fans. But are they actually running at your designated speed? Got test difference when you plug in/out the sata header?

One header cannot tank too many fans, because if overcurrent can kill the fan header. Rule of thumb (calculate by Power/Voltage), one header should not exceed 0.9 amp (some overhead for current surge)

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Thanks.

Yes, think I'd better try with the SATA power connected to the PWM Hub.

But think should be safe? Read that the header best not to exceed 1A. And the PWM Hub not to exceed 30W.

4x Fans think will not exceed that figure given 1 fan is 0.2A and 3W (max).

Tonight go back try connecting the SATA power and see if anything chibaboom.
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
it is explained in the manual of the fan hub. basically, when the fan hub is connected to a header that is in voltage-control mode, the voltage it receives from the header is what it sends out to the fans connected to the hub. but if you connect the Sata power cable to it in this mode, the fixed 12V from the Sata power cable "overrides" whatever voltage is coming from the header, hence all the fans connected will run at full 12V speed.

http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-PWHUB.pdf

Thing is, my PWM Hub is connected to my CPU_FAN2, which is a PWM header.

O6UPOI5.jpg


:s11:

Unless like the Phanteks manual said, my CPU_FAN2 is not a true PWM signal?
 

Gloom me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
20
Now I am confused abt the fan hub.

:s13: :s13: Me too.

Think mai headache. Just connect on SYSFAN and use voltage control. :D

No need increment of 1% lor. 10% also doesn't makes much difference on cooling and sound.

But still a bit uneasy... must break the claypot, ask until bottom. :s13:
 

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2014
Messages
7,268
Reaction score
1
Thanks.

Yes, think I'd better try with the SATA power connected to the PWM Hub.

But think should be safe? Read that the header best not to exceed 1A. And the PWM Hub not to exceed 30W.

4x Fans think will not exceed that figure given 1 fan is 0.2A and 3W (max).

Tonight go back try connecting the SATA power and see if anything chibaboom.
Yeah

But ultimately I think either scenario happening bah:
1. Pwm header providing power but not enough for all fans to run at the speed you set

2. Pwm header provide enough power to run all fans at max

Play around to sort it out

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
 

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,543
Reaction score
266
Thing is, my PWM Hub is connected to my CPU_FAN2, which is a PWM header.

O6UPOI5.jpg


:s11:

Unless like the Phanteks manual said, my CPU_FAN2 is not a true PWM signal?

what happens when you plug in the Sata power? are you still able to control the fan speeds?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top