[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
Theres only 2. One for chassis LED. One for Phanteks LED which is purchase separate.
 

shanli

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Theres only 2. One for chassis LED. One for Phanteks LED which is purchase separate.
Weird, for my phanteks led wire it is not connected to the hub 12v. For mine the chassis led and phanteks led is linked tgt.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Weird, for my phanteks led wire it is not connected to the hub 12v. For mine the chassis led and phanteks led is linked tgt.

There should be 3. Check around the small wires that are bundled together mine were hidden in there. It should be 2 small funny looking connectors for the Phanteks RGB LED, 1 SATA for the case LEDs, 1 SATA for the PWM fan hub. Look at page 10 of your manual.

I plugged in both SATA and didn't use the RGB LED connector since I bought those from Cablemods.
 

shanli

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
There should be 3. Check around the small wires that are bundled together mine were hidden in there. It should be 2 small funny looking connectors for the Phanteks RGB LED, 1 SATA for the case LEDs, 1 SATA for the PWM fan hub. Look at page 10 of your manual.

I plugged in both SATA and didn't use the RGB LED connector since I bought those from Cablemods.
Yup I think there was a confusion hahaha. Actually the funny looking connectors for the phanteks RGB led is linked to the sata for the case I believe.

The sata for the PWM fan hub when I pluck it out my fans are still working thats why I find it weird. Or is it because my fans dont take too much current/voltage compared to other fans.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
The sata for the PWM fan hub when I pluck it out my fans are still working thats why I find it weird. Or is it because my fans dont take too much current/voltage compared to other fans.

Yea I did that as well and thought it was the correct way to set up the fan. I was told that's incorrect and without the SATA 12v cable connected, your case PWM hub is just acting as a Y splitter and the fans are regulated by voltage.


I have a question for other Tempered Glass owners. Is the HDD LED supposed to flicker with HDD activity? I have the cable connected to my motherboard and the LED on the front panel (I assume this is the HDD LED?) is permanently on... it's the same as the power button LED.
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Yea I did that as well and thought it was the correct way to set up the fan. I was told that's incorrect and without the SATA 12v cable connected, your case PWM hub is just acting as a Y splitter and the fans are regulated by voltage.


I have a question for other Tempered Glass owners. Is the HDD LED supposed to flicker with HDD activity? I have the cable connected to my motherboard and the LED on the front panel (I assume this is the HDD LED?) is permanently on... it's the same as the power button LED.

Yeah the white ring around the LED control button supposed to flicker with HDD activity. Maybe check your front panel headers are connected correctly
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Yeah the white ring around the LED control button supposed to flicker with HDD activity. Maybe check your front panel headers are connected correctly

Ahh did not realize the HDD LED is from there... I thought it was the LED bar on the front panel.

I had the HDD header plugged in the wrong way to the mobo, I flipped it and now it works. Is there any way to change the color for the HDD LED or is it just white? Thanks!
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Ahh did not realize the HDD LED is from there... I thought it was the LED bar on the front panel.

I had the HDD header plugged in the wrong way to the mobo, I flipped it and now it works. Is there any way to change the color for the HDD LED or is it just white? Thanks!

Nope, only white. Only able to change color for power button and that thin line on the front
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Ahh did not realize the HDD LED is from there... I thought it was the LED bar on the front panel.

I had the HDD header plugged in the wrong way to the mobo, I flipped it and now it works. Is there any way to change the color for the HDD LED or is it just white? Thanks!

If you are good in soldering, you can remove the LED and replace with another coloured LED.
 

LegendZenify

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
66
Ahh did not realize the HDD LED is from there... I thought it was the LED bar on the front panel.

I had the HDD header plugged in the wrong way to the mobo, I flipped it and now it works. Is there any way to change the color for the HDD LED or is it just white? Thanks!

Since it's white (and if you lazy or dunno how to solder), you can just cover the led with a thin layer of nail polish.
This method works best on white leds. :s13:
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Can this case fit 360 rad at the top and 360 rad at the front without modding?

Possible.... but going to be shoehorned.... :s22:

qVXx6Cr.jpg
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
You can put 2x360mm. But you got to make sacrifices. Got to make do with res pump combo, find a way to do a horizontal res.

Just like the pic above.

Also you will have a hard time with your rest of the pcie slots. May not be able to use in future.

For my case, i still retain the 360mm slim at the top, 240mm in front.

I put a pump at the bottom, and i have space for a res. Doing so, i have access to all my pcie slots.
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Nope, only white. Only able to change color for power button and that thin line on the front

OK not a big deal :)

If you are good in soldering, you can remove the LED and replace with another coloured LED.

haha not good at soldering and don't mind it being white

Since it's white (and if you lazy or dunno how to solder), you can just cover the led with a thin layer of nail polish.
This method works best on white leds. :s13:

lol thanks good to know :s13:
 

Demonbecks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
1,362
Reaction score
3
hi guys need some help, i'm trying to install 3 x 120mm fans in the front. How do I keep them in place? There are no screw holes for the 120mm fans, only for the 140mm fans. Do I have to buy nuts to keep them secure?
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,896
Reaction score
1,448
hi guys need some help, i'm trying to install 3 x 120mm fans in the front. How do I keep them in place? There are no screw holes for the 120mm fans, only for the 140mm fans. Do I have to buy nuts to keep them secure?
I just did that today lol. I screw the fans in with short screws from the inside. Bear in mind the lowest fan bottom screws will require u to remove the 3.5 hdd cage to access it

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top